POLL-What record do you want the Falcons to finish with now?

jlrfalcon

What record do you want the Falcons to finish with now?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What record do you want the Falcons to finish with now?

• 4 - 12 (0 - 4 finish)
    • 5 - 11 (1 - 3 finish)
    • 6 - 10 (2 - 2 finish)
    • 7 - 9 (3 - 1 finish)
    • 8 - 8 (4 - 0 finish)

We are in the fourth quarter of the 2020-2021 season.

The chances of playoffs are very, very slim.

We have been humbled a couple of times but some signs of promise.

Almost nobody wants the current staff to return and an undefeated finish might bring opposite thoughts to an owner.

Our draft position might improve with 4 straight losses, but is a 4th pick vs. an 8th pick really worth it?

Should we really want to lose both games to the Bucs?

Do we want to create a losing mentality with the young players who are here?

Why even play any of our regulars the last 4 games if we just want to lose?

Does anybody even see a point to watching the final 4 games if we want to go 0-4?

Would it be great to maybe even knock the Bucs out of the playoffs the last week?

What record do you WANT the Falcons to finish with (not what you think it will be)?

4 minutes ago, Fiercefalcon said:

Never understood tankers. A high draft pick usually indicates a bad team. Bad teams take years to recover. That's also assuming they pick fairly well.

No thanks. I'll hope for mediocrity. Much easier to fix that than it is a dumpster fire.

Yup...they want the team to be terrible, but will then ***** when the team is still terrible next year. Not too often drafting top 5 means the team is gonna get dramatically better next season...especially if the goal is to get rid of the good players the team has (Ryan, Jones). If we do that it will get worse before it gets better.

just think, if we drafted top 5 last season and the board got their way we would have Okudah or Simmons and not Terrell...that sure would have been worth the extra losses!

I was going to ask for a it doesn't matter choice.  I feel like a lot of us had our come to Jesus moment last ball game, and the air is fully out of the sail.  For others quicker, and some still  have some crazy hope.  BUT WE JUST AREN'T THAT GOOD AS A FOOTBALL TEAM.  I actually think the Defense has stepped up and made huge strides.

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Yup...they want the team to be terrible, but will then ***** when the team is still terrible next year. Not too often drafting top 5 means the team is gonna get dramatically better next season...especially if the goal is to get rid of the good players the team has (Ryan, Jones). If we do that it will get worse before it gets better.

just think, if we drafted top 5 last season and the board got their way we would have Okudah or Simmons and not Terrell...that sure would have been worth the extra losses!

Never know. Okudah and Simmons could have faired well in a different defense and Terrell could have struggled in Detroit or Arizona. It's easy to make this statement in hindsight. 

Simmons was drafted to play linebacker then moved to safety after they started getting injuries in the back end. Granted, everything pre draft pointed to him being able to make a smooth transition if needed, it's just not the same once you actually hit the NFL. Also, Campbell and Hicks were playing good to start the season at linebacker so that allowed Simmons to learn more. May sound like i'm making an excuse but that's just what it was. In Atlanta, he likely would have been thrown in on day 1 or he would have had to earn it over Foye. TBH, i don't think Simmons was ever really a realistic option going to Atlanta in the first place. 

Okudah battled injuries during camp it lingered into the season a little, including now. That's just something that can't be controlled. For the most part he's had his fair share of downs but he's also had his bright spots this season. 

Terrell has had the luxury of not getting injured(not counting Covid). Hopefully the play remains consistent over the years. One thing to point out though, despite how it looks on the outside, Okudah and Terrell really aren't as far apart as it seems. 

Okudah 9 games--53 targets, 41 completions, 77.4% completion, 2 touchdowns, 11.2 YPT, 2 PD, 1 INT, 47 tackles

Terrell 10 games-- 51 targets, 36 completions, 70.6% completion, 4 touchdowns, 9.9 YPT, 4 PD, 1 INT, 2 FF, 53 tackles

Edited by ya_boi_j
edit FF

I know they could turn out fine, still too early. My point was you don’t always get the better player by drafting higher, just need to identify the better player. 

heck, I would have taken Okudah over AJ myself, but I def don’t claim to know more than an NFL GM. The board general consensus shows me that as of now we wouldn’t have been better off drafting high, not in round 1 anyways.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Never know. Okudah and Simmons could have faired well in a different defense and Terrell could have struggled in Detroit or Arizona. It's easy to make this statement in hindsight. 

Simmons was drafted to play linebacker then moved to safety after they started getting injuries in the back end. Granted, everything pre draft pointed to him being able to make a smooth transition if needed, it's just not the same once you actually hit the NFL. Also, Campbell and Hicks were playing good to start the season at linebacker so that allowed Simmons to learn more. May sound like i'm making an excuse but that's just what it was. In Atlanta, he likely would have been thrown in on day 1 or he would have had to earn it over Foye. TBH, i don't think Simmons was ever really a realistic option going to Atlanta in the first place. 

Okudah battled injuries during camp it lingered into the season a little, including now. That's just something that can't be controlled. For the most part he's had his fair share of downs but he's also had his bright spots this season. 

Terrell has had the luxury of not getting injured(not counting Covid). Hopefully the play remains consistent over the years. One thing to point out though, despite how it looks on the outside, Okudah and Terrell really aren't as far apart as it seems. 

Okudah 9 games--53 targets, 41 completions, 77.4% completion, 2 touchdowns, 11.2 YPT, 2 PD, 1 INT, 47 tackles

Terrell 10 games-- 51 targets, 36 completions, 70.6% completion, 4 touchdowns, 9.9 YPT, 4 PD, 1 INT, 4 FF, 53 tackles

terrell has 4 FF when did that happen i missed those 

28 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

terrell has 4 FF when did that happen i missed those 

I looked at the number wrong. It's 2 FF. Both against N.O.. The FF and PD are directly beside each other on the screen and i was going back and forth between both sites while typing lol

Edited by ya_boi_j
correct info

3 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

^^^  This.  If we tank and strip the team of talent like some people are insisting on, we won't see another winning season till 2022 or later.  It took the Dolphins 3 years from burning things to the ground intentionally to being competitive again.  The same people howling from the rooftops to burn it down now would spend the next 2-3 years whining about how bad we are after doing what they wanted.  

I think we beat the Chargers.  Barely.  Maybe a late Koo kick.  

I know Herbert has an old VCR or an iPhone so he's definitely seen the Falcons defense.  Chuck the ball over the front 7 and any place AJ Terrell isn't set and it's 100% a catch.  But their D is beatable for sure.  If Julio has a good game and if Ryan carries at least 1 time for an easy first down we win.  

I think it is within our range to split the Bucs.  Brady is done.  But we won't beat them twice.  They use film.  Nobody can convince me the Falcons use film.  Unless you count streaming Mandalorian in Flowery Branch as film study.

0% chance we beat KC even though they don't need to win.  KC will be a "participation medal" for our Offense and our Defense, a monumental blowout.  

6-10.  Not bad considering all our obstacles and our start.  

I wouldn't mind beating the Bucs twice but now that our slim hope of playoff chances has become even slimmer/non existent there is almost no reason to watch any of the rest of the games. 

Coaching:

Morris has done a great job with the defense. I've enjoyed watching the defense the last few weeks, but too little too late.

Koetter has made this team unwatchable. There is a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball but this uncreative boring offense with no running game is complete garbage. I really don't want to watch another game until Koetter is gone. I have 0 faith in his ability to guide the offense. Those 3 blown games earlier in the year might be a godsend come draft time, as Koetter has proven his offense will not compete against playoff teams. 

Players: 

Really outside of possibly Tuioti-mariner we don't have any young guys to throw out there to give us hope next year. I think we should cut Gurley/Hill and start signing RBs off people's practice squads to see if they give any juice to our running game.