Y’all still want Raheem as HC?

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Righted the ship after 0-5 and went 4-3. Could have easily been 6-1 with better player execution on two plays. All with a Dimi roster. Totally turned the defense around. Played the Aints close both times. Has HC experience. Been a coach on both sides of the ball. Quick to fire slackers like Takk. Gets his players to play to the final whistle in every game. Yeah he should be on the short list with some of these TATF HC dream boys that have zero NFL HC experience.

Everybody want the hot coordinator. Them dudes tend to flame out. Quinn was a hot coordinator. I want a leader, communicator and a manager. A good manager can always find good coordinators. Tomlin, Harbaugh and Carroll have done it for years and their teams are always in the playoffs.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

90% of the problems are Koetter

Everybody want the hot coordinator. Them dudes tend to flame out. Quinn was a hot coordinator. I want a leader, communicator and a manager. A good manager can always find good coordinators. Tomlin, Ha

It’s funny, they go no huddle with Matt calling the plays and drive right down the field.... 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

Everybody want the hot coordinator. Them dudes tend to flame out. Quinn was a hot coordinator. I want a leader, communicator and a manager. A good manager can always find good coordinators. Tomlin, Harbaugh and Carroll have done it for years and their teams are always in the playoffs.

Boom. TATF will always go for the microwave solution. TATF sucks bro.

50 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

The same OC who blew the call in the fourth and could not manage to score in the second half of the SB? lol. Falcons have always had good offenses and bad defenses. I personally think you need to hire the best HC vs the best coordinator regardless of the side of the ball he coaches on. 

So you think Morris is the best coach out there??

hahahahaha

51 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Righted the ship after 0-5 and went 4-3. Could have easily been 6-1 with better player execution on two plays. All with a Dimi roster. Totally turned the defense around. Played the Aints close both times. Has HC experience. Been a coach on both sides of the ball. Quick to fire slackers like Takk. Gets his players to play to the final whistle in every game. Yeah he should be on the short list with some of these TATF HC dream boys that have zero NFL HC experience.

Same think happend with Quinn last year?? how that's going ??? 

We need fresh blood... I don't care if its a hot coordinator or someone with HC expirience but get someone new...

3 hours ago, arrogantBEAST said:

I can agree with that. But if he doesn’t have that authority as “interim?”

Your observation as to that possibility would then insinuate that Morriss is not, in fact, the HC of the team.....but instead, a mere figurehead with no power over Koetter, at the very least.

If that's the case then two people made a mistake:  Morriss for taking the interim HC job on the premise he is basically interviewing for the HC job, when what he is really doing is just 'playing out the string' and has no real HC authority at all......

....and Arthur Blank, for 'promoting' Morriss to find out if Morriss is indeed a good coach, then inhibiting Morriss ability to do that by placing restrictions on Morriss' ability to make HC decisions.

I see both of those -possible- scenarios as being unrealistic.  

2 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

So who then? 

19 minutes ago, BirdzEyeView said:

Can't argue against that...the defense has definitely improved over the last few weeks. 

I just think we need to divorce ourselves completely from any and all remnants of the Dan Quinn Era and start with completely new coaching and GM regime.  

I’m good with that, but who? It seems like nobody has any solid options as of right now. No daylight. 

6 hours ago, matty72780 said:

No chance. Never did. Nothing against Raheem but he’s a career .350 win % coach, why would he be capable of taking us to a SB if he can’t even win half his games!? Nothing against Morris, but this is the third year in a row we’ve collapsed through the first half of an NFL season. We should not retain ANY of the coaches that have had anything to do with this consistently underperforming team. Everyone has to go - if we retain any of these coaches were retaining the losing culture we currently have. 

You need context. They cut and moved majority of the leader and vets from that Bucs team. They were rebuilding and that’s why they sucked. 

Edited by NWFALCON
6 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It’s funny, they go no huddle with Matt calling the plays and drive right down the field.... 

it felt like 2013 -2014 all over again. 

1.  We get embarrased offensively all game. 

2.  ryan goes no huddle and brings us back withing a few points of the lead. 

3.  On the fiinal drive we get to the 10-20 yard line, Dirk calls for huddle and proceeds to **** us.

I was ashamed of myself for putting my mind through it.  

7 hours ago, matty72780 said:

No chance. Never did. Nothing against Raheem but he’s a career .350 win % coach, why would he be capable of taking us to a SB if he can’t even win half his games!? Nothing against Morris, but this is the third year in a row we’ve collapsed through the first half of an NFL season. We should not retain ANY of the coaches that have had anything to do with this consistently underperforming team. Everyone has to go - if we retain any of these coaches were retaining the losing culture we currently have. 

By this logic, Bill Belichick would never have been offered the HC job with the Patriots.  It amazes me so many people ignore any context to a situation. If you think Raheem's first stint as a HC is the only data you can use to evaluate his ability to lead a team, it's intellectually dishonest.  Morris has impressed me, and he has grown as a coach.  Remember, he requested to coach receivers when he Robiskie left, specifically to help build his knowledge that he didn't have.  He embraced it, and he is a better coach for it.  He has definitely put himself in the discussion, with 4 games to go, and if he continues to do what he's doing, I would have no issue with him being the HC.  

10 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Seen a ton of folks in here clamoring for Raheem to be retained. Y’all still keeping that same energy?

I have been on board with everything he's done to turn this team around in the short time he's had with such a debilitating handcuff at OC, EXCEPT for the early gaffe at Detroit and the abysmal Saints games...being okay with doing the same dmn thing but expecting different results for 8 quarters against another team is definitely concerning...in light of that, the only action that will cement my stance on keeping Raheem is if he relieves Koetter of playcalling duties.  Apart from that, I don't think we even win enough games for him to be given serious consideration during the process...  

That said, Rah is technically the perfect HC candidate...has experience coaching both sides of the ball, comes from great Coaching Tree mentoring, has HC mentality and presence; has HC experience, both good and bad, that he can derive from... With the right Coordinators, I think he WILL make some team a contender, and I truly hope it's us...at least with Raheem we've seen the upside of what we can get; who knows how a Bieniemy or another first time HC will make the transition from Coordinator to HC?

Give me Raheem (HC), Mike Lafleur (OC) and Vic Fangio or Wade Philips and let's roll...

I don't get why so many of you guys want a HC to call the offensive plays; that's what an Offensive Coordinator is for.  A Head Coach manages the team and the game as a whole; most positional HC's (especially offensive ones) by necessity neglect the other side of the ball while working between drives on the side of the ball they're responsible for...

13 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

He hasn’t righted ****.   He has 4 wins against terrible to meh teams.  Can’t close out games still and his teams lost TWICE to a TE playing QB to our biggest rival.  

Being in new blood. Purge this franchise of all the 28-3 goons that have embarrassed this team for the past 4 years.

9 hours ago, blutarski said:

By this logic, Bill Belichick would never have been offered the HC job with the Patriots.  It amazes me so many people ignore any context to a situation. If you think Raheem's first stint as a HC is the only data you can use to evaluate his ability to lead a team, it's intellectually dishonest.  Morris has impressed me, and he has grown as a coach.  Remember, he requested to coach receivers when he Robiskie left, specifically to help build his knowledge that he didn't have.  He embraced it, and he is a better coach for it.  He has definitely put himself in the discussion, with 4 games to go, and if he continues to do what he's doing, I would have no issue with him being the HC.  

No I go by what he is doing now which is the same **** this team was doing when Captain Platitudes was running the ship.  Can’t close out games. Defense making rookie/backups look like all pros.   Guy needs to go.  

15 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Tired of  "kept fighting" ... How about "start winning" ... When did this fan base get so comfortable with mediocrity ????? 

The TD lovers love mediocrity. Go find the best GM HC and draft the future QB and find some decent edge rushers for the first time in three decades. TROFFED