Quick Thought on Josh McDaniels

direwolf

After last night's game, I have to think that his star is falling rapidly. Caught a few pieces this morning talking about how he's completely failed to change his offense to account for it being Scam instead of Brady under center and their showing last night was pitiful despite going against a great defense.

Not sure if anyone here was a fan of his for our HC opening, but if he's so inflexible as to expect Cam Newton to operate the same way as Tom Brady, he's no better than Koetter and we've seen where that goes.

37 minutes ago, emc008 said:

Your long run on sentence OP, is not a quick thought on Josh McDaniels... Let me help you out my friend. A quick thought on Josh McDaniels; No.

In point of fact, the quick thought was the first sentence (which was pretty short). The second was evidence to support the quick thought. Apologies for any confusion I may have caused that led you to feel compelled to comment on something like that.

Even if McDaniels had Cam & co playing lights out up there, I don't think there's any way in the world Blank would even consider him for a second. After that crap Josh pulled in Indy... giving your word that you're all in with a team but then bailing on them at the last second like a rat... I'd think that'd bring up some bad Petrino memories for Arthur. No way he'd hire a dude like that again.

Man in all respect to McDaniels. Have you seen Cam throwing mechanics. Boy stop look like he playing handball. His throwing is all out of wack. Pocket presence shot. 

Plus the Patriots only did it to prove something and they failed miserably.

Now I can see McDaniels offense working with our team.

Even if he wanted to keep Ryan or  bring in a young qb 

We already practice RBBC. Bunch of no name receivers outside of top two. Multiple tight ends.

Offense **** near match perfect to our personnel and it's proven.

How many championships have been won? How many been QBs got big deals? How many miraculous comeback victories in big games?

While it is easy to pile on Mcdaniels, I am not even sure if Bill Walsh could put together a decent offense with that talent. Cam has always been his best in a run and shoot type offense. The issue is that they don’t really have much of a running game and they have no downfield threats. Asking Cam to dink and dunk you down the field will never work. He is not accurate enough for that type of offense.

I am not sure you can judge anyone off trying to field a competent offense with those guys. 

35 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

While it is easy to pile on Mcdaniels, I am not even sure if Bill Walsh could put together a decent offense with that talent. Cam has always been his best in a run and shoot type offense. The issue is that they don’t really have much of a running game and they have no downfield threats. Asking Cam to dink and dunk you down the field will never work. He is not accurate enough for that type of offense.

I am not sure you can judge anyone off trying to field a competent offense with those guys. 

He isn't using his personnel in NE to the best of their potential either, especially Cam (who he's trying to make a pocket QB). 

13 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

He isn't using his personnel in NE to the best of their potential either, especially Cam (who he's trying to make a pocket QB). 

I am with you but it feels like they punted on this season. Their strength is the defense which had a lot of players opt out. They could try to install a completely new offense that is built around Cam or just try to fit Cam into their existing offense knowing he isn’t their future. It feels like they are hitting the reset button.

On 12/11/2020 at 9:59 AM, direwolf said:

In point of fact, the quick thought was the first sentence (which was pretty short). The second was evidence to support the quick thought. Apologies for any confusion I may have caused that led you to feel compelled to comment on something like that.

Good to see you again Dire!