Post Game Notes: Morris Calls Out Dirk?

• FalconsIn2012 changed the title to Morris Calls Out Dirk?
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fire him Monday and I’m cool with you staying on as HC

• FalconsIn2012 changed the title to Post Game Notes: Morris Calls Out Dirk?

I would dump Koetter tomorrow. Absolutely ZERO reason for Koetter to call another play for us. NONE. Let Knapp run it until the end of the year. At this point we have absolutely NOTHING to lose. We know what Koetter brings and it’s not good. If the D continues to play well even when the O gives them no help then I might be ok keeping Raheem and Ulbrich and let them bring in a top notch OC. But if he (Raheem) is joined at the hip with Koetter then they can both leave. I would like to see Ulbrich get a chance regardless what happens to everybody else. 

Compared To A Month Ago:

Most important, the Falcons sit 21st in the league in scoring at 24.4 points per game. Morris said he spoke with Koetter about ways to tweak the offense so it can perform to its potential during Sunday’s game against the Minnesota Vikings.

“We want to do some different things that are going to change it up, shake this thing up,” Morris said. “Let’s get our players on the field and get them to do what they do best. My conversations with Dirk are in-line. I have a lot of confidence in Dirk. I know exactly who he is. I’ve worked with him for eight games. I played against him for a bunch more than that going way back to Jacksonville. So, my respect for Dirk and who he can be and what he’s going to be in these upcoming weeks is really high.”

Given that Morris fired special-teams coordinator Ben Kotwica, he was asked why he decided to keep Koetter on for the rest of the season. Despite the offense’s inconsistency at times, Morris said he still has great confidence in his offensive coordinator.

“You’re talking about one of the top, premier coaches in the National Football League over the last however many years that he’s been doing it,” Morris said. “He’s been a coordinator for a long time at a high level. A guy that I respect a lot, learned a lot from over the past year and a half, and I look forward to working with him these 11 games and trying to be our very best self.”

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

He seemed to try to take the high road with his response but the dude is going to cost him a shot as the HC if he continues to ride with him!

No way Raheem has the power to fire anybody. He's strictly a figurehead, not an official part of management with employment termination authority.