A TDWII Obersvation: The Failure of Matt Ryan’s Leadership

TheDirtyWordII

10 minutes ago, RetroRoq said:

Totally off topic, but I am not allowed to make threads yet and this question probably isnt worth its on thread anyway but this post will likely have a lot of eyes so maybe I can find somebody real smart to help me here.

Can somebody explain why the booth could not overturn the clock showing one second as the ball falls incomplete on the last play of the game?  The referee indicated that there needed to be 2 seconds to even consider it.  How does that rule work as I am pretty sure its the first time I have come across it in a game?

Seems if the officials had correctly called the pass interference penalty on that last play (that ball was in the air for a long time and Julio was getting mugged in the end zone), the Falcons couldve run another play with no time left even if the PI occurred after the clock ran out.  But the replay clearly showed that there was a second left and the referee said they couldnt review it because there was only one second left.  How does that rule work?

I think the rules states there must be at least two seconds left on the clock to change the call on the field. There was only one second left....screwed up rule if that’s the case.....there was clearly one second left.

I’ve said it over and over and this I will stick w firmly.....I am well aware that Ryan gets happy feet at the first hint of pressure at times  (but sometimes he makes a great play and takes a beating).  I’m also firmly aware that he appears to lose his ability to “see the field” and tends to focus on a single target to a point of madness occasionally.  I mean as good as JJ is, sometimes you gotta check down on 4th down.  He’s very bad at trying to force it on key downs.  Then, occasionally, he makes an insanely great play under pressure.  This all tells me that with all his faults, Matt Ryan is much better when he’s in a scheme that actually provides legit opportunities to make plays consistently.  Give us a decent OC and he’ll take us farther than 25 other QBs in league.  He’s still solid but he can’t out play a putrid OL (for years) nor a putrid scheme (several years).  We gave him a cpl years w an OC on Matt’s level or better and he was an mvp.  I’ll ride w him a few more years.  Fix the OC!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Good point....but a mobile qb can save some cap dollars vs a statue. D Watson was sacked 106 because of a bad. OL and always playing from behind with a bad defense.  But yeah I’m not saying to neglect the OL

Mike Vick was our most expensive player on the Field.  He had an outstanding Oline the whole time he was here and a very good defense.  He still never had back to back winning seasons and never made it to a Super Bowl.  Cam Newton made it to one Super Bowl and other than that did nothing and that year he had the best defense in the league, a top ten Oline and a very good supporting running game.  Mahomes has one of the best Olines in football.  Wilson had a top three defense, top 10 running attack and very good Oline when Seattle was regularly going to the playoffs.

Your logic is flawed.  A mobile QB, no matter how good, will fail miserably without a defense and Oline.  To think otherwise is just stupid.

2 possibly 3 decent years left with Ryan either put him in a system to make use of the best of him or stop farking around with the BS and trade him.

Its that simple what the brains trust don’t want to do is continually make brain dead hires like Sark and Koetter to continually piss years against the wall.

Not only are you embarrassing Ryan your embarrassing yourselves and the fan base.

1 hour ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Mike Vick was our most expensive player on the Field.  He had an outstanding Oline the whole time he was here and a very good defense.  He still never had back to back winning seasons and never made it to a Super Bowl.  Cam Newton made it to one Super Bowl and other than that did nothing and that year he had the best defense in the league, a top ten Oline and a very good supporting running game.  Mahomes has one of the best Olines in football.  Wilson had a top three defense, top 10 running attack and very good Oline when Seattle was regularly going to the playoffs.

Your logic is flawed.  A mobile QB, no matter how good, will fail miserably without a defense and Oline.  To think otherwise is just stupid.

My point is a mobile QB with a good arm can make more plays. Obviously the OL defense needs to be good among other things. But  the OL doesn’t have to be great or have great players. The mobile QB helps make a good line

13 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

My point is a mobile QB with a good arm can make more plays. Obviously the OL defense needs to be good among other things. But  the OL doesn’t have to be great or have great players. The mobile QB helps make a good line

tell houston that. ryan sacks 31, watson sacks 33. a bad o-line is a bad o-line, doesn't matter how athletic the qb is.