According to CBS Sports Selecting #8 in 2021 NFL The Atlanta Falcons select ....Zach Wilson Quarterback BYU

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

QB is simply the most important position in all of sports so if your picking in the top 10 and there’s one there, you take him. Team needs are irrelevant. If you have a franchise QB you got a chance t

LMAO at needs based drafting. Dimi tried that and picked the likes of Sackmaker, Jelly, Puddin, Bustley, King Konz and Talk.

Thank you baby Jesus this won’t happen 

Posted Images

11 hours ago, stizz said:

Ryan made one mistake in the entire 2016 playoffs by taking a sack in the SB....and we lost.

Think about that. How many games have we seen Ryan be essentially perfect and we still lose. 

Ryan doesn't have much ability to extend a play if it breaks down and cannot throw the deep ball in stride. I just don't see a new coach coming in hitching his wagon to Ryan instead of drafting a QB in one of the most stacked QB classes in recent history.

Fair enough but in the same breath you’ll hitch it to an unproven rookie.

Ill say this with Ryan if you are to go with him until there’s no tread left on the tyres do yourself a favour and put him with an OC in the right system.

If not trade and move on.

On 12/9/2020 at 8:25 AM, MAD597 said:

Doesn't matter, still way to soon and with our defense we need as many picks on D as possible, it would be stupid to waste a top 10 pick on a QB who is just going to sit for 2-3 years

Are we one #8 pick defensive player away from the play-offs though? Considering the 99% probability of a complete coaching turnover and 100% chance of new GM and front office my guess is sadly, probably not. Lot of transition happening, and that's going to cause some upheaval.

Draft a franchise QB now and let him sit for the two years needed for the new coaches and coordinators to get their programs and schemes in place. Ryan will be leaving in two years which is exactly when we'd want our new QB to be able to step in completely prepared to take over. You can always grab a good defender in the top of the second round.

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Are we one #8 pick defensive player away from the play-offs though? Considering the 99% probability of a complete coaching turnover and 100% chance of new GM and front office my guess is sadly, probably not. Lot of transition happening, and that's going to cause some upheaval.

Draft a franchise QB now and let him sit for the two years needed for the new coaches and coordinators to get their programs and schemes in place. Ryan will be leaving in two years which is exactly when we'd want our new QB to be able to step in completely prepared to take over. You can always grab a good defender in the top of the second round.

I’m PokerSteve and I approve this message 

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Agreed but not 2 years. You take a QB in the top ten he sits one year max. 
And yes, a franchise QB trumps all other positions. You may not be picking this high and have the opportunity so when it happens you take the most important position in not just football but in all of sports. 
Never pass on a QB when you can dump your vet, old QB in one year with no financial repercussions. 
Reload. Cause you may never get the chance. 

and then there is this. I mean if he is this good he might want to stay another year and go for the top pick over all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/byu-qb-zach-wilson-says-he-has-made-no-decision-about-declaring-for-the-nfl-draft/ar-BB1bPbEj

BYU QB Zach Wilson says he has made no decision about declaring for the NFL draft

But Wilson won’t be making that decision until the season is over.

“I think when the time comes, after the season is over, I’ll have a pretty good idea of what to do,” he said. “The plan for me now is to finish up this week, get to a good bowl game, compete, win the bowl game and then it really goes from there. Right now, my plan is to come back next year. I really haven’t thought about it because all my focus is with these boys. I really think when the time comes, I’ll know what to do.”

Offensive coordinator Jeff Grimes said both Wilson and offensive lineman Brady Christensen are among those considering moving on from BYU following the 2020 season. Because of the pandemic, the NCAA essentially made this year a freebie when it comes to eligibility, so players will get the year back.

But only if they want it.

With that option on the table, Wilson could feasibly play another two seasons for BYU.

6 hours ago, ShaneFalco said:

Agreed but not 2 years. You take a QB in the top ten he sits one year max. 
And yes, a franchise QB trumps all other positions. You may not be picking this high and have the opportunity so when it happens you take the most important position in not just football but in all of sports. 
Never pass on a QB when you can dump your vet, old QB in one year with no financial repercussions. 
Reload. Cause you may never get the chance. 

Demmit boy....spot on

23 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

If this is the case if I’m Ryan I’m asking for a trade and move on.Ryan’s job isn’t to mentor the next guy that’s what coaches are there to do.

It makes me wonder how good our WRing coach would be without Julio Jones on the sidelines.

Well, he would still be making 40 million.  And it’s the QB Coach’s job to mentor and coach up the backup QB, not Ryan’s job

Cant be afraid to hurt anyone’s feelings if the move makes sense long term

38 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Well, he would still be making 40 million.  And it’s the QB Coach’s job to mentor and coach up the backup QB, not Ryan’s job

Cant be afraid to hurt anyone’s feelings if the move makes sense long term

There’s a very easy answer to this.

Do we have a better chance with Ryan or say someone like a rookie the next 2-3 seasons.

If they feel there is you stick with Ryan and put the necessary pieces around him.

If you want to tear it down go draft your rookie QB with an outlook for the long term.

For me it’s an easy decision because I know what Ryan is and I know there’s still gas left in the tank.

But you never no new HC and GM might have other ideas.

I'd have more respect for a new GM and HC if they come in and draft a QB in the first. It shows that 1.) They have the balls to make the tough decisions to put pressure on the aging franchise QB. 2.) It shows that they have a plan for the future of this team and they went and got the guy who they invision leading us to a championship.

16 hours ago, putnam6 said:

and then there is this. I mean if he is this good he might want to stay another year and go for the top pick over all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/byu-qb-zach-wilson-says-he-has-made-no-decision-about-declaring-for-the-nfl-draft/ar-BB1bPbEj

BYU QB Zach Wilson says he has made no decision about declaring for the NFL draft

But Wilson won’t be making that decision until the season is over.

“I think when the time comes, after the season is over, I’ll have a pretty good idea of what to do,” he said. “The plan for me now is to finish up this week, get to a good bowl game, compete, win the bowl game and then it really goes from there. Right now, my plan is to come back next year. I really haven’t thought about it because all my focus is with these boys. I really think when the time comes, I’ll know what to do.”

Offensive coordinator Jeff Grimes said both Wilson and offensive lineman Brady Christensen are among those considering moving on from BYU following the 2020 season. Because of the pandemic, the NCAA essentially made this year a freebie when it comes to eligibility, so players will get the year back.

But only if they want it.

With that option on the table, Wilson could feasibly play another two seasons for BYU.

He would be smart to go back another year.  I think returning would actually hurt his draft stock a bit, but he would be a much better prospect with another year of learning/seasoning 

1 hour ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I'd have more respect for a new GM and HC if they come in and draft a QB in the first. It shows that 1.) They have the balls to make the tough decisions to put pressure on the aging franchise QB. 2.) It shows that they have a plan for the future of this team and they went and got the guy who they invision leading us to a championship.

Not trying to see this team go on another impromptu retooling for a playoff run in the next 2 years with aging Vets and new coaching. It’d be a shame to see the next HC bounced out because we thought the QB carousel after Ryan was a good idea.

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

I admit he’s made some throws that are impressive. I like his pocket mobility. I don’t think he upgrades the franchise right away though 

I agree with not right away. But you could stash him behind Ryan for a season or two.

I think this team has enough talent to be good with the right coaching staff. Go defense with most of the rest of the draft. Get a decent LG and maybe a vet CB and FS in FA.

On 12/8/2020 at 11:36 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO at needs based drafting. Dimi tried that and picked the likes of Sackmaker, Jelly, Puddin, Bustley, King Konz and Talk.

You are so right about that. If I hear "needs specific" one more time I will puke!.. We passed on so many good players it's ridiculous! 

16 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I agree with not right away. But you could stash him behind Ryan for a season or two.

I think this team has enough talent to be good with the right coaching staff. Go defense with most of the rest of the draft. Get a decent LG and maybe a vet CB and FS in FA.

I’d be down for drafting Trask and letting him sit behind Ryan. Especially if the coach is Arthur smith. But for those who think Wilson will suddenly be the next Mahomes or Allen are delusional. Both have phenomenal coaching staffs and are set up for success perfectly to their styles. Especially Allen. He would probably suck if not for his HC