30 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Please explain to me how Sarah kicking 2 EPs and kicking off prevents Vandy and GA from playing this Saturday. They had only 49 scholarship playing last Saturday against Tenn and I am sure the only reason they played that game was because it was their in-state rival.

I saw those players after she kicked her first EP, there is no issue with those players and her. That is a story made up by insecure men who just have a problem with a girl kicking in a football game. Like she is going to change the way the world rotates! After her first game, 1 player opted out, Dayo Odeyingbo, in August they had 6 opt out due to covid.

And no one really believes he was fired over playing her, that too is a made up story from the same men! He has had really bad seasons they and he was 0-8!

I think it bad that GA can't play! I was looking forward to the game, but I don't think you blame it on Sarah! It's Covid and lack of players.

I'm sorry that this has gotten so far under your skin, maybe just see it for what it is and let it go. 

You know, if you keep accentuating generalized "insecure men" as the villain's of this story, some might think you're one of those silly bigoted man-haters. Just sayin.

For crying out loud, this has nothing to do with "her" kicking EP's.  You're suggesting men are threatened by her by calling any man who criticizes this topic "insecure" and that's just asinine and childish.

I don't think you're even doing her or women any favors, either.  Do you really think that a girl who kicked a 35 yard squib kick actually earned SEC ST player of the week honors?  Do you think women are emboldened or empowered when they go out and do something that is not only unremarkable and below standard for a male athlete, but quite assuredly even average for a relative female athlete?

Sarah worked her way up on the girl's soccer team from a nasty broken foot and almost leaving the sport to becoming the starting goalie and winning a bunch of national accolades in the SEC. THAT is real achievement that empowers women and creates role models for young girls. Be proud of that.  There's nothing wrong or less virtuous about that.

Praising someone for what is technically the epitome of mediocrity, or less, is not a good way to empower women and argue the merits of gender equality.  Showing women that tokenism is how to engage the real world and reduce the barriers in biological realities between us is not a good strategy.

So is this the message and standard now set for girls who want to play football?  35 yard squib kicks, immediately running off the field so it's 10v11, and nothing more than 20 yard EP's?  Because let's be honest, no men's football teams are actually going to recruit and hand out scholarships for that. And after a very short stint (like already/immediately), fans aren't going to want to see it either.

Or was it really all just about whether the concept warranted praise or not? Because THAT is really the only viable argument and the only thing the vast majority of us dastardly evil "insecure men" (and even a ton of "insecure women" who have raised criticism) are pointing at.  The gimmick... the stunt... how fake and self-serving it's real intent was.  And by self-serving I don't mean Sarah, I mean the people and organization that put her there.

But again, let's not forget the "concept" was forced upon everyone by a school who also forces their staff to put their pronouns on their freaking name plaques.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXrV1rX50Ynr4eJrTgmPx

Nuff said about that....

As for Sarah, personally, did you see what she said to the team during half-time of the Mizzou game?

“If I’m going to be honest, I was a little pissed off at how quiet everybody was on the sideline,” Fuller told Cronin. “We made a first down, and I was the only one cheering and I was like – what the heck? What’s going on? And I tried to get them pumped up, and I was like, ‘You guys need to start [cheering] your team on.’
“My main thing was during the SEC tournament, my entire team was cheering the entire time. It didn’t matter if we were in the locker room or if they were on the sidelines, I think that’s what won it for us. Everybody was cheering non-stop. I just went in there, and I said exactly what I was thinking. I was like, ‘We need to be cheering each other on. This is how you win games. This is how you get better by calling each other out for stuff, and I’m going to call you guys out.

“We need to be supporting one another. If we get a first down, if an interception happens, it’s our fault. We need to be lifting each other up. That’s what a team’s about. I think this team has struggled, and that’s been part of it. We really just need to build that team camaraderie where they can all lean on one another. It was an adjustment going from that team mentality where – hey, we’re all here supporting one another, and I just wanted to bring that to this team.”

THAT is the only thing I have a problem directly with Sarah about.  You didn't earn squat.  The AD forced the coach to let you on the team and kick in spite of the perfectly healthy punter who was already the backup kicker.  You don't get to berate a bunch of other players who earned their way on to the team and have been busting their butts grinding it out for months/years while you've only been there 2 days.

And it doesn't matter that she's female.  Even if they pulled a kid off the men's soccer team (if they had one) and he got up at half-time and reamed everyone out for not freaking cheering like his soccer team does, I'd be saying the same thing.

Nobody was threatened by her and Vandy isn't playing UGA because of her.  Once you and others stop trying to insult people here with that line of accusation, maybe we can actually begin having honest discussions.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“This is ********!!! There’s nothing special about her! Put some guys in women’s sports!” Ok what’s your problem? ”I don’t have a problem! You’re the one with a problem! This is just a publi

I have a big problem with because this is clearly a “woke” publicity stunt.  She was given the opportunity vs. earning it.  They have their real kicker kick field goals but bring her in for the extra

Or, we can let her be the first female in history to score in a power 5 conference. It’s kind of a big deal. Whether you respect it or not, it’s not something that’s been done in a 140 years or so of

34 minutes ago, Beef said:

You know, if you keep accentuating generalized "insecure men" as the villain's of this story, some might think you're one of those silly bigoted man-haters. Just sayin.

For crying out loud, this has nothing to do with "her" kicking EP's.  You're suggesting men are threatened by her by calling any man who criticizes this topic "insecure" and that's just asinine and childish.

I don't think you're even doing her or women any favors, either.  Do you really think that a girl who kicked a 35 yard squib kick actually earned SEC ST player of the week honors?  Do you think women are emboldened or empowered when they go out and do something that is not only unremarkable and below standard for a male athlete, but quite assuredly even average for a relative female athlete?

Sarah worked her way up on the girl's soccer team from a nasty broken foot and almost leaving the sport to becoming the starting goalie and winning a bunch of national accolades in the SEC. THAT is real achievement that empowers women and creates role models for young girls. Be proud of that.  There's nothing wrong or less virtuous about that.

Praising someone for what is technically the epitome of mediocrity, or less, is not a good way to empower women and argue the merits of gender equality.  Showing women that tokenism is how to engage the real world and reduce the barriers in biological realities between us is not a good strategy.

So is this the message and standard now set for girls who want to play football?  35 yard squib kicks, immediately running off the field so it's 10v11, and nothing more than 20 yard EP's?  Because let's be honest, no men's football teams are actually going to recruit and hand out scholarships for that. And after a very short stint (like already/immediately), fans aren't going to want to see it either.

Or was it really all just about whether the concept warranted praise or not? Because THAT is really the only viable argument and the only thing the vast majority of us dastardly evil "insecure men" (and even a ton of "insecure women" who have raised criticism) are pointing at.  The gimmick... the stunt... how fake and self-serving it's real intent was.  And by self-serving I don't mean Sarah, I mean the people and organization that put her there.

But again, let's not forget the "concept" was forced upon everyone by a school who also forces their staff to put their pronouns on their freaking name plaques.

Nuff said about that....

As for Sarah, personally, did you see what she said to the team during half-time of the Mizzou game?

THAT is the only thing I have a problem directly with Sarah about.  You didn't earn squat.  The AD forced the coach to let you on the team and kick in spite of the perfectly healthy punter who was already the backup kicker.  You don't get to berate a bunch of other players who earned their way on to the team and have been busting their butts grinding it out for months/years while you've only been there 2 days.

And it doesn't matter that she's female.  Even if they pulled a kid off the men's soccer team (if they had one) and he got up at half-time and reamed everyone out for not freaking cheering like his soccer team does, I'd be saying the same thing.

Nobody was threatened by her and Vandy isn't playing UGA because of her.  Once you and others stop trying to insult people here with that line of accusation, maybe we can actually begin having honest discussions.

I didn’t know that about Sarah’s foot and rehab. Neither I nor thousands of others would know her story if she hadn’t stepped on the football field. That’s the thing you’re missing and what everyone else is trying to celebrate. 

stop acting like she or anybody at vandy took something from you or cost you something. 

1 hour ago, Beef said:

Nuff said about that....

Dude, you said in your reply to my post where I asked, What’s the big deal, that GA and Vandy are missing this weekends game due to her.

I’m really sorry you are so angry about this happening, really sad. I hope you work through it.

13 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I didn’t know that about Sarah’s foot and rehab. Neither I nor thousands of others would know her story if she hadn’t stepped on the football field. That’s the thing you’re missing and what everyone else is trying to celebrate. 

stop acting like she or anybody at vandy took something from you or cost you something. 

I didn’t miss anything. For Christ sake I’m the one that researched her and made you aware. Don’t freaking sit here and act like you looked her story up prior to me just saying it and then claim I’m the one who missed something.  Holy crap.

There’s thousands of female athletes with similar stories of triumph over adversity. As I said, that is something to celebrate.

But she is not unique in that regard and did nothing extraordinary on the field with men. So don’t sit here and act like you care about this girl, and then use that as a way to try and shame me. You’re precisely the problem, then... acting like you’re better than others by twisting a false narrative.

She grossly under-performed the standards for this sport. That isn’t a good thing for women. Tokenism isn’t a good thing anywhere at anytime.

And Vandy did take away a game vs. my team this next weekend over this, and could quite likely cost the team I boost and donate money to millions in revenue. Blaming only COVID is naive and intellectually dishonest.

Anyone who thinks an 0-7 team getting forced mandates by the AD to pull woke gimmicks and THEN fires it’s head coach after they lose game 8 is not in complete shambles is lying to themselves.

As if the game 8 loss, where the gimmick was designed, was the final straw of losses that broke the back for Mason.

”Look Derek, if you can’t win even after we give you a girl kicker, then you’ve finally proven you can’t cut it!”

Do you folks ever use your brains?

18 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Dude, you said in your reply to my post where I asked, What’s the big deal, that GA and Vandy are missing this weekends game due to her.

I’m really sorry you are so angry about this happening, really sad. I hope you work through it.

No, I didn’t. You’re being dishonest.

I consider Sarah a victim in all this. She was used like a tool by Vandy and their SJW AD. And subsequently used like a tool by folks like you who are virtue signaling off her name and the stunt, in spite of the incredibly unremarkable sub-standard performance that you laughably consider a boon for women, when in reality it only set a low bar that probably now makes it even more difficult for girls in the equality argument.

I have repeatedly blamed the people who pulled the stunt.

The ONLY thing I criticized Sarah for was thinking it was okay to berate the football team at halftime for not cheering.

17 minutes ago, Beef said:

I didn’t miss anything. For Christ sake I’m the one that researched her and made you aware. Don’t freaking sit here and act like you looked her story up prior to me just saying it and then claim I’m the one who missed something.  Holy crap.

There’s thousands of female athletes with similar stories of triumph over adversity. As I said, that is something to celebrate.

But she is not unique in that regard and did nothing extraordinary on the field with men. So don’t sit here and act like you care about this girl, and then use that as a way to try and shame me. You’re precisely the problem, then... acting like you’re better than others by twisting a false narrative.

She grossly under-performed the standards for this sport. That isn’t a good thing for women. Tokenism isn’t a good thing anywhere at anytime.

And Vandy did take away a game vs. my team this next weekend over this, and could quite likely cost the team I boost and donate money to millions in revenue. Blaming only COVID is naive and intellectually dishonest.

Anyone who thinks an 0-7 team getting forced mandates by the AD to pull woke gimmicks and THEN fires it’s head coach after they lose game 8 is not in complete shambles is lying to themselves.

As if the game 8 loss, where the gimmick was designed, was the final straw of losses that broke the back for Mason.

”Look Derek, if you can’t win even after we give you a girl kicker, then you’ve finally proven you can’t cut it!”

Do you folks ever use your brains?

I never tried to take credit for looking her story up. The point is that nobody would have known her story if she never stepped on the football field. And because her story is being put out there to thousands more people girls have someone else to look up to. That’s what people are celebrating. 

and yes Vandy is in shambles for a lot more reasons than a girl kicker. Pushing the narrative that Vandy cancelled the game due to this girl is being intellectually dishonest. 

4 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I never tried to take credit for looking her story up. The point is that nobody would have known her story if she never stepped on the football field. And because her story is being put out there to thousands more people girls have someone else to look up to. That’s what people are celebrating. 

and yes Vandy is in shambles for a lot more reasons than a girl kicker. Pushing the narrative that Vandy cancelled the game due to this girl is being intellectually dishonest. 

Both of you need to quote where I allegedly said Vandy is cancelling the game “because of Sarah”, or Shut up.

And when you can’t find it because the quote doesn’t exist, how about you then apologize?

10 hours ago, Beef said:

Now the coach is fired, a dozen players have “opted out” (quit because they didn’t sign up to be an experiment in woke virtue signaling), and the game vs my UGA Dawgs is cancelled

And if you’re upset because I listed legitimate valid reasons for being irritated about this, then too bad. You didn’t score virtue points with this stunt. You don’t get to act like you’re morally superior to me.  This clown world move likely caused players to quit, probably contributed to a good coach being fired, and cost my team a game to play.

7 hours ago, Beef said:

And a dozen or so players essentially quit, also allegedly because of Fuller, and now they are under the player threshold and are cancelling the game vs UGA.

Real consequences.

🤐

38 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

🤐

What part of “quit because they didn’t sign up to be an experiment in woke virtue signaling” and “This clown world move caused players to quit” did you not understand?

Seriously, how can you see me say she’s not personally to blame like a dozen times while explaining who I think is to blame another dozen times, and then act like it all doesn’t exist just so you can take one sentence out of context and misrepresent what was said??

WTH is wrong with you people? Do you get off on dishonesty?

What’s the point. No question mark necessary. Made up stuff, is made up. Made up feelings, for or against is also made up. Biology and science is the truth. Happy for the kicker. Good for her and all women and men that embrace the accomplishment. Which is also made up. Like I said, biology and science will always prevail. We’re all going to die. Who cares? Really. What’s the point? 

Jesus, the salty bs in this thread. Honestly, I think peoples “virtue signaling” is more about the negative a-holes who keep on and on about what a travesty it is that a girl kicked a field goal. I mean, seriously, WHY DO YOU CARE so much? Did that kick off or field goal hit your dog or something? Good for her, she kicked a field goal and you numb nuts are treating it like the Japanese just bombed Pearl Harbor. So many other things to be concerned about in this world and you choose a female kicker. You people need perspective. Go watch passion of Christ or something and get a good idea of what bad day looks like again. Do something more productive with your time than argue on a stupid forum board about how a girl kicking a field goal and the praise she got afterwards is the worst thing ever. Seriously...

1 hour ago, Des-pool said:

Jesus, the salty bs in this thread. Honestly, I think peoples “virtue signaling” is more about the negative a-holes who keep on and on about what a travesty it is that a girl kicked a field goal. I mean, seriously, WHY DO YOU CARE so much? Did that kick off or field goal hit your dog or something? Good for her, she kicked a field goal and you numb nuts are treating it like the Japanese just bombed Pearl Harbor. So many other things to be concerned about in this world and you choose a female kicker. You people need perspective. Go watch passion of Christ or something and get a good idea of what bad day looks like again. Do something more productive with your time than argue on a stupid forum board about how a girl kicking a field goal and the praise she got afterwards is the worst thing ever. Seriously...

Why are you commenting and chastising people when you clearly haven’t read a word anyone’s actually said and you don’t even know what the girl did?

She didn’t kick any field goals (only a bad squib kick and a couple 20 yard EP’s... they skipped her over when FG was needed), nobody is demeaning her personally because of her gender (we’re criticizing the woke gimmick and her ridiculous lecturing the team at half-time for not cheering), and there absolutely were negative consequences that affected some of us (game with UGA cancelled/seniors get no senior day game sucks and also = millions in lost revenue to both schools).

If you’re going to jump in the pool and berate people at least know WTH is going on. Nothing you said was accurate, but that’s par for the course with you folks. You’re not the first and likely won’t be the last to cry some ignorant defensive blather.

1 hour ago, Beef said:

Why are you commenting and chastising people when you clearly haven’t read a word anyone’s actually said and you don’t even know what the girl did?

She didn’t kick any field goals (only a bad squib kick and a couple 20 yard EP’s... they skipped her over when FG was needed), nobody is demeaning her personally because of her gender (we’re criticizing the woke gimmick and her ridiculous lecturing the team at half-time for not cheering), and there absolutely were negative consequences that affected some of us (game with UGA cancelled/seniors get no senior day game sucks and also = millions in lost revenue to both schools).

If you’re going to jump in the pool and berate people at least know WTH is going on. Nothing you said was accurate, but that’s par for the course with you folks. You’re not the first and likely won’t be the last to cry some ignorant defensive blather.

Because you dumb f***s keep saying it doesn’t bother you, but then you make a crap ton of posts about how dare she and how dare Vanderbilt and act like feffing children who got sent to bed without getting to watch tv. Seriously, maybe the “woke” brigade is correct, maybe us white males ARE the issue, or at least some of us. I don’t even buy into most of that crap but seeing a lot of UGA fans reactions to some girl kicking a field goal acting like their dog just got shot has got me questioning. You want to use the words “you people?” Well, you people are insecure babies who can’t stand the world changing in any way.  Take that and sit on it. 

15 minutes ago, Des-pool said:

Because you dumb f***s keep saying it doesn’t bother you, but then you make a crap ton of posts about how dare she and how dare Vanderbilt and act like feffing children who got sent to bed without getting to watch tv. Seriously, maybe the “woke” brigade is correct, maybe us white males ARE the issue, or at least some of us. I don’t even buy into most of that crap but seeing a lot of UGA fans reactions to some girl kicking a field goal acting like their dog just got shot has got me questioning. You want to use the words “you people?” Well, you people are insecure babies who can’t stand the world changing in any way.  Take that and sit on it. 

That's twice now you didn't read anything that was actually written by anyone and still made the same wildly false and incorrect accusations.

And by "you people" I'm directly speaking about you ignorant few who keep twisting this into something it's not.  Acting like the focal point of those of us complaining is about "a girl in a men's sport" when it's always actually been about "the stunt and it's resulting negative consequences".

Sarah is a victim in this.  She was used by the school, admin, media, and woke activists because they think it scores them virtue points to force a female into an extremely violent gladiator-level sport, and then berate anyone who doesn't agree with their self-declared virtuous actions and displays of supreme moral righteousness.

The problem is, however, that it didn't help empower women or female athletes.  It didn't do a thing for gender equality. Young girls aren't suddenly going, "Oh wow, now I want to be a gimmick for woke culture and appear mediocre and weak compared to men at a relative skill.", and no freaking way are football coaches suddenly convinced they should recruit girls.

It did precisely the opposite of all that.

And the actual end result of this "stunt" is Vandy and UGA losing millions in revenue, a good man being fired for bucking his AD, players quitting the team and causing our game to be cancelled, and UGA's seniors to no longer have a Senior Day game to play, and us fans sitting at home with no game to watch (season ticket holders don't get a refund, either).

And the blame is NOT on Sarah.  I don't know how many times I have to repeat that for you to get it through your thick skull, but please read that several times until it finally computes.  Nobody is personally blaming the girl.

3 hours ago, Beef said:

Sarah is a victim in this.  She was used by the school, admin, media, and woke activists because they think it scores them virtue points to force a female into an extremely violent gladiator-level sport, and then berate anyone who doesn't agree with their self-declared virtuous actions and displays of supreme moral righteousness.

And the actual end result of this "stunt" is Vandy and UGA losing millions in revenue, a good man being fired for bucking his AD, players quitting the team and causing our game to be cancelled, and UGA's seniors to no longer have a Senior Day game to play, and us fans sitting at home with no game to watch (season ticket holders don't get a refund, either).

1. I am sure Sarah doesn’t feel like a victim. She has brought attention to girls soccer programs and raised a lot of money for her charity.

2. There you go again blaming her kicking 2 EPs and kicking off for canceling the GA v Vandy game! How in the heck do you rationalize that? And this time, don’t say you never said it, because it is right there in your own words!

54 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

1. I am sure Sarah doesn’t feel like a victim. She has brought attention to girls soccer programs and raised a lot of money for her charity.

2. There you go again blaming her kicking 2 EPs and kicking off for canceling the GA v Vandy game! How in the heck do you rationalize that? And this time, don’t say you never said it, because it is right there in your own words!

1. You have no idea what she feels. And it is 100% fact that the school and admin USED HER for their personal gain, and that it ultimately had a reverse affect on the underlying “cause” the whole thing was about (gender equality).

Again, she inadequately and grossly under-performed what a male can do in that position, and football coaches will not be clamoring to recruit girls and instead are now even more turned off by the concept.

2. You’re a dishonest hack and everyone sees it.

It clearly means a lot to you to try and shame me for allegedly attacking or demeaning a female. You clearly want so bad to call me a women-hater that you will openly ignore the dozens of times and ways I’ve explained the complaint isn’t directed at her, but at the woke activists for pulling the stunt.

I mean it’s astounding that you can quote me calling her a victim in this and then somehow in the next breath claim I’m hating on her as the direct cause.

That’s so freaking buffoonish, I’m actually embarrassed for you and how intellectually challenged folks here must now realize you are.

Your brain just isn’t wired properly and you clearly have issues.

Everybody knows it’s made up.  Lol. Some of us don’t care because made up stuff is made up. You cannot change the world. Only war does that. And the victors write the history books. So if you want change, at this point in history you have to be willing to kill or die. There is no intellectual conversations at this point. Sorry. 50/50. What are YOU willing to do?