Jump to content

Matt Ryan - Captain Field Goal


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

probably my biggest criticism of him - for 13yrs, we settle for way too many field goals.   I know not all his fault.   hasn't had very many good OCs in his tenure other than Shannahan but he bares a

NFL Ranks of % of Red Zone Trips Resulting in Touchdowns 2008: 12th 2009: 14th 2010: 7th 2011: 13th 2012: 10th 2013: 22nd 2014: 6th 2015: 18th 2016: 8th 2017: 23rd 2018: 10th 2019:

Ryan didn’t hate Shanny’s offense at all. There was one quote about him not liking completely turning his back to the defense on PA and how he was having to adjust but that’s it. There’s even a clip f

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

probably my biggest criticism of him - for 13yrs, we settle for way too many field goals.   I know not all his fault.   hasn't had very many good OCs in his tenure other than Shannahan but he bares a lot of blame as well - so does Offensive Line.

WRs need to get open and help the man out too. But playcalling has been awful 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

It's Koetter. Always been field goals. The death now for Dan Quinn was rehiring Dirk

yeah saw a play earlier in this drive when Matt takes a sack - no short pass option - everyone went 15+ yds down the field on vertical routes - nowhere to throw the ball.

Koetter is awful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

yeah saw a play earlier in this drive when Matt takes a sack - no short pass option - everyone went 15+ yds down the field on vertical routes - nowhere to throw the ball.

Koetter is awful.

Whoever made the decision to rehire Dirk should be wrote out on a rail even if it was Arthur blank I demand new ownership 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

probably my biggest criticism of him - for 13yrs, we settle for way too many field goals.   I know not all his fault.   hasn't had very many good OCs in his tenure other than Shannahan but he bares a lot of blame as well - so does Offensive Line.

Posted this same argument in the "Let's Be Clear About the Offense" and got people criticizing it without any counter evidence. My exact statement was "I frequently notice the Falcons have scored more often than their opponent, but either don't lead by much or are behind on the scoreboard. "

Today's Game:

New Orleans - 2 scores - 14 points

Atlanta - 3 scores - 9 points

TATF loves to miss the forest for the trees, wanting to 'debate' whether Ryan is to blame (hint- the QB is kinda important to the Offense, so yeah, the QB shoulders some responsibility for how much the Offense scores) and refusing to acknowledge the fact that this team too frequently ends up with sufficient scoring drives and insufficient points. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Posted this same argument in the "Let's Be Clear About the Offense" and got people criticizing it without any counter evidence. My exact statement was "I frequently notice the Falcons have scored more often than their opponent, but either don't lead by much or are behind on the scoreboard. "

Today's Game:

New Orleans - 2 scores - 14 points

Atlanta - 3 scores - 9 points

TATF loves to miss the forest for the trees, wanting to 'debate' whether Ryan is to blame (hint- the QB is kinda important to the Offense, so yeah, the QB shoulders some responsibility for how much the Offense scores) and refusing to acknowledge the fact that this team too frequently ends up with sufficient scoring drives and insufficient points. 

Did Rid drop a TD? 
 

forest for the trees, huh? Also pretty sure you got quiet in that thread after seeing the common denominator in those “down years”

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Did Rid drop a TD? 
 

forest for the trees, huh? Also pretty sure you got quiet in that thread after seeing the common denominator in those “down years”

Actually, i kept posting. Over more than a decade, the Falcons have proven to be AVERAGE (15th) in Red Zone Efficiency, despite having an MVP QB and a WR considered to be the best at his position over his career. 

Yep, Ridley dropped a TD. JJ has done the same. The question isn't whether anyone else (OL, WRs, OC) is to blame, but rather the QB should be held accountable at all. 

What say ye? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Actually, i kept posting. Over more than a decade, the Falcons have proven to be AVERAGE (15th) in Red Zone Efficiency, despite having an MVP QB and a WR considered to be the best at his position over his career. 

Yep, Ridley dropped a TD. JJ has done the same. The question isn't whether anyone else (OL, WRs, OC) is to blame, but rather the QB should be held accountable at all. 

What say ye? 

I say if you’re still going to cast a blind eye in DKs direction, what legs are you using to stand on in focusing on the QB?

and PS you never answered the question in that thread after being debunked. You just posted fir the first time 20 minutes ago.. quoting yourself lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...