Jump to content

Falcons Twitter post


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, arrogantBEAST said:

I STILL can’t get over it. If anything take the tackle. Fall. Trip. But don’t keep running... 

Hard to break the habit when he's made his career out of outspeeding guys to the boundary. If this is what he's going to play like though, he better start learning how to be a power back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lord Sarcomere said:

Personally knew it was game over as soon as Gurley decided to run backwards in the redzone on third down.

 

4 minutes ago, arrogantBEAST said:

I STILL can’t get over it. If anything take the tackle. Fall. Trip. But don’t keep running... 

Everyone in th3 league knows he wants to get to the outside. he had no business being in there at that moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In reality it has nothing to do with Gurley. The fact Koetter called a “sweep” on a 3rd & 2 with the game on the line was idiotic. Also, Gurley had one carry the entire first 3 quarters because he “was hurt”, if you have a banged up player why give it to him on the most important play of the game, especially when you have Julio & Ridley, we got Dirked! 
 

Gurley was hit 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage, even if he went down we’re still 4th & 6 or 7. We scored 1 TD in two complete games against NO, this loss has nothing to do with Gurley getting tackled for a loss of 7, it falls solely on Dirk Koetter not being able to get first downs, not get our stars open and call the most vanilla offense in the NFL. 

Edited by matty72780
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, red falcon said:

 

Everyone in th3 league knows he wants to get to the outside. he had no business being in there at that moment.

my thing is that people at home knows when you have a 4 down territory you dont run on 3rd down you throw this idiot decides to run on 2nd and 3rd down whyyyy ok you ran on 2nd down nice you got some yards ok next play throw the **** ball dumb*** or run a PA play or something why run there its so dumb especially the fact that we all know we struggle running short gains

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Did anyone actually think Dirk was going to call us into a game winning TD at any point? I didn't.

Honestly, no.  Clearly Dennis Allen has DKs number which sadly isn't that surprising.  I am more frustrated with the decision to keep DK when DQ was fired then I was to keep DQ after last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, matty72780 said:

In reality it has nothing to do with Gurley. The fact Koetter called a “sweep” on a 3rd & 2 with the game on the line was idiotic. Also, Gurley had one carry the entire first 3 quarters because he “was hurt”, if you have a banged up player why give it to him on the most important play of the game, especially when you have Julio & Ridley, we got Dirked! 
 

Gurley was hit 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage, even if he went down we’re still 4th & 6 or 7. We scored 1 TD in two complete games against NO, this loss has nothing to do with Gurley getting tackled for a loss of 7, it falls solely on Dirk Koetter not being able to get first downs, not get our stars open and call the most vanilla offense in the NFL. 

This

As with the defense prior to DQs departure, I felt then the coaching was too bad to accurately evaluate the players and feel exactly the same way with the offense.

Yes they have good games because we have enough talent to overcome DK in spurts but when total bonehead play calls are made, it's hard for me to blame the players for not succeeding.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...