FML... Aints about to clinch the division this week... Have owned NFC south since our Superbowl collapse

Gee-Q

2 minutes ago, Glorioso said:

Thats not happening this year. 

Defense is much better than previous years. You'll see. 

Umhm ....sure.

Keep telling yourself that.

Maybe it will be.....maybe it won't but I am sure that after the Minnesota miracle that there is no way that you could lose like that again......

And then after losing in the nfc championship because sean Peyton is the most over rated play caller in then NFL...there was no way that you would lose like that again.

And now after allowing Kurt Cousins to look like prime  Curt Warner.....there is no way that happens again????

Are you guys going to bench Lattimore for the playoffs?? Because if you don't you are going to get exploited.

The saints defense had a good day vs us...but he did not ...and the rest of the nfl will see that.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

The consolation is that they have absolutely **** the bed the playoffs.

Even if that was the case who's situation would you rather be in?

Ill gladly keep taking these L's as long as it means we are competing. Those 7-9 years were trash because it kept us just low enough from getting top tier talent.

Regardless, not here to troll but i would like to see yall turn it around. Not win anything...but bring back this rivalry lol

6 minutes ago, Sauce Castieaux said:

Even if that was the case who's situation would you rather be in?

Ill gladly keep taking these L's as long as it means we are competing. Those 7-9 years were trash because it kept us just low enough from getting top tier talent.

Regardless, not here to troll but i would like to see yall turn it around. Not win anything...but bring back this rivalry lol

There is certainly that.

You can't win the super bowl if you do not make the playoffs.

But seeing you guys crash and burn in multiple spectacular fashion is always heart warming.......but that just could be the alcohol needed to watch you guys in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

There is certainly that.

You can't win the super bowl if you do not make the playoffs.

But seeing you guys crash and burn in multiple spectacular fashion is always heart warming.......but that just could be the alcohol needed to watch you guys in the playoffs.

I aint mad. We have 28-3

I guess the football gods needed to even it up with 15 seconds and the no call and the vikings again...man its yall turn to lose in heartbreaking fashion

They definitely proved to be the best in the division this year. I hate it but I can only hope for another Minneapolis miracle to brighten the season. Usually refs don't make a lot of calls in the playoffs, but let's hope the Saints get the stickler crew that's willing to call defensive holding/pass interference every play.

11 hours ago, thanat0s said:

We shouldn’t overlook the fact that those same saints had three 7-9 seasons in a row and 4/5 years prior to our recent downturn.

So, before everybody marvels at their genius, remember they have been no more immune to problems getting wins than we have. 

Yup.

And their defense has only really been good this year and even with that they were terrible early in the year. They have turned it around the last 8 or 9 games for sure.

The last couple of years they have had the same defensive struggles as we have had 

17 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Umhm ....sure.

Keep telling yourself that.

Maybe it will be.....maybe it won't but I am sure that after the Minnesota miracle that there is no way that you could lose like that again......

And then after losing in the nfc championship because sean Peyton is the most over rated play caller in then NFL...there was no way that you would lose like that again.

And now after allowing Kurt Cousins to look like prime  Curt Warner.....there is no way that happens again????

Are you guys going to bench Lattimore for the playoffs?? Because if you don't you are going to get exploited.

The saints defense had a good day vs us...but he did not ...and the rest of the nfl will see that.

if you look at their current win streak who the **** have the beaten thats good except the bucs.

29 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

if you look at their current win streak who the **** have the beaten thats good except the bucs.

There is that.

But you play who you play..

I think that they are going to have some issues when the playoffs start... especially if they do not get the 1 seed and have to travel.

I will say that they are the beneficiaries of some late in the game FG miscues, but thats what good teams do.  They win those games.

Some might point out the defense woes in the early games, but they faced a totally revamped TB offense with no game film on, a Raider team opening a new stadium on MNF in a new city, and GB, who may be the best offense in the NFC.  The run their defense is on right now cant be downplayed.  Besides the first quarter of the SF game, they have basically given up a bunch of FGs.  Thats it.  Atlantas TD in the late 4th quarter proved insignificant because their D rose again and again and made the plays to win even after that.  We see the Gurley backward run as poor playcalling, they see it as their defense rising to the occasion and making the play when they needed.  The casual fan would likely agree with their interpretation.  Dennis Allen has changed that crew around, this isnt a Ryan defense, this defense comes in waves and they will punch you in the mouth.  That Saints defense is really good and looking at their upcoming schedule, could prove out to be one of the best all time.

But the playoffs are the gift that keeps giving and something will happen.  We all know its coming.  Saints are gonna AINT

10 hours ago, RetroRoq said:

I will say that they are the beneficiaries of some late in the game FG miscues, but thats what good teams do.  They win those games.

Some might point out the defense woes in the early games, but they faced a totally revamped TB offense with no game film on, a Raider team opening a new stadium on MNF in a new city, and GB, who may be the best offense in the NFC.  The run their defense is on right now cant be downplayed.  Besides the first quarter of the SF game, they have basically given up a bunch of FGs.  Thats it.  Atlantas TD in the late 4th quarter proved insignificant because their D rose again and again and made the plays to win even after that.  We see the Gurley backward run as poor playcalling, they see it as their defense rising to the occasion and making the play when they needed.  The casual fan would likely agree with their interpretation.  Dennis Allen has changed that crew around, this isnt a Ryan defense, this defense comes in waves and they will punch you in the mouth.  That Saints defense is really good and looking at their upcoming schedule, could prove out to be one of the best all time.

But the playoffs are the gift that keeps giving and something will happen.  We all know its coming.  Saints are gonna AINT

The run is impressive, but it's been very bottom barrel competition outside of TB who has been completely hot and cold this season. Now they get a rookie QB and struggling offense. KC the following week will be a real view and playoff preview.