3 Official GM Interviews

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should be interviewing Ed Dodds, but looks like we got an agenda.

fixed

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Lol I’ve been a big MR fan since he got here. It’s just time to move on and find his replacement. I’ll sell you one or four of his jerseys at a great price. The GM HC hire should not be made to accommodate MR. He’s about done and this is about long term. The GM and HC need to be here long after MR is gone. TD is the one to blame for part of MRs short comings - OL sucked half the time so did the defense and don’t even talk about a pass rush. But on the other hand MR has had some great RBs WRs and TEs to play with plus I’d bet he endorsed DK coming back. It’s been all about MR and should’ve been with him being a great franchise QB but this show is no longer about MR. I mean it is possible to add a few pieces to this roster and maybe maybe but very unlikely win the big trophy. The time is near for moving on.

I have all his shirts I need, but thanks. I only think we should add pieces to compliment Ryan during these final years because a rookie  most likely won’t get us to a SB in the next two years. I think Matt is our best option in that regard. I think with a better coach we will have a better year and a better chance. I’m not saying his time isn’t coming because it is near. I just want a trophy after supporting this team since day one.

11 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Do you really believe candidates of any race would not want the job? 
If so, I got some ocean front property in South Beach I’ll sell real cheap

But are those candidates qualified. Just because you’re in fb in some capacity doesn’t mean you are. I want that job but have no qualifications.

36 minutes ago, Day1 said:

But are those candidates qualified. Just because you’re in fb in some capacity doesn’t mean you are. I want that job but have no qualifications.

Qualified is the kicker....candidates of all race should be interviewed if qualified. One race should never be a priority over another just find the best person for the job

43 minutes ago, Day1 said:

I have all his shirts I need, but thanks. I only think we should add pieces to compliment Ryan during these final years because a rookie  most likely won’t get us to a SB in the next two years. I think Matt is our best option in that regard. I think with a better coach we will have a better year and a better chance. I’m not saying his time isn’t coming because it is near. I just want a trophy after supporting this team since day one.

That should be the decision of the new GM but the hire shouldn’t hinge on MR imo. AB has already pretty much said that what happens with MR will be up to the new regime. 
Im okay with adding the pieces if the new regime wants to keep him but the hire shouldn’t be based on that. It’s highly unlikely we could win a SB in the next two yrs. I hope the hire drafts MRs replacement even if it means he would be a backup for a yr or two.

2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

I think most here black white or purple want the best candidates interviewed regardless of race but that’s impossible if all races aren’t interviewed.

Right, and that's the problem here. Only one race has received the lion's share of the interviews over the years.

We're about to pick our 15th head coach in 2020, yet we've never had an African American serve as anything other than interim. So, when people make an issue out of our interviewing three African Americans for a management position, I can't help but laugh at how much they're looking at the situation backward.

On 12/8/2020 at 5:08 PM, CMarinoNFL said:

Itll be Riddick. Any Falcons media rep looking at the public eye knows everyone wants Riddick. Fits McKays agenda and helps Blank in the PNL department. A fan hire and a progressive agenda hire (as McKay and company have been vouching for). Hes also super qualified as a GM. Knows the league by the back of his hand 

You think McKay or Blank give a single miniscule nano-**** what the public eye wants when picking a GM. That's rich. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
1 hour ago, jidady said:

Right, and that's the problem here. Only one race has received the lion's share of the interviews over the years.

We're about to pick our 15th head coach in 2020, yet we've never had an African American serve as anything other than interim. So, when people make an issue out of our interviewing three African Americans for a management position, I can't help but laugh at how much they're looking at the situation backward.

I understand what you’re saying....it works both ways. Hopefully moving forward equality will be part of the process and a lesson has been learned.

Just interview the most qualified  candidates and hire the best one. 

5 hours ago, Day1 said:

I don’t really proof read what spellcheck changes in my posts. Mostly when I type something and spellcheck changes it, I don’t go back and change it back. If you feel you must point it out, I have a slew of posts you can check out for me.

It's hilarious that you think I was pointing out a typo 😂😃

On 12/8/2020 at 9:34 PM, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

I disagree, there are several people on this board including myself that do not want Riddick. He doesn't move the meter at all, and I fear that if he is hired it will just be another 5 or 6 wasted years.

The only potential GM's they are currently "interested" in that peak my interest are Champ Kelly and maybe Fontenot but I haven't done much research on him.

I am a big Champ Kelly fan!