NFL Rumors for Atlanta GM & HC

Sidecar Falcon

are we a place these coaches and GMs are going to want to come to compared with other teams that are looking?  

would solid improvement in coaching/GM make us an upper tier team given our current roster, cap space ...?  I know that's a loaded question and really no way to know, but just wanted to see what you all thought.  are we close to being a much better team than our record or are we banished to mediocrity for a few years?

I may be wrong and that's OK.  But I sincerely think ATL will get first swing at the top candidates including EB.  

I believe this because we have the best shorter term prospects of the probably 5 teams that will be trading staff after the season.  Even though HTX has a head start nobody with any sense would take that job first.  We have good players, good facility, good city, large fan base and there's an improvement horizon. 

8 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

I may be wrong and that's OK.  But I sincerely think ATL will get first swing at the top candidates including EB.  

I believe this because we have the best shorter term prospects of the probably 5 teams that will be trading staff after the season.  Even though HTX has a head start nobody with any sense would take that job first.  We have good players, good facility, good city, large fan base and there's an improvement horizon. 

💯

There’s going to be a lot of competition out there. Three teams already fired HC’s. I would hope the GM is in place before the end of the season. 

Houston

Atlanta

Detroit 

Pretty much a guarantee that HC gets fired. 

NY Jets 

Jacksonville

San Diego

Really good chance HC gets fired

Chicago 

Philadelphia

Denver

One that wouldn’t surprise me 

Dallas

8 hours ago, Spts1 said:

I could really care either way, but the Bills offensive numbers are almost EXACTLY like the Falcons. I mean, across the board, almost EXACTLY the Falcon numbers.

From a yardage standpoint Buffalo offense is similar to Atlanta....but in every other way Buffalo is a much better offense, and they’ve done it with far less talent

Passing DVOA: Bills 4th; Falcons 20th

Run DVOA: Bills 23rd; Falcons 31st

RZ Scores: Bills 9th; Falcons 24th

7 hours ago, Lowndesfalc said:

There’s going to be a lot of competition out there. Three teams already fired HC’s. I would hope the GM is in place before the end of the season. 

Houston

Atlanta

Detroit 

Pretty much a guarantee that HC gets fired. 

NY Jets 

Jacksonville

San Diego

Really good chance HC gets fired

Chicago 

Philadelphia

Denver

One that wouldn’t surprise me 

Dallas

Got to agree.  GM needs to be hired in the next @ month.

10 hours ago, CMarinoNFL said:

My thoughts. Hes a roster builder, not a program/culture builder. IMO, thats the opposite of what we should be chasing

Kind of in the same mold as Pioli then. Blank didn’t refrain from bringing him in the building so this isn’t surprising. That said way too early to know what will actually go down. Need talent to win though.

10 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

From a yardage standpoint Buffalo offense is similar to Atlanta....but in every other way Buffalo is a much better offense, and they’ve done it with far less talent

Passing DVOA: Bills 4th; Falcons 20th

Run DVOA: Bills 23rd; Falcons 31st

RZ Scores: Bills 9th; Falcons 24th

They are number 1 in 3rd and 4th down conversion rate too.

41 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

The chances of the Falcons FO getting it right with McKay still in charge of operations is about 3%. 

For the dullards out there, that means if you lined up 100 GMs and 100 coaches, there would only be 3 from each lineup that would be worthy, and the Falcons would have to pick one of those three from each group.

Does anyone have confidence in that?  54 years worth of futility are in those stats. 

There is probably some truth in what you are saying, but I prefer to hope for better results.