Javonte Williams and Michael Carter

gtech1

2 hours ago, Fleurieu falcon said:

47 attempts for 544 yards and 5 touchdowns. Nice day for them both.

How come no one has started a post on hiring the North Carolina coaching staff .:tiphat:

Because Mack Brown is almost 70?

I seriously wonder though... if/when Titans OC Arthur Smith (who happens to be a former Tar Heel himself) gets a HC gig, will he grab one of these guys to be his lead back?

9 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Exactly....that's why I pop through here to catch some knowledge 

But I got some newbie telling me to goggle it....**** fool

Been around these boards for almost 20 years.  You've got no shortage of time to post here, but can't look up two player names?  So safe to say you don't form your own opinions since you don't have to research.  

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/javonte-williams

Pros: Javonte Williams aligns at RB in the Tar Heel offense. He's a very good athlete and demonstrates good suddenness to go the distance when he's out in space. He demonstrates the ability to make one cut and get upfield, showing instinctive feel, vision and good footwork as a runner. Strong runner who runs with excellent lower body strength. He is explosive when he gets to the second level and negates a defenders angle with speed. Initial defenders have a tough time bringing him down as he runs with passion and is proficient at breaking tackles. As a catcher out of the backfield he demonstrates soft hands in the passing game. He is elusive in space after catching a check down and immediately gets positive yardage on screens. On 3rd downs he can remain on the field, demonstrating good willingness to step up in pass pro and the ability to run routes, as well. He also projects with good special teams ability, as well.

Cons: Initial defenders rarely bring him down and he breaks a lot of tackles, however he doesn’t routinely defeat defenders with wiggle and shiftiness. He's not a killer in pass pro either, but has a willingness to stick his face in the fan as necessary to stuff up a gap. He could afford to be more effective in this regard to ensure he can be a 3-down player at the next level. Although he has protected the ball well thus far in 2020, ball security was an issue in 2019 and the past; which is something to keep an eye on.

Carter is quicker, faster, and more patient this season. He also features more of a burst and explosiveness compared to his previous three seasons at Carolina. NFL Scouts have taken notice.

Jim Nagy, the Executive Director of the Reese's Senior Bowl, an ESPN NFL draft analyst, and an 18-year NFL Scout said that "the one player the league isn’t sleeping on is Michael Carter. (He) entered this fall with mostly late Day 3 grades and has likely played his way into Day 2 range."

Dane Brugler, an NFL Draft Analyst for The Athletic, also chimed in. "Carter has definitely been a riser this season," Brugler tweeted. "(He's a) slippery runner with terrific vision, patience, and toughness. Scouts also love his ability to stand up blitzers in pass pro. He'll be a top-5 senior RB prospect."

According to Pro Football Focus, Carter has an overall run grade of 84.8 and after six and games he has 21 rushes of 10 yards or more and has averaged 4.27 yards after contact.

21 minutes ago, poutlipper said:

Been around these boards for almost 20 years.  You've got no shortage of time to post here, but can't look up two player names?  So safe to say you don't form your own opinions since you don't have to research.  

I never said I didn't have time to google... I said I didn't have time to research.. I now see where the confusion came from...I should have said I dont have time to scout..

As far as forming my own opinion on players... no I dont...because I haven't watched college football in 2 years...And I dont know enough to get in those conversations...I just read the articles that folks like you post...that's the closest I get..

Thanks for the article by the way...sorry for the insult

1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I never said I didn't have time to google... I said I didn't have time to research.. I now see where the confusion came from...I should have said I dont have time to scout..

As far as forming my own opinion on players... no I dont...because I haven't watched college football in 2 years...And I dont know enough to get in those conversations...I just read the articles that folks like you post...that's the closest I get..

Thanks for the article by the way...sorry for the insult

All good my man.  Sorry for getting defensive.  If you get the chance to watch their highlights from yesterday, they're a **** of a tandem at UNC.  Both should be day 2 picks.

They're a legit thunder and lightning combo. Both will be day 2 picks at minimum. Williams possibly late 1st, early 2nd. Better value might be getting Carter in the 3rd. He's got the upside to be a 3 down back, but he may be a bit undersized. Williams is the mauler. I'm intrigued to see what he runs in the 40. He isn't super shifty, but being a bruiser of his size will definitely turn into success for him.