Todd Gurley cant hit the hole.

Refried Beans

Never waits for hole to develop, if it aint there he improvises and loses yards. Losing 7 yards on 3rd and 2 is ridiculous at this level. You are taught from elementary school to hit the hole and run straight in short yardage. When you watch replay, the hole developed after Gurley had already decided to do his own thing. THAT play. Cost us the game. 

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

I hope Blank sees this and continues to make deep cuts in front office and scouting. Organization is making poor decisions in regards to coaches and player personell. Teams looks like 6 people trying and others just collecting checks. 

Are you sure scouting is the issue? The last couple of years 100% of the decision making was in "save our azzes" mode.

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

Sadly, we got the back half career Gurley, not prime Gurley.  Not SJax bad, but he’s definitely not an every down guy now. 

We should’ve drafted him and gotten that Gurley. 

False, should had drafted Bud Dupree over Vic and Gurley.  Then draft TJ watt over scrub Takk.

Edited by BirdGangATL

Just now, FalconDawg28 said:

If you take away Gurley’s 121 yard game against Carolina he is averaging 3.13 yards per carry. That should tell you everything you need to know about our starting running back. 

To be fair, I think Gurley could have success if we were running the correct scheme offensively. He still has good vision if we let him play behind a horizontal zone scheme. Freeman was never a top-end speedy kind of guy but he made it work in that kind of scheme.

10 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

To be fair, I think Gurley could have success if we were running the correct scheme offensively. He still has good vision if we let him play behind a horizontal zone scheme. Freeman was never a top-end speedy kind of guy but he made it work in that kind of scheme.

I agree and I think you can say that about the run game as a whole since 4 Of our OL are better fits for the ZBS as well as Hennessy but it this system he isn’t playable and I honestly would play both Hill and smith over him going forward 

Remember how much Burst he had week 1 vs Seattle.

Week by week he has gotten worse and worse. That Carolina game makes his numbers not look as bad but he is horrific at this point. Definitely costed us the Detroit game and played a large part in us losing at the end of this game losing 7 on a short yardage situation in the redzone.

It's time to end this experiment. Start Ito and let Gurley get the carries inside the 5 yardline.

10 hours ago, FalconDawg28 said:

If you take away Gurley’s 121 yard game against Carolina he is averaging 3.13 yards per carry. That should tell you everything you need to know about our starting running back. 

that's pretty much right on par with every RB we've had with Koetter as our OC. But it's the backs fault there's nowhere to run consistently, sure. 

Ran the ball fine with Mularkey

Koetter comes: we can't run the ball. "Turner is done" "Jackson is done" after both coming off productive 1000 yard seasons

Shanahan comes: omg we can run the ball again.

Sark comes: we can run the ball decently

Koetter comes back: omg these backs suck, Gurley can't hit the hole. Even though there isn't a hole to hit lmao

Point blank, we can't run the ball because Koetter can't run the ball. It's not the running backs.