Johnathon Vilma

6 minutes ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

I cared enough to start a post. You cared enough to comment...

Saw this one coming ha I'm more so confused about all the love from Falcons fans rather than me caring about the commentating itself. I get yall have explained why you felt the need to post about it but again, I think its a bit much and unnecessary. Especially when involving the Taints, like come on. They don't deserve any praise from us and a former Taint player that refers to them as "us/we" during the game is part of that. He didn't do it much, but he did it enough

9 minutes ago, Foo Falcors said:

Saw this one coming ha I'm more so confused about all the love from Falcons fans rather than me caring about the commentating itself. I get yall have explained why you felt the need to post about it but again, I think its a bit much and unnecessary. Especially when involving the Taints, like come on. They don't deserve any praise from us and a former Taint player that refers to them as "us/we" during the game is part of that. He didn't do it much, but he did it enough

I understand that. I personally expected him to suck them dry, but he didn't. He talked better about Matt Ryan then most on this board. 

Also talked about what falcons needed to do to get back in the game. Never talked as if we were screwed from the get go. Over all thought he did a good job and wanted to commend him for it. He'll never read this and wouldn't care if he did. Just got I chose to spend my time this evening

Told you guys, Vilma more than likely knows more about Koetter’s offense than every other NFL color commentator not named Romo.

While there are some areas he can improve upon, he has the potential to be a VERY good color commentator. Very happy for him.

2 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Dude was a Academic All American at Miami and had a 3.5 gpa. I believe he graduated in 3 years. Real smart and a very humble guy too

Having a photographic memory helps too

:lol:

3 hours ago, shc said:

He called one of our games earlier in the season and was fair and objective.  

wow didnt know that. if that is the case then ill say he is doing pretty good then. I could see where it is hard to talk about the falcons since they wasnt giving them really anything to talk about. until the 4th

1 hour ago, Falconcheff said:

Vilma has been excellent, objective, even complimentary of the Falcons as warranted, in both games he's done.  It took me also by surprise the first time; this second time I had hopes and he didn't disappoint. As it stands now, I'd welcome Vilma in the booth for any Falcon game...

Yep. I remember when they announced him on that first game did and was thinking I might have to mute, but he was good. 

20 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

Yeah, he was almost totally objective and fair. I didn't expect that. Good for him. Roddy White wouldn't have been lol

Thought the same thing.  I am pretty objective but if I had to do that for a rivalry game, it wouldn’t be fair, and I didn’t play for any team.  Was a pleasant surprise, didn’t expect it when I heard he was calling the game.