3 Official GM Interviews

5 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

QBs are hard to come by and you got to have a great one to win it all. That’s why I think we need to get one this yr while drafting in the top ten. But yeah Elway can’t find a QB like TD couldn’t find edge rushers

It’s weird too cause Elway really was one of the most gifted and greatest QBs ever. He literally singlehandedly took those 3 Denver teams of the 80’s to those SBs. Those teams really had no business whatsoever being in the SB. And he can’t draft a QB to save his life. So strange. 

I agree with you and as I’ve stated here recently as we near the draft and combine, we’re going to see both Trask and Jones being heralded as top 15 picks. And for good reason. Both are putting up Burrow numbers from last year which is unreal considering how we all thought last year was an outlier we all would never see again, and both are extremely mechanically sound, have NFL level speed at processing though their reads, big enough arms, and most importantly are very comfortable and accurate from the pocket. 
Jones has been absolutely lethal from the pocket. And his deep ball is even more impressive. 

I see 5 QBs going in the top 20. Teams spend so much time and effort trying to find that guy and the value of the position is at an all time high. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should be interviewing Ed Dodds, but looks like we got an agenda.

fixed

Posted Images

4 hours ago, CMarinoNFL said:

Itll be Riddick. Any Falcons media rep looking at the public eye knows everyone wants Riddick. Fits McKays agenda and helps Blank in the PNL department. A fan hire and a progressive agenda hire (as McKay and company have been vouching for). Hes also super qualified as a GM. Knows the league by the back of his hand 

I disagree, there are several people on this board including myself that do not want Riddick. He doesn't move the meter at all, and I fear that if he is hired it will just be another 5 or 6 wasted years.

The only potential GM's they are currently "interested" in that peak my interest are Champ Kelly and maybe Fontenot but I haven't done much research on him.

12 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

I disagree, there are several people on this board including myself that do not want Riddick. He doesn't move the meter at all, and I fear that if he is hired it will just be another 5 or 6 wasted years.

The only potential GM's they are currently "interested" in that peak my interest are Champ Kelly and maybe Fontenot but I haven't done much research on him.

Dodds?

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

My point is we have women scouts now. That’s a start. I believe TD got his start as a scout. So next will be being over the scouting department. But besides all of that I believe if someone thinks a candidate can do the best at a job they should get said job. I truly believe a woman can succeed as a GM in the NFL. 

The lady for the Marlins got the gig because she's buddies with Jeter. Was a poor interviewer before then. Pushed a black man out for that hire. They have trouble selling tickets but I doubt that moves the needle.

Could it happen in the NFL? Maybe. But I don't want to be the franchise that's the tester because if she stinks twitter will be all over you if you call her out or have to fire her. Just not a winnable situation. 

3 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

same. Please bring in Smith. He was in his 30s and got them JJ Watt, DHop and Watson who everyone said was going to flop

If you're ok with a GM only hitting on his first round pick that was usually top ten then Smith is your guy. Go and actually look at some  of his drafts. I would rather rehire Dimitroff than to bring in Smith.

5 minutes ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

If you're ok with a GM only hitting on his first round pick that was usually top ten then Smith is your guy. Go and actually look at some  of his drafts. I would rather rehire Dimitroff than to bring in Smith.

He also signed Osweiller to that insane contract and then NBA traded him with picks to CLE. I like Kelly, Dodd’s or McKenzie instead. 

Edited by ShaneFalco
5 minutes ago, ShaneFalco said:

He also signed Osweiller to that insane contract and then NBA traded him with picks to CLE. I like Kelly, Dodd’s or McKenzie instead. 

I like McKenzie but does he want to come back to the game. I would love for him to come thru, but I also feel like it is part of that same wash rinse and repeat cycle. 

Bring in fresh blood.

13 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

He also still thinks Haskins is a franchise QB and won’t admit he was wrong about him.

In his defense, Did Haskins ever really get a legit shot to show what he was? He got 11 starts before getting yanked. I don't think he is a franchise QB but sadly any chance he had of being one was thrown away by the WFC. They royally screwed that whole situation up benching him for a known trash can like Kyle Allen. 

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

In his defense, Did Haskins ever really get a legit shot to show what he was? He got 11 starts before getting yanked. I don't think he is a franchise QB but sadly any chance he had of being one was thrown away by the WFC. They royally screwed that whole situation up benching him for a known trash can like Kyle Allen. 

He got plenty of chances. The one win he got he couldn’t even kneel because he was in the stands with fans. And as I’ve said before Ron and the OC had him go for it on 4th and goal 3 or 4 times and told him throw it in the endzone. If it’s a pick that’s ok just go for the touchdown and he checked it down behind the LOS every single time. He’s immature and he isn’t a competitor.

32 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

He got plenty of chances. The one win he got he couldn’t even kneel because he was in the stands with fans. And as I’ve said before Ron and the OC had him go for it on 4th and goal 3 or 4 times and told him throw it in the endzone. If it’s a pick that’s ok just go for the touchdown and he checked it down behind the LOS every single time. He’s immature and he isn’t a competitor.

I don't disagree with what you are saying but when you draft a QB in the 1st round he deserves more than 11 starts to show what he has at the hardest position in the game. Everyone knew his mental needed work and time when drafted yet the WFC rushed the process and than yanked the cord entirely too early. Especially when on that said team, They have no weapons other than one WR who was a rookie last year, an O-Line that was getting him destroyed weekly and a horrific coaching staff for his rookie season. 

If Daniel Jones who was drafted even higher than Haskins and has a 7-17 record can continue to get starts with 25 fumbles and 21 INTs in 24 games than Haskins deserved more than what he got.

Josh Rosen was horrific in his 1st year and still got 14 games before being traded for a 2nd round pick and getting another near half a season worth of starts.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
3 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I don't disagree with what you are saying but when you draft a QB in the 1st round he deserves more than 11 starts to show what he has at the hardest position in the game. Everyone knew his mental needed work and time when drafted yet the WFC rushed the process and than yanked the cord entirely too early. Especially when on that said team, They have no weapons other than one WR who was a rookie last year, an O-Line that was getting him destroyed weekly and a horrific coaching staff for his rookie season. 

If Daniel Jones who was drafted even higher than Haskins and has a 7-17 record can continue to get starts with 25 fumbles and 21 INTs in 24 games than Haskins deserved more than what he got.

Josh Rosen was horrific in his 1st year and still got 14 games before being traded for a 2nd round pick and getting another near half a season worth of starts.

Don’t care about his rookie year I’m talking about this year where he is still trash and by all accounts quit working once he was the starter

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

Don’t care about his rookie year I’m talking about this year where he is still trash and by all accounts quit working once he was the starter

Again 11 starts is 11 starts. He did not have the time he should have been given. Yeah he played like trash in the few games before getting yanked but so does Daniel Jones every week yet he is out here starting still. Heck he missed this past week and the Giants upset a far better team than them.

2 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Again 11 starts is 11 starts. He did not have the time he should have been given. Yeah he played like trash in the few games before getting yanked but so does Daniel Jones every week yet he is out here starting still. Heck he missed this past week and the Giants upset a far better team than them.

Why are you bringing up Jones? We are talking about Haskins just because someone else sucks doesn’t make Haskins good. 

Haskins has shown who he is and that’s trash 11 starts or 26 starts it doesn’t matter he is who he is.