Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Self imposed bowl ban for this year. Probably afraid of getting beat by UAB or UL-Lafayette in the Shreveport  Bowl. 
 

There are reports that the turmoil off field stemmed from Coach O response during a team meeting about player led BLM protest. Steve Robertson, MSU beat writer for 24/7, say on his podcast (Boneyard) that some of his connections in BR wants Coach O gone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Self imposed ban on a season where you very likely may go 3-7. M'kay. 

LSU (like the Saints), was involved in a sexual assault cover up only this one involved football players and not just doing PR to cover it up. Are the same people heavily involved in both LSU and the Saints or is this just a coincidence? (Rhetorical, but still). 

I honestly think making them keep Coach O would be punishment. The dude is not a good HC and he caught lightning in a bottle last year. I loved how several of their fans talked about no drop off which even with a competent HC made no sense. Factor in losing the best coach on the team (Brady) and almost all of their players, and they were going to be BAD. 

I hope they have to keep Coach O because he is a terrible HC for real. Last year was so much like 2010 Auburn it hurt. And everyone saw it, but them. Coach O is just another Chizik

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Atlanta_Dawgs46 said:

Self imposed bowl ban for this year. Probably afraid of getting beat by UAB or UL-Lafayette in the Shreveport  Bowl. 
 

There are reports that the turmoil off field stemmed from Coach O response during a team meeting about player led BLM protest. Steve Robertson, MSU beat writer for 24/7, say on his podcast (Boneyard) that some of his connections in BR wants Coach O gone.

the issues with LSU were happening shortly after the season.. first off LSU knew they were going to get hit for buying players and were caught.  they have been struggling on how to react to this for much of this year.  losing their coordinators and some of the best players was a huge blow.. their replacements are a very entitled bunch as well..  they don't have any true senior leadership  and that can be seen.  then you had coach O go through his divorce and honestly it is a bad look some of the pictures that got out regarding who he was with..  i think a head coach needs to be more aware of that stuff than Coach O was.  Coach O was also very arrogant and a tool when he took a shot at aranda on his way out.  there was no need for that, but it showed how angry coach O was with all of his coordinators leaving at the same time.  then with new qb and new dc they had zero time to work on stuff until after the covid lockdown ended and they were able to get back together..  then you had agents in some guys ears telling them to skip the season to prepare for the NFL (honestly I think LSU has a big issue with agents too involved with players).  Due to having zero senior leadership you had some internal stuff that had more to do with some guys working their tails off and others taking it easy.  Also I think a number of guys knew they were going to struggle this year and decided to opt out so it didn't hurt their draft stock.  Now with the bowl game ban (which is a joke they were not making a bowl game) it's clear they are prepared for a bigger hit than many feel.  Coach O and his AD just don't talk anymore.. Coach O doesn't care to keep that relationship going and that is a mistake IMO..  We have already talked ad naseum about LSU's culture of protecting alleged rapists and other violent offenders..  LSU is looking down the barrell of a huge Title IX issues that will not go away.  I really think Coach O is fired after next year if they don't turn things around.  However they might see a way to use the Title IX issues and make Coach O the fall guy and in doing so say he voided his contract so no buyout..  I remember a few cajun dawg fans on ugasports talked about coach o being in trouble before the season started and they were referring to the title ix stuff as well as the ncaa bringing down the hammer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tigerbaitlawyer

Posted on 4 hrs, V I P, User Since 36 months ago, User Post Count: 69

4 hrsVIP

36 months

69

The next few weeks will be very difficult for an LSU fan. The Title IX investigation will determine the fate and future of LSU football. Woodward is positioning himself to be the LSU System president and wants to be viewed as the guy who cleaned up the athletic department. He will be making hard decisions in the next few weeks.

I never would have thought O would be on the hot seat ever! However, I believe O may not survive if a few more things fall into place.

 

(this guy above is dead on with his comments.. if he says it then it is going to happen or not). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

Tigerbaitlawyer

Posted on 4 hrs, V I P, User Since 36 months ago, User Post Count: 69

4 hrsVIP

36 months

69

The next few weeks will be very difficult for an LSU fan. The Title IX investigation will determine the fate and future of LSU football. Woodward is positioning himself to be the LSU System president and wants to be viewed as the guy who cleaned up the athletic department. He will be making hard decisions in the next few weeks.

I never would have thought O would be on the hot seat ever! However, I believe O may not survive if a few more things fall into place.

 

(this guy above is dead on with his comments.. if he says it then it is going to happen or not). 

Lovely. LSU is going to get to fire their HC who sucks. Not saying he shouldn't be fired, because if some of this stuff is true he absolutely should be fired. But it would benefit LSU in a lot of ways. 

Coach O is not a good HC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Tigerbaitlawyer

Posted on 4 hrs, V I P, User Since 36 months ago, User Post Count: 69

4 hrsVIP

36 months

69

The next few weeks will be very difficult for an LSU fan. The Title IX investigation will determine the fate and future of LSU football. Woodward is positioning himself to be the LSU System president and wants to be viewed as the guy who cleaned up the athletic department. He will be making hard decisions in the next few weeks.

I never would have thought O would be on the hot seat ever! However, I believe O may not survive if a few more things fall into place.

 

(this guy above is dead on with his comments.. if he says it then it is going to happen or not). 

That guy is legit.  He posted a week before about the bowl ban.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Tigerbaitlawyer

Posted on 4 hrs, V I P, User Since 36 months ago, User Post Count: 69

4 hrsVIP

36 months

69

The next few weeks will be very difficult for an LSU fan. The Title IX investigation will determine the fate and future of LSU football. Woodward is positioning himself to be the LSU System president and wants to be viewed as the guy who cleaned up the athletic department. He will be making hard decisions in the next few weeks.

I never would have thought O would be on the hot seat ever! However, I believe O may not survive if a few more things fall into place.

 

(this guy above is dead on with his comments.. if he says it then it is going to happen or not). 

Honestly, couldn't happen to a better program! I hope they get slapped from here to Monday and back again! LSU has been and always will a dirty program.

But, that being said, I sure hope they keep Coach O around for a few more year!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Lovely. LSU is going to get to fire their HC who sucks. Not saying he shouldn't be fired, because if some of this stuff is true he absolutely should be fired. But it would benefit LSU in a lot of ways. 

Coach O is not a good HC. 

well the rumor right now is AD woodward wants to be the President of the University and he wants to show what he can do by cleaning up LSU's athletic department which means coach wade will be gone and coach o will be the sacrificial lamb even though most if not all of the Title IX has nothing to do with him.  Woodward and some other influential boosters have been talking with Napier behind the scenes.  The response will be in February for the Title IX, but they will get some preliminary stuff before that so it would allow Woodward to do a we just need to reboot our Athletic Department.  I agree on Wade he is one sleazy individual.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

That guy is legit.  He posted a week before about the bowl ban.

Yep.. he is the one guy i always read and even follow on boards we are on for anything LSU.  he is very close to those within the Athletic Department.  There are few others as well one is Gruss and Tubs who are both pretty connected, but they can't touch TBL when it comes to real information. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Honestly, couldn't happen to a better program! I hope they get slapped from here to Monday and back again! LSU has been and always will a dirty program.

But, that being said, I sure hope they keep Coach O around for a few more year!

Yeah the sooner they move on from Coach O is not good for everyone else.. He hit lightening in a bottle in 1 season and it was a magical one for them.. one of the best teams alltime, but he can't be consistent with the program and that is why I like him at LSU.  LSU has sooo many builtin advantages that the right guy at the helm can take them from struggling to competing for titles right away..  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Yeah the sooner they move on from Coach O is not good for everyone else.. He hit lightening in a bottle in 1 season and it was a magical one for them.. one of the best teams alltime, but he can't be consistent with the program and that is why I like him at LSU.  LSU has sooo many builtin advantages that the right guy at the helm can take them from struggling to competing for titles right away..  

Look what Saban did there and luckily left and we have him. But I don't think it would take even a Saban type guy. They have so much talent in HS in LA, they could really build a strong program there, but their administration is dirty too. They need to top to bottom cleaning over there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...