Jump to content

Saints Fontenot to interview for GM


xSICKxWITHxITx
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I hope we hire him. Instead of pronouncing it Font-ah-know, I’ll pronounce it Font-ah-knot. That way when he makes a pick I hate, I can post this. 

giphy.gif

It’s a long way to go for a not-very-funny joke, but I’m committed. 

Hahaha it's a stretch, but I'll definitely give you credit for originality. 😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Yeah I heard.

Man I’m just ready for a good GM and an even better creative offensive minded coach. Only we are do vanilla on offense is why we suck the most I believe. I also want to add a good rookie RB. 
 

I tryst your option. Who’s your top GMs and coaches? I know you like Riddick, I do too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would be an absolute great hire.  He has everything you could want in a GM, and it would pull from a strength from New Orleans.  I couldn't care less about the Saints getting 2 additional third round picks if the end result is a perennial contender and loaded roster.

This name was not on my radar at all, but I am very pleasantly surprised by this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I hope we hire him. Instead of pronouncing it Font-ah-know, I’ll pronounce it Font-ah-knot. That way when he makes a pick I hate, I can post this. 

giphy.gif

It’s a long way to go for a not-very-funny joke, but I’m committed. 

Definitely needs work,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ZoneOne01 said:

If he got the job and was able to poach Jeff Ireland I’d be thrilled. The Saints drafting turned around completely when he joined that organization. 

Not happening, only way Ireland walks out our door is for a GM job and even if a team is offering him a GM job, we can always reshuffle our FO hierarchy by bumping up Loomis to another title and put Ireland as our GM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Man I’m just ready for a good GM and an even better creative offensive minded coach. Only we are do vanilla on offense is why we suck the most I believe. I also want to add a good rookie RB. 
 

I tryst your option. Who’s your top GMs and coaches? I know you like Riddick, I do too.

Dorsey would be fun to watch mainly, but isnt my favorite. Riddick of course. Fontenot would not be bad at all. He understands RB, DL, and.............SAFETY.....extremely well from what I understand about him. Most of the ones I'm hearing about are really good. Riddick would be my favorite. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

No matter who is hired, the new GM will be dealing salary cap heck as next years cap looks to be $30 million less than this year. Eeesh! 

The NFL has come out and said that the salary cap most likely won't be down but probably sit around $195 million.

It never made sense for them to push breaking up teams despite the fact the league is still making money this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Cool....didn't know that...

That changes things a lot

Let's hope so.

It really never made sense for the league to force teams to cut popular players because they weren't sure what the bottom line was going to be. Despite what we might think about a player, the big name big paycheck players are very valuable to a team's bottom line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jesus said:

The NFL has come out and said that the salary cap most likely won't be down but probably sit around $195 million.

It never made sense for them to push breaking up teams despite the fact the league is still making money this year.

That’s not what I’ve read but I hope your intel is better than mine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...