Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

Never thought I'd say it but he's done a good job being fair for this game. Love him calling out Dirk on his genius game plan

I will have to disagree. He would go on and on about the team that he played with (understandable since that's mainly what he knows) but when it came to talking about the falcons it was followed with back handed comments. 

Aside from him give credit to julio and ridley I dont think he really did that good at saying stats and giving info about the home team. If it wasn't for the logo on the field and if I was a new fan I would have assumed the Aints had a home game.

 

Edit: I will say I do see the room for him to improve because he did something really well. I would like to hear from him on a game thats not his old team. I feel that way it doesn't feel one sided. 

Edited by AllStarHandyMan
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I thought I was going to hate him during the broadcast but found myself impressed with his breakdowns of coverages. I forgot how smart he was when he played.

Dude was a Academic All American at Miami and had a 3.5 gpa. I believe he graduated in 3 years. Real smart and a very humble guy too

Link to post
Share on other sites

**** yall think your giving the dude enough love? Not something worth mentioning from this game. Doesn't take smarts to realize the Falcons offensive game plan is terrible. Regardless of how he did who tf cares enough to talk about it after the game? 

I guess it goes to show how terrible announcers are that when you hear one you like you wanna praise em but still.

P.S. Hes a former Taint, so **** em regardless

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

Never thought I'd say it but he's done a good job being fair for this game. Love him calling out Dirk on his genius game plan

Yeah, he was almost totally objective and fair. I didn't expect that. Good for him. Roddy White wouldn't have been lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Foo Falcors said:

**** yall think your giving the dude enough love? Not something worth mentioning from this game. Doesn't take smarts to realize the Falcons offensive game plan is terrible. Regardless of how he did who tf cares enough to talk about it after the game? 

I guess it goes to show how terrible announcers are that when you hear one you like you wanna praise em but still.

P.S. Hes a former Taint, so **** em regardless

It's just because everyone expected him to be biased and he wasn't. It wasn't anything to do with his skill as a commentator. He was actively calling plays in our favor saying they were clear penalties on the Saints when there were. Former players have a hard time being unbiased calling their former teams games, especially if they are playing their most hated rival. It's certainly worth noting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fuego said:

What did he say about DK specifically.

Basically his offense was way too predictable. Needed to change up timing or routes because the saints were jumping them. And something along the lines of being surprised that his offense was so flat. I'm paraphrasing that last one

Edited by dodge_birds_fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Foo Falcors said:

**** yall think your giving the dude enough love? Not something worth mentioning from this game. Doesn't take smarts to realize the Falcons offensive game plan is terrible. Regardless of how he did who tf cares enough to talk about it after the game? 

I guess it goes to show how terrible announcers are that when you hear one you like you wanna praise em but still.

P.S. Hes a former Taint, so **** em regardless

I cared enough to start a post. You cared enough to comment...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

I will have to disagree. He would go on and on about the team that he played with (understandable since that's mainly what he knows) but when it came to talking about the falcons it was followed with back handed comments. 

Aside from him give credit to julio and ridley I dont think he really did that good at saying stats and giving info about the home team. If it wasn't for the logo on the field and if I was a new fan I would have assumed the Aints had a home game.

 

Edit: I will say I do see the room for him to improve because he did something really well. I would like to hear from him on a game thats not his old team. I feel that way it doesn't feel one sided. 

He called one of our games earlier in the season and was fair and objective.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...