• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“This is ********!!! There’s nothing special about her! Put some guys in women’s sports!” Ok what’s your problem? ”I don’t have a problem! You’re the one with a problem! This is just a publi

I have a big problem with because this is clearly a “woke” publicity stunt.  She was given the opportunity vs. earning it.  They have their real kicker kick field goals but bring her in for the extra

Or, we can let her be the first female in history to score in a power 5 conference. It’s kind of a big deal. Whether you respect it or not, it’s not something that’s been done in a 140 years or so of

2 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

No man happy guy, good life just don’t understand much of the thought process going on these days, that’s all.. 

Seems like there's a whole lot of people trying to be offended about every little thing they can and it's not limited to liberals at all.

Seriously... it was a publicity stunt. For a winless team. WGAS. If it doesn't mean anything then keep on scrolling

22 hours ago, Carter said:

“This is ********!!! There’s nothing special about her! Put some guys in women’s sports!”

Ok what’s your problem?

”I don’t have a problem! You’re the one with a problem! This is just a publicity stunt and I have opinions about things!”

Ok bro, well some people think it’s cool. What’s wrong with that? Why do you keep talking bad about it?

”You’re the one obsessed! Not me!!!!!1 Leave me alone!!1!one”

So stupid

Thanks for writing this, it saves me the hassle and I’m glad I’m not the only one who sees the contradictions and inability to carry on adult dialogue. 

There’s nothing “impressive” about anything she did. A 35 yard squib kick and a 20 yard EP is nothing to be impressed over.

What I’m irritated about is that not only could their punter, who was already the backup kicker, have done everything she did, but Sarah decided after the game last week she was going to stand up in the locker room and berate the entire team for not cheering on the sideline during the game.

Sorry, but you’ve only been on the team for 2 days as a publicity stunt. You didn’t earn anything. You’re a virtue signal for your woke SJW AD. You don’t get to lecture the football players of a zero win season about how your soccer team still cheers even during losses so they should too.

Now the coach is fired, a dozen players have “opted out” (quit because they didn’t sign up to be an experiment in woke virtue signaling), and the game vs my UGA Dawgs is cancelled.

And if you’re upset because I listed legitimate valid reasons for being irritated about this, then too bad. You didn’t score virtue points with this stunt. You don’t get to act like you’re morally superior to me.  This clown world move likely caused players to quit, probably contributed to a good coach being fired, and cost my team a game to play.

Edited by Beef
22 minutes ago, Beef said:

There’s nothing “impressive” about anything she did. A 35 yard squib kick and a 20 yard EP is nothing to be impressed over.

What I’m irritated about is that not only could their punter, who was already the backup kicker, have done everything she did, but Sarah decided after the game last week she was going to stand up in the locker room and berate the entire team for not cheering on the sideline during the game.

Sorry, but you’ve only been on the team for 2 days as a publicity stunt. You didn’t earn anything. You’re a virtue signal for your woke SJW AD. You don’t get to lecture the football players of a zero win season about how your soccer team still cheers even during losses so they should too.

Now the coach is fired, a dozen players have “opted out” (quit because they didn’t sign up to be an experiment in woke virtue signaling), and the game vs my UGA Dawgs is cancelled.

And if you’re upset because I listed legitimate valid reasons for being irritated about this, then too bad. You didn’t score virtue points with this stunt. You don’t get to act like you’re morally superior to me.  This clown world move likely caused players to quit, probably contributed to a good coach being fired, and cost my team a game to play.

I'm sorry this is happening to you

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

I'm sorry this is happening to you

I’m sorry you don’t get to score virtue points and act like you’re some amazing champion for women and better person than me because this stunt didn’t quite do what you wanted it to do.

Me: +1

Your feelings: 0

1 minute ago, Beef said:

I’m sorry you don’t get to score virtue points and act like you’re some amazing champion for women and better person than me because this stunt didn’t quite do what you wanted it to do.

My feelings? Virtue score? Giving yourself a point? :lol: :lol: :lol: ok

I only posted in here because grown men are acting like spoiled little children. I don't care about her playing in the game at all. I don't have any problem whatsoever with her doing so either. It is what it is. Make sure you get those points though bro, you're going places. 👍

1 minute ago, Carter said:

My feelings? Virtue score? Giving yourself a point? :lol: :lol: :lol: ok

I only posted in here because grown men are acting like spoiled little children. I don't care about her playing in the game at all. I don't have any problem whatsoever with her doing so either. It is what it is. Make sure you get those points though bro, you're going places. 👍

Who are you trying to kid?

You're literally on every page of every thread Sarah Fuller is mentioned in this forum making snide defensive comments at anyone who has an ounce of criticism or disapproval.

It’s clearly hit you in the feels more than anyone.

Can we :

1) Enjoy what she actually accomplished for her gender to suit up and play in a game for a P5 team regardless the outcome

while at the same time

2) viewing it all as a publicity stunt

Cannot adults have both thoughts?

Also isn't this the season and month and ESD-eve that we all should be a little more cheerful and tolerant of each other?

Enjoy

6 minutes ago, Beef said:

Who are you trying to kid?

You're literally on every page of every thread Sarah Fuller is mentioned in this forum making snide defensive comments at anyone who has an ounce of criticism or disapproval.

It’s clearly hit you in the feels more than anyone.

Lol what? You are really committed to arguing about this aren’t you.

As far as I know this is the only thread about her and all I’ve done is point out how dumb and weird people like you look raging about it. I posted about the rumor that the game could be canceled because some players objected to how the whole thing was handled... other than that I’ve only posted a few times about how ridiculous it is to be upset about it. I really don’t understand why your panties are so twisted up.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Lol what? You are really committed to arguing about this aren’t you.

As far as I know this is the only thread about her and all I’ve done is point out how dumb and weird people like you look raging about it. I posted about the rumor that the game could be canceled because some players objected to how the whole thing was handled... other than that I’ve only posted a few times about how ridiculous it is to be upset about it. I really don’t understand why your panties are so twisted up.

You realize you started by making a snide reply to me, right?

I expressed my opinion about the thread topic, then you got butthurt and took a dig at me.

But you go on acting like you don't care and aren’t defensive.

8 minutes ago, Beef said:

You realize you started by making a snide reply to me, right?

I expressed my opinion about the thread topic, then you got butthurt and took a dig at me.

But you go on acting like you don't care and aren’t defensive.

Cool. You guys want to go around simultaneously playing the aggressor and the victim. I'm just making fun of you because it's so absurd. People can think her playing and scoring a point was cool without having any kind of thoughts of moral superiority you know. Not everything is some liberal culture war. You're the one coming in here applying that to anyone who doesn't agree with your antagonistic approach to it. I have no reason to lie about liking it or not caring, you can think what you want. Some of yall have dog **** opinions and go around with abusive language like it's justified. I'm treating you accordingly.

If there's nothing else to say about it we can move on.

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

Cool. You guys want to go around simultaneously playing the aggressor and the victim. I'm just making fun of you because it's so absurd. People can think her playing and scoring a point was cool without having any kind of thoughts of moral superiority you know. Not everything is some liberal culture war. You're the one coming in here applying that to anyone who doesn't agree with your antagonistic approach to it. I have no reason to lie about liking it or not caring, you can think what you want. Some of yall have dog **** opinions and go around with abusive language like it's justified. I'm treating you accordingly.

If there's nothing else to say about it we can move on.

I’m sorry this is happening to you.

40 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Can we :

1) Enjoy what she actually accomplished for her gender to suit up and play in a game for a P5 team regardless the outcome

while at the same time

2) viewing it all as a publicity stunt

Cannot adults have both thoughts?

Also isn't this the season and month and ESD-eve that we all should be a little more cheerful and tolerant of each other?

Enjoy

I haven't read any posts in this thread, but yours and a few below it so I can guess what is being said in here.  I do agree with your sentiment however.  Those who want to celebrate what sarah fuller did have every right to and those who don't want to have every right to as well.  We can all disagree on this and respect each others views.  This is my view:  We are celebrating mediocrity.  That isn't the point of accomplishing something great.  A horrible kickoff and winning a co-sec special team's award when the other person who won it actually accomplished something doesn't send the right message IMO.  If she had come in and had a great field goal then yes celebrate that accomplishment, but give her an award for participating is so what happens today.  The same with the extra point.  They had a kicker who could have kicked it, but instead they used her to continue their PR stunt.  The vols didn't even attempt to block it and the guys just stood there.  The good news she is officially retiring from football and had to make that announcement as if anyone truly cares.  If guys truly want to see women play football instead some PR stunt there are a few woman football leagues that are pretty dang fun to watch.  I have a few friends who played for the Atlanta team a number of years ago.  

1 hour ago, Beef said:

You’re fake internet point holds way more value than Sarah fullers extra point. This is what we should be talking about 

19 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I haven't read any posts in this thread, but yours and a few below it so I can guess what is being said in here.  I do agree with your sentiment however.  Those who want to celebrate what sarah fuller did have every right to and those who don't want to have every right to as well.  We can all disagree on this and respect each others views.  This is my view:  We are celebrating mediocrity.  That isn't the point of accomplishing something great.  A horrible kickoff and winning a co-sec special team's award when the other person who won it actually accomplished something doesn't send the right message IMO.  If she had come in and had a great field goal then yes celebrate that accomplishment, but give her an award for participating is so what happens today.  The same with the extra point.  They had a kicker who could have kicked it, but instead they used her to continue their PR stunt.  The vols didn't even attempt to block it and the guys just stood there.  The good news she is officially retiring from football and had to make that announcement as if anyone truly cares.  If guys truly want to see women play football instead some PR stunt there are a few woman football leagues that are pretty dang fun to watch.  I have a few friends who played for the Atlanta team a number of years ago.  

Not sure why the other guys couldn't have a sensible post like this instead of screaming about the media and moral superiority and giving themselves points, but thanks for that. I don't disagree with any of this. @BamaBirdLady mentioned how it benefited a charity that helps fund girls athletics and as a father of 2 daughters (and a 8 yo son) who play sports I think that's pretty cool on its own. I know their school doesn't hardly have any funding for athletics in general.

I used to like the lingerie league and not just because it was the lingerie league... they actually got after it lol. I think they closed down not too long ago though.

Edited by Carter
48 minutes ago, Carter said:

Not sure why the other guys couldn't have a sensible post like this instead of screaming about the media and moral superiority and giving themselves points, but thanks for that. I don't disagree with any of this. @BamaBirdLady mentioned how it benefited a charity that helps fund girls athletics and as a father of 2 daughters (and a 8 yo son) who play sports I think that's pretty cool on its own. I know their school doesn't hardly have any funding for athletics in general.

I used to like the lingerie league and not just because it was the lingerie league... they actually got after it lol. I think they closed down not too long ago though.

Here is the link to the charity Play Like a Girl. It encourages girls to not only play sports, but play sports while being enrolled in STEM programs at their school. As you know sports teaches so many life lessons, more than any of us could name, and I encourage you to get your daughters into the STEM programs if they are able at their schools. STEM is the future not only at the university level, but at any trade really!

https://iplaylikeagirl.org/

44 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Don’t forget, after the Missouri game, she chastised the team for not cheering during the loss, too.

And a couple days later Mason is fired, allegedly for disagreeing with the AD about Fuller being on the team.

And a dozen or so players essentially quit, also allegedly because of Fuller, and now they are under the player threshold and are cancelling the game vs UGA.

Real consequences.

People can be ticked off about this and it have zero to do with the politics of gender equity.

I have an amazing wife and 2 incredible daughters. I love, appreciate, and respect women.

This issue has NOTHING to do with that stuff.

We should be able to voice our irritation with the “stunt”, it’s consequences which were harmful and costly, and who’s to blame for it and why without people feigning cognitive dissonance and taking jabs at others here for false reasons (ie. If you criticize this you are miserable, inhumane, and obviously hate empowering women... shame on you for not praising her and for not agreeing with our opinions).

There are a lot of intellectually dishonest A-holes here who play word and context games while acting innocent after they start crap. I don’t envy your job as a moderator.

I guess I just wonder, What is the big deal about it?

Like I said before, she was asked to come help out and she did. It brought attention to the Vandy football that wasn't only about their horrible football team. Her appearance has raised money for a charity to empower young girls in sports while they engage in STEM programs in their schools.

So it was a publicity stunt, who cares?? Every football teams has their ways of getting publicity for their programs, Vandy just doesn't have what a Georgia, Bama, or Florida has to bring attention to them.

Vandy football has been talked about more since she walked out of the tunnel than in the last 10 years. I think having her kick was very successful as far a publicity stunt goes!

9 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I guess I just wonder, What is the big deal about it?

Like I said before, she was asked to come help out and she did. It brought attention to the Vandy football that wasn't only about their horrible football team. Her appearance has raised money for a charity to empower young girls in sports while they engage in STEM programs in their schools.

So it was a publicity stunt, who cares?? Every football teams has their ways of getting publicity for their programs, Vandy just doesn't have what a Georgia, Bama, or Florida has to bring attention to them.

Vandy football has been talked about more since she walked out of the tunnel than in the last 10 years. I think having her kick was very successful as far a publicity stunt goes!

Vandy will lose about $2.5M by not playing this game per their SEC revenue contract.

UGA about $3M.

That, and the fact Mason was fired, players quit, and UGA seniors don’t get a Senior Day game... some think this is a big deal.

I’m happy for the charity. I’ll even send some money to it myself. But this stunt had real consequences that are bad and far outweigh the good. Especially when many of us know the “good” was only done for some people’s (Vandy AD) personal selfish reasons (prop up their virtue points/status in woke culture).

As much as I would love to be proud of Sarah Fuller, not only didn’t she earn it, she did absolutely nothing one can consider extraordinary.

And then to stand up in the locker room after the game and berate all the players who did earn it... now I can’t even give her respect, too.

I wish that wasn’t the case, but all I’m left with now is one more BS thing in 2020 screwing up something I usually enjoy... Saturday’s watching the Dawgs.

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Yeah I missed that comment by bamabirdlady..  That is awesome that it helped out a charity and we can all agree that the more opportunities girls have in athletics is a win.  Yeah the lingerie league was always fun to watch for a number of reasons.  I had a few coworkers who used to be in the roller derby leagues and then they went on to play on a few women football teams and they were tough as nails and they games were pretty fun to watch..  

4 hours ago, Beef said:

Please explain to me how Sarah kicking 2 EPs and kicking off prevents Vandy and GA from playing this Saturday. They had only 49 scholarship playing last Saturday against Tenn and I am sure the only reason they played that game was because it was their in-state rival.

I saw those players after she kicked her first EP, there is no issue with those players and her. That is a story made up by insecure men who just have a problem with a girl kicking in a football game. Like she is going to change the way the world rotates! After her first game, 1 player opted out, Dayo Odeyingbo, in August they had 6 opt out due to covid.

And no one really believes he was fired over playing her, that too is a made up story from the same men! He has had really bad seasons they and he was 0-8!

I think it bad that GA can't play! I was looking forward to the game, but I don't think you blame it on Sarah! It's Covid and lack of players.

I'm sorry that this has gotten so far under your skin, maybe just see it for what it is and let it go.