Mel Kiper Jr. & Todd McShay's first 2021 NFL Mock Draft [Top 10 Picks]

fuego

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I mean, both Pitts and Koramoah are studs, but we have no need at LB.  TE we may have a need but 6th overall is too much.  You could trade down and grab Freiermuth (baby Gronk) in the bottom of round 1

If we pick at 6th it needs to be a quarterback or trade out of the pick

A QB? When did you roll over to the dark side of the moon on that narrative,  2012?

We need defense, not more offense.

Oye. Pitts and a LB? Those are probably the two positions we DONT need. If we dont go QB, id consider EDGE though this class has tons of question marks at the position or I'd trade down with.. say San Fran at pick 14 and go Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU. A game changing, fluid, rangy and explosive safety would transform our defense and Moehrig is soooo good. 

11 minutes ago, CMarinoNFL said:

Oye. Pitts and a LB? Those are probably the two positions we DONT need. If we dont go QB, id consider EDGE though this class has tons of question marks at the position or I'd trade down with.. say San Fran at pick 14 and go Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU. A game changing, fluid, rangy and explosive safety would transform our defense and Moehrig is soooo good. 

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I mean, both Pitts and Koramoah are studs, but we have no need at LB.  TE we may have a need but 6th overall is too much.  You could trade down and grab Freiermuth (baby Gronk) in the bottom of round 1

If we pick at 6th it needs to be a quarterback or trade out of the pick

Well we don't know that we don't need a lb right now. What if new DC wants to switch to a 3-4 (which is why these mocks are ridiculous in the first place)? Wu would wreak havoc in coverage or blitzing. Hes ran with some big name WRs this season and was stride for stride for stride. He's a better version of what Simmons is supposed to be in the right system. 

I don't think you draft him at 6 and I also don't think you take any QB beskdes Lawrence or Fields in the top 10. This is the perfect spot for 2 things, one a good trade back to aquire future picks. Or 2, a trade up depending on how it all plays out at the end of the season. I think trading back is key in this draft, simply for future picks. 

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

A QB? When did you roll over to the dark side of the moon on that narrative,  2012?

We can barely score a Touchdown anymore our kicker has more points last 3 weeks than the offense it’s time to move on the defense has actually been playing well we just need pass rush 

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

I understand what you're saying, but sooner or later, the change will come. We can dance around it all we like. I wouldn't be upset with a QB of we're picking there, because Ryan's Time will come to an end here. When it does, I prefer one of those big names guys. In most minds around here, Ryan can play about 5-10 more years. 

The whole reason we got Hayden hurst was because we only need a decent tight end with our other weapons. Spending a 6th pick on tight end is a luxury pick we can’t afford. Safety, edge, Qb or trade down. Heck I would take rb before tight end here.  Pitts may redefine the position and be everything they think he is but it isn’t the right pick for us

9 hours ago, CMarinoNFL said:

I love Moehrig, but not until bottom of 1st round.

31 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

To those that say we don’t need a LB...

You’re blind.

If you can get Micah Parsons you lace up your PF Flyers and run swiftly to the podium.

I love Parsons and would have agreed with you two months ago.  But he isn’t taking Debo or Foye spot next year.  And Walker seems more than capable LB3

8 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

We can barely score a Touchdown anymore our kicker has more points last 3 weeks than the offense it’s time to move on the defense has actually been playing well we just need pass rush

We need that plus more on D. A lot more. 

Defense is just as important as QB in winning championships.

11 hours ago, Vandy said:

Same stance I had last year with Burrow.  If you can get a franchise QB without having to trade a bunch to move up, you have to consider it.  This assumes they love one of the qb’s, though.

My preference is still to trade down and stack top 100 picks and target JT Daniels next year maybe.  But if they stay at 6th, I’d target a QB   Has nothing to do with Ryan and everything to do with opportunity cost

Our biggest needs are EDGE, Safety & RB.  I don’t like any of the prospects at those positions at 6th.  Maybe Surtain since CB is a need, but I am hesitant about BAMA players in the secondary (minkah and Jackson being the exception rather than the norm)

14 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Kiper and McShay are both terrible.

Still don't understand how they continuously have jobs as draft analysts.

I agree that both are horrible and probably Kiper more horrible.

You have to give KIPER this though - he was basically the first - or him and Buschbaum(God Rest his soul) and Kiper not only capitalized on it w/ his draft guides - but getting himself on ESPN.   Not bad for a guy living in mom's basement - I do admire that part of what he has done.

But yeah, the only thing Kiper has really established is that he is a fast talker - he's not that good at player evaluation.