Haha - how embarrassing!!!! Fire EVERYONE

matty72780

Taysom Hill had 0 passing TDs up until this game, now he’s got two and completed 70% of his passes. The last time Hill threw a TD pass was 2016 for BYU. That’s how bad our defense is. 

One thing that didn’t help our D was Koetters HORRIBLE play calling (running a sweep on 3rd and 2, WHY!?). D was on the field ALL DAY because Koetter apparently gets paid per 3-and-out (he must be loaded). Everyone has to go - Morris - Koetter - Ulbrich. This team has consistently under performed three years in a row now and then we win meaningless games to put us in a position to where we don’t have the ability to draft an all-star for the following year.

Nothing against Morris, I’m sure he’s a great guy and a capable coordinator, but if you look at his history he has an overall losing record in every capacity (DC, Position Coach, HC) - If your resume supports the fact that you consistently lose why in the world would you ever be able to do anything different? You don’t put your life savings on the horse that always finishes last!

We have a losing culture and everyone who has had any part within this losing mentality and consistently underperforming team has to go. Just another year wasted of a productive Matt Ryan and Julio Jones Career that’s coming to an end, just another year where we’re going to be drafting 16th and just another year of saying “there’s always next year” haha. 

And then to top it all off we get the ball back, and lose the way we always do. Unreal man. Oh well, life goes on and worrying about Falcons football shouldn’t be a part of it. 🙂 

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

This defense is so far from being a problem. Just look at the comparative talent to that on the offense.

Offense is garbage, defense is plenty good enough to win. Period

True, but the defense was the problem on both of his TDs. I don't care what anyone says, Hill is mainly hype. The Saints Fans enjoy beating us, but you can bet they don't want to go into the playoffs without Brees.

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

This defense is so far from being a problem. Just look at the comparative talent to that on the offense.

Offense is garbage, defense is plenty good enough to win. Period

The problem is they’re going to have to gut the team next season.

So I wouldn’t count on this defensive ‘Renaissance’ lasting 

19 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

True, but the defense was the problem on both of his TDs. I don't care what anyone says, Hill is mainly hype. The Saints Fans enjoy beating us, but you can bet they don't want to go into the playoffs without Brees.

The way the Saints handled the Denver game is a solid idea of where Taysom Hill stands as a passer.

The Saints chose to run it and avoid passing as much as they could. When Hill did throw it he wasn't particularly good. That's what will continue to happen when Hill doesn't go against a laughably bad pass defense.

He's lucked out the Falcons are that bad, and that Denver literally played without a QB. The moment NO finds themselves in a hole, they're gonna realize he isn't quite as good when he has to pass. 

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Wanna bet? 

How many of the defensive line do you think they resign? Think they’ll bring in any good pass rushers?

Is Mack gone? Allen?

The Falcons were going to have cap problems before Covid wrecked attendance.

While I don’t think the NFL is going to let the salary cap reflect this years revenue I don’t think they’re going to give the Falcons a complete pass either. 

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

How many of the defensive line do you think they resign? Think they’ll bring in any good pass rushers?

Is Mack gone? Allen?

The Falcons were going to have cap problems before Covid wrecked attendance.

While I don’t think the NFL is going to let the salary cap reflect this years revenue I don’t think they’re going to give the Falcons a complete pass either. 

You said they're gonna gut the team. I'm just betting they won't. The projected cap rn is a farce, some teams are 90 mil over

Our defense played another good game today, especially considering we have gaping holes at DE and FS (and both of those positions got injured this game on top of it). Honestly it's outperforming its talent if anything. Of course it's still not great, but our offense has actually been the one making our defense look bad the last few weeks. It's been a while since that was the case.

What I don't get is why does the offense CONTINUE to look like they're in slow motion?  That entire side of the ball seems like they are indecisive and are too worried about making a mistake.  I don't see any swagger, any confidence, and everyone seems to have a slight bit of confusion.  

And I don't want to say "Koetter sucks" (even though he does), but there is way too much talent on offense to have played like they have this year, for the most part.  

Ryan has usually excelled at no huddle/hurry-up...why in the heck don't they just decide to do this mid-first quarter to shake things up?  

There really isn't an easy answer....we can all posit on what our opinion is...I just don't get it.

2 minutes ago, skullkrusher07 said:

What I don't get is why does the offense CONTINUE to look like they're in slow motion?  That entire side of the ball seems like they are indecisive and are too worried about making a mistake.  I don't see any swagger, any confidence, and everyone seems to have a slight bit of confusion.  

And I don't want to say "Koetter sucks" (even though he does), but there is way too much talent on offense to have played like they have this year, for the most part.  

Ryan has usually excelled at no huddle/hurry-up...why in the heck don't they just decide to do this mid-first quarter to shake things up?  

There really isn't an easy answer....we can all posit on what our opinion is...I just don't get it.

There really is an easy answer though.

7 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

There really is an easy answer though.

What's your opinion....Ryan?  Koetter?  

IMO, Ryan doesn't look confident...like he's unsure of the play or too worried about making a mistake.  It's weird because he was usually fearless and took a lot of chances.  But I guess it does come down to Koetter and his predictable conservative play-calling.  Heck I don't know.  I get too emotional about the team sometimes to see what the truth is.

Just now, skullkrusher07 said:

IMO, Ryan doesn't look confident...like he's unsure of the play or too worried about making a mistake.  It's weird because he was usually fearless and took a lot of chances.  But I guess it does come down to Koetter and his predictable conservative play-calling.  Heck I don't know.  I get too emotional about the team sometimes to see what the truth is.

Koetter. If Ryan is worried it's because he knows this offense doesn't leave him or the WR's with an inch of free space: everything has to be perfect for success to happen. It's Koetter that chooses not to go no-huddle, and it's Koetter's offense that's sucked the confidence out of everyone. I know I wouldn't be confident playing in this offense. None of our guys on offense are being played to their strengths, or put into positions to succeed.

6 minutes ago, skullkrusher07 said:

Ryan isn’t throwing the ball because the receivers aren’t getting open. And not knocking them, hard to get open when the DBs know what’s coming. Vilma called this out throughout the game.

Just now, skullkrusher07 said:

Ryan doesn't look confident because he's been molested by the Saints in both starts this year, and receivers aren't winning one on one battles consistently.  Match that with no running game to take any pressure off, and longer developing plays, it's not a great recipe for consistency.  The team isn't built to match DK's offensive scheme.  

Hill completed 27 passes, that's 8 more completions than us.  But Ryan still threw more yards.  BUT...

Hill rushed for 83 yards.  Ryan rushed for 0.  I'd take sub 50% completions if the guy is willing to step into the hole and go on 3rd and short.  Hill won that game as much as we lost it.  I don't like the Saints any more than the rest of y'all but give the kid his due.  Hill played his tail off and won that rivalry game on the road.  Hate the Saints, fine, but he killed it today.  If our QB stepped forward just a couple times maybe we'd have had a couple more Koo field goals instead of punting so darn much.

At least twice today I saw play action where Ryan faked the handoff to the right and then rolled left to hit a receiver in the flat.  You could time the play with a sundial.  The Saints could have lined up 70 yards downfield and still had time to close and hold it to a 5 yard gain.  

It’s infuriating how outdated, bland, and flat out lazy Koetters play calling is.  I still think he’s sitting up in the booth watching dirty movies 

Edited by Ghosts of Glanville