*** Official Falcons Vs Saints In-Game Thread ***

Monoxide

14 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We'll win 1 more and that 5-11 record could get us a shot at one of the top 3 QBs if our new GM/HC goes in that direction.  I would, let him sit behind Ice until 2022 and then we go full bore on our new franchise QB.

I have a feeling that the salary cap will make this necessary (in addition to being desirable). 

I disagree. While the defense was not stellar, they played well enough to win. 21 points. . .  after that many snaps . . . after that long on the field based on TOP, after that many times on the field due to consistent three and outs by the offense. . . . I don't know man. The defense did well in my mind. There were a few times I wanted more, but considering the level of talent (or lack thereof), especially compared to the offense, the defense did enough to win. They even forced and recovered a fumble in the red zone when it looked like NO would at least get a FG out of it. I don't man. They got 4 consecutive stops down the stretch and held them scoreless since 9:00 left in the 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Once again, I’m saying that a big name WR isn’t necessary to win games or championships. Other teams do it. MOST teams do it. 

And that money and draft capital  could’ve been used to build the defense, and get his replacement either in FA or the draft, at much less money.

But ‘Falcon for life’ and all...

I'll agree that a WR isn't necessary to win a SB. However, just because you have extra draft capital and money doesn't mean it will lead to players that will positively impact this team. There's no guarantees that extra player drafted will do anything in this league. And there are also plenty of FA busts. Just look at Gurley. So you'll end up giving up a player who is a positive on this team for an unknown. If you're fine with that then that's good for you. Now, paying Julio the money he's getting for what he produces might be a diff conversation. 

1 minute ago, Halcon-1 said:

I disagree. While the defense was not stellar, they played well enough to win. 21 points. . .  after that many snaps . . . after that long on the field based on TOP, after that many times on the field due to consistent three and outs by the offense. . . . I don't know man. The defense did well in my mind. There were a few times I wanted more, but considering the level of talent (or lack thereof), especially compared to the offense, the defense did enough to win. They even forced and recovered a fumble in the red zone when it looked like NO would at least get a FG out of it. I don't man. They got 4 consecutive stops down the stretch and held them scoreless since 9:00 left in the 3rd. 

Defence was OK , but too much soft zone and not enough pass rush from front 4 - due to lack of talent. This loss was on the offence. If they control the clock more and score another touchdown this is a different game, obviously. 

48 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Yea Gurley is done, it never pays off to sign a RB with injury issues.

*sigh we should have been running Ito all game long. Coaching is still the biggest issue with this team. Also bench Hurst for chrisakes he has been dreadful the last few weeks. Doesn't hurt to give Graham a shot.

2 minutes ago, EpicBird said:

Defence was OK , but too much soft zone and not enough pass rush from front 4 - due to lack of talent. This loss was on the offence. If they control the clock more and score another touchdown this is a different game, obviously. 

Thanks for perfectly summing up my essay . . . 

7 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Actually they didn't because we learned the rule today. Grant you (there has to be 2 seconds remaining is a dumb*** rule) this isn't a shot clock, we had 1 second left for Christ's sakes. 

Not to mention the NFL clock isn’t a hard time. The game continues until the play is over, even if it takes 30 seconds. 

46 minutes ago, jidady said:

We were trying to burn NO's timeouts before we'd scored, which is a perfect example of putting the cart before the horse. We had them on their heels.

That's the worst playcall of the year, and I say that about a 4-7 team that has blown three massive leads.

Running out the clock makes perfect sense. Problem is putting in the gimp to get two yards instead of the dude that's been running his *** off the last two games. 

1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

This offense is straight garbage. 3rd and 8 and Ryan throws it 3 yards to the point where Julio is like yeah I’m not catching that. 

He did that several times in the game, Hurst dropped that too, he was like I ain't getting hurt over a 2 yard pass. 

21 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

*sigh we should have been running Ito all game long. Coaching is still the biggest issue with this team. Also bench Hurst for chrisakes he has been dreadful the last few weeks. Doesn't hurt to give Graham a shot.

Yeah Hurst and Gurley complete Busts so far..

6 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I missed that, still, the idea is not wrong but if Gurley is your option and he can't walk let alone run then you go to someone or something else. 

Giving the ball to Hill does make more sense.

Then again...I think you trust your fairly highly paid rb to fall forward

A bright note is that Ryan put up 45 more passing yards than Hill.  

But Matt, if you're out there, 49% don't cut it if you're not going to carry the ball.  

Taysom Hill threw 73% to 7 different targets.  Carried for an additional 80 yards.  In Matt Ryan's House. 

Come Friggin' On!  

Secondary didn't help, literally did not help.  But refusing to carry the ball into a gigantic gap in a 1 score game is shameful.