Blank wants Dorsey and EB for GM and HC

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a crapshoot anyway. In 10 years 95% of the people we are talking about won't have done a dadgum thing of significant note in the NFL. Go back and look at all the HC names we were talking about wh

Ryan doesnt fit what Kansas City has done. This would be a new qb too...

Lmfao I wasn’t arguing with you. Just asking for you to explain. You seem awfully angry about the fact that you got called out on your ignorance. As an NFL OC; he spent three in Washington, two season

47 minutes ago, atljbo said:

nick foles shines in andy reid system... thats literally like the only system he shines in

Let’s hope Bieniemy can effectively identify and draft the personnel to fit Andy Reid’s system.  Just as important, let’s hope he is capable of coaching up the players in the system and putting together great gameplans.  I hope he has a good OC to call the plays for him on gameday.  

The last time EB had full control over an offense it was a complete train wreck for two straight years.  He literally ran the worst college football offense for two straight years.  Dead last two years running.  Great offensive minds never lead an offense that is worse than Indiana State in college football.

Arthur Smith would be a much less risky option IMO

3 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

So we're gonna hire the coordinator from the last Super Bowl again? Just like DQ? And we're going to let a home grown coach walk? Again? Just like LaFleur? Yeesh. Getting some déjà vu.

Which “homegrown” talent are you speaking of on this current staff?

LaFleur wasn’t “homegrown”. He spent two seasons with us as a QB coach, and prior to that he spent three seasons as a QB coach for Washington. He’s a Shanahan disciple. 

Not sure that I care for either. Not surprised Blank is going after someone from the most recent most popular team on the block, the Chiefs. “Get more explosive,” like the Packers after they buried us in the 2011 Divisional around. Traded up for Julio. Poached Dann Quinn to, “bring that Seahawks defense.”

Other than drafting Vick, does Blank set his own trends when it comes to football (he sets trends in his other industries) or does he just follow the latest hottest kid on the block? 

Not just one, but two, from the Chiefs? That has me skeptical as heck. I’m always already skeptical with just one person coming from a successful organization. How much of the Chiefs success is Andy Reid? How much Mahomes? How much Bieniemy? How much Borgonzi? Former GM Dorsey? Current GM? I’m just always skeptical when trying to pick the right apples from the wrong apples from a successful organization.

Also, not sure how I feel about this either. I know this was years ago, people change, but it still makes you wonder. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-1993-09-27-9309270294-story,amp.html

19 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I like Bieniemy, but man, Dorsey gives me a lot of pause.

I like him if he brings Mahomes with Him.....but since that is not happening .it is a hard pass for me.

It would be funny though....because people complain about DK and 7 step drops........KC runs alot.....and I mean alot of 7 step drops... the last game I saw them it looked like Mahomes was taking some 9 step drops...he set up so far behind the pocket.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

No that is not correct.

With out looking at it I can think of 3 off of the top of my head ..Children's, Nagy, and Pederson.....and I know there are more 

Okay, looked again and it was from 2017, Nagy wasnt on there but I think that was the only one. Harbough was STs if memory serves.

4 minutes ago, CTann said:

Not sure that I care for either. Not surprised Blank is going after someone from the most recent most popular team on the block, the Chiefs. “Get more explosive,” like the Packers after they buried us in the 2011 Divisional around. Traded up for Julio. Poached Dann Quinn to, “bring that Seahawks defense.”

Other than drafting Vick, does Blank set his own trends when it comes to football (he sets trends in his other industries) or does he just follow the latest hottest kid on the block? 

Not just one, but two, from the Chiefs? That has me skeptical as heck. I’m always already skeptical with just one person coming from a successful organization. How much of the Chiefs success is Andy Reid? How much Mahomes? How much Bieniemy? How much Borgonzi? Former GM Dorsey? Current GM? I’m just always skeptical when trying to pick the right apples from the wrong apples from a successful organization.

Also, not sure how I feel about this either. I know this was years ago, people change, but it still makes you wonder. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-1993-09-27-9309270294-story,amp.html

Blank didn't draft Vick.  Vick was on the team when he purchased the Falcons...

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I like him if he brings Mahomes with Him.....but since that is not happening .it is a hard pass for me.

It would be funny though....because people complain about DK and 7 step drops........KC runs alot.....and I mean alot of 7 step drops... the last game I saw them it looked like Mahomes was taking some 9 step drops...he set up so far behind the pocket.

I don't think he needs Mahomes honestly.  But Dorsey, man?  The knock on the guy is he lacks people skills and screws the cap up.

Our cap is already screwed up.  We already have people problems too.  He's made some nice draft picks but there's nothing about him that says "I know how to get an organization off the ground and humming."