*** Official Falcons Vs Saints In-Game Thread ***

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody ran the wrong route, Jon. Our design is for sh**.

I’m not even sure I’d know where to start.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Just a point of order here:

There are 15 teams with winning records in the NFL right now, none of whom  have Julio Jones. They seem to be doing fine without him, or his massive contract. 

Unless you're saying each of those 15 teams wouldn't take a Julio, then what point exactly are you trying to make.

But back to the original topic, we 'hung' 36 points on the Raiders because they were bad and continually got the ball inside the 30. 5 turnovers tends to have that effect.

14 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

How is it the worst?

We had success that drive on running inside 

Even if he got nothing it is 4th and 2 vs 4th and 9

The call was fine....the bounce attempt was not 

We weren't running the ball to score a TD. We were running to get them to take another timeout. On top of that, NO knew the run was coming since DK is so predictable. So, they were ready for it and had penetration. On top of that, it was a repeat of the 2nd and 2 which saw Gurley met behind the line and fight to gain no yardage.

If you watch the play again, you'll notice that Gurley's lead blocker gets ignored because he wasn't in-line. He was motioning from the other side. So, the defensive end doesn't even have to do anything to get penetration. Gurley and him are facing each other. His dive is what pushes Gurley back, forcing the bounce attempt. Gurley's mistake on the play was to keep fighting, but he'd already been positioned to lose by the playcall.

4 minutes ago, zekeyboy1 said:

We still have a shot at Trey Lance..Its time to find our QB of the future..

We'll win 1 more and that 5-11 record could get us a shot at one of the top 3 QBs if our new GM/HC goes in that direction.  I would, let him sit behind Ice until 2022 and then we go full bore on our new franchise QB.

7 minutes ago, zekeyboy1 said:

We'll win 1 more and that 5-11 record could get us a shot at one of the top 3 QBs if our new GM/HC goes in that direction.  I would, let him sit behind Ice until 2022 and then we go full bore on our new franchise QB.

1 minute ago, jidady said:

We weren't running the ball to score a TD. We were running to get them to take another timeout. On top of that, NO knew the run was coming since DK is so predictable. So, they were ready for it and had penetration. On top of that, it was a repeat of the 2nd and 2 which saw Gurley met behind the line and fight to gain no yardage.

If you watch the play again, you'll notice that Gurley's lead blocker gets ignored because he wasn't in-line. He was motioning from the other side. So, defensive end doesn't even have to do anything to get penetration. Gurley and him are facing each other. His dive is what pushes Gurley back, forcing the bounce attempt. Gurley's mistake on the play was to keep fighting, but he'd already been positioned to lose by the playcall.

Didn't need a TD there....even if he fell forward it is at worst a gain of nothing...or he gets close to the first

Again we had success with that play earlier In the drive.

Wasn't a bad play call at all.

The bouncing outside and then going out of bounds was the culprit in it 

17 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Just a point of order here:

There are 15 teams with winning records in the NFL right now, none of whom  have Julio Jones. They seem to be doing fine without him, or his massive contract. 

Well if course none of them have Julio Jones because there is in fact only one Julio Jones. But if you're trying to say Julio's contract is hindering us, there are plenty of other receivers getting paid

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Didn't need a TD there....even if he fell forward it is at worst a gain of nothing...or he gets close to the first

Again we had success with that play earlier In the drive.

Wasn't a bad play call at all.

It's fine that we agree to disagree, but I say again that we ran the same play without success on 2nd and 2. Then, we made it worse by giving a DE a straight look at the ball carrier. Running the ball worked earlier in the drive because we weren't at a short field, which circles back to our consistent red zone failures this season. Teams take advantage of our predictability better in tight quarters.

If you like the call, I still dig you. I'm just not with you on this one.

7 minutes ago, zekeyboy1 said:

17 minutes ago, Fiercefalcon said:

Unless you're saying each of those 15 teams wouldn't take a Julio, then what point exactly are you trying to make.

But back to the original topic, we 'hung' 36 points on the Raiders because they were bad and continually got the ball inside the 30. 5 turnovers tends to have that effect.

The point is, an all pro WR isn’t necessary to have a winning team, or a SB winning team.

Second, hang him out there for trade, with his massive contract, his age, his never ending injury bug history, his not practicing, taking himself out of the game in the middle of drives, his inability to score TDs consistently,  and see how many teams offer anything of value for him. 

If you got a 1 from a winning team (bottom half round one), I’d be shocked.  The time to trade him was before the ridiculous contract. 

2 minutes ago, Norwood all the way! said:

Well if course none of them have Julio Jones because there is in fact only one Julio Jones. But if you're trying to say Julio's contract is hindering us, there are plenty of other receivers getting paid

Once again, I’m saying that a big name WR isn’t necessary to win games or championships. Other teams do it. MOST teams do it. 

And that money and draft capital  could’ve been used to build the defense, and get his replacement either in FA or the draft, at much less money.

But ‘Falcon for life’ and all...

3 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

The point is, an all pro WR isn’t necessary have a winning team, or a SB winning team.

Second, hang him out there for trade, with his massive contract, his age, his never ending injury bug history, his not practicing, taking himself out of the game in the middle of drives, his inability to score TDs consistently,  and see how many teams offer anything of value for him. 

If you got a 1 from a winning team (bottom half round one), I’d be shocked.  The time to trade him was before the ridiculous contract. 

A lot of things aren't necessary for a winning team, but certain players sure make it easier. WR is one of those positions. You just saw what Thomas was able to do for Taysom Hill.