Riddick under consideration by Falcons for GM

Lowndesfalc

Im still going to wait honestly. I do feel like its weird at this point that only black gms are on the tracker after the falcons talked with officials about diversity. I need that list to open up a bit so I can have a true opinion. Currently according to tabeek its

Riddick

Rick Smith 

Champ Kelly

Brad Holmes

Reggie Mckenzie 

18 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Im still going to wait honestly. I do feel like its weird at this point that only black gms are on the tracker after the falcons talked with officials about diversity. I need that list to open up a bit so I can have a true opinion. Currently according to tabeek its

Riddick

Rick Smith 

Champ Kelly

Brad Holmes

Reggie Mckenzie 

There's some agenda apparently.

18 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Riddick

Rick Smith 

Champ Kelly

Brad Holmes

Reggie Mckenzie 

I say this as a black man,

I really hope Blank picks the best man for the job and not focus on skin color. Almost always, anytime a team or company does something just to win over twitter instead of the best business decision, it almost always fails on the field and in business.

FWIW:

"ESPN analyst Louis Riddick might have provided another major hint of which head coach he would prefer if he were hired as the 49ers general manager.E

Appearing Monday on “NFL Insiders,” Riddick talked about the importance of the 49ers hiring a coach-general manager combination with a pre-existing relationship.

“It’s critical,” Riddick said. “It’s going to be all about communication because all of your time frame is so super-condensed. You don’t have a lot of time to say, ‘Hey, let me get to know you; you get to know me; this is how I like to do things; this is how you like to coach; these are guys I want.’

“You better have a real good feel for all of that already because time is of the essence here, especially if you’re going to wait for someone like Josh (McDaniels).”

The 49ers interviewed New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels on Saturday for the head-coaching position. The 49ers would not be able to conduct a second interview with McDaniels until the Patriots’ season ends or the one-week period after the AFC Championship game, if New England advances to the Super Bowl. McDaniels cannot sign on as head coach until the Patriots' season is over.

The 49ers are scheduled to interview Riddick for the position on Tuesday. Riddick has made it known he has a high opinion of McDaniels. During recent appearances on ESPN, Riddick said he would accept the 49ers’ job and he talked about the “massive overhaul” that is needed at important positions"

5 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

FWIW:

"ESPN analyst Louis Riddick might have provided another major hint of which head coach he would prefer if he were hired as the 49ers general manager.E

Appearing Monday on “NFL Insiders,” Riddick talked about the importance of the 49ers hiring a coach-general manager combination with a pre-existing relationship.

“It’s critical,” Riddick said. “It’s going to be all about communication because all of your time frame is so super-condensed. You don’t have a lot of time to say, ‘Hey, let me get to know you; you get to know me; this is how I like to do things; this is how you like to coach; these are guys I want.’

“You better have a real good feel for all of that already because time is of the essence here, especially if you’re going to wait for someone like Josh (McDaniels).”

The 49ers interviewed New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels on Saturday for the head-coaching position. The 49ers would not be able to conduct a second interview with McDaniels until the Patriots’ season ends or the one-week period after the AFC Championship game, if New England advances to the Super Bowl. McDaniels cannot sign on as head coach until the Patriots' season is over.

The 49ers are scheduled to interview Riddick for the position on Tuesday. Riddick has made it known he has a high opinion of McDaniels. During recent appearances on ESPN, Riddick said he would accept the 49ers’ job and he talked about the “massive overhaul” that is needed at important positions"

If he wants McDaniels then that is a no go for me.

14 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

FWIW:

Please dont bring Bobby Petrino back 

23 minutes ago, stizz said:

I really hope Blank picks the best man for the job and not focus on skin color. Almost always, anytime a team or company does something just to win over twitter instead of the best business decision, it almost always fails on the field and in business.

He’s not one to make decisions to score political brownie points. I’m finishing up reading his book right now, he’s a very savvy businessman and makes these types of decisions thoughtfully 

33 minutes ago, stizz said:

As a Black man, I agree

33 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

FWIW:

I’ll pass on Riddick if the cost is McDaniels.  I can’t stress this enough...lol.  Hard pass on any situation that involves McDaniels in FB

I have always admired and respected Louis for being no nonsense and straight forward and a wealth of football knowledge. As a former player John Lynch has done well with much less front office experience. Louis’ demeanor reminds me of Mike Tomlin. A leader of men is what we need. 

Of course my endorsement almost guarantees he won’t get hired. 😂

There’s going to be a lot going on in the oncoming weeks. Gonna be interesting...

Everyone is an unknown until they get a shot. He seems to,have an eye for talent, but I love that he comes off with a demeanor that commands respect. 

Very well spoken and he seems to have a plan when he speaks. 

I am at least intrigued. I think he could jump start the culture shift the Falcons need. Not sure about Josh McD though. But if thats who the GM hires, I will get behind the Falcons the same as I always do. 

25 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’ll pass on Riddick if the cost is McDaniels.  I can’t stress this enough...lol.  Hard pass on any situation that involves McDaniels in FB

Based on that quote, I’m assuming it’s from 2016, so not sure how much it’s relevant now. And his answer could totally be framed around league sources saying mcdaniels is a shoe in for that job, and he’s trying to say he could work with him. 

Now that Riddick is for sure included, my top 3 are Kelly, Smith, and Riddick. Riddick #1 in my eyes. Kelly follows, and then Smith. Riddick and Kelly both seem to look more at the analytics and are more keen to adapt to the NFL changing every year. I think Smith is more TD, and i'm okay with that since TD was scapegoated here. He brought in some of Houston's better players, and think he would've kept doing so had he not left. I'm sure Hopkins would still be there at least.