12 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

I know we'll need to replace Gurley this off-season. While I wouldn't complain about Najee in the 2nd, I'm still holding out hope we get a high end DE and true single high FS early. Javian Hawkins is a guy I havent seen much hype for but I'm a fan of his game.

I know this kid from BUF Patterson isn’t going to be there in the 3rd, but **** that would be a nice weapon. 
Yeah, I like Hawkins a lot too. 
Javian-Hawkins.gif

1 hour ago, ShaneFalco said:

I know this kid from BUF Patterson isn’t going to be there in the 3rd, but **** that would be a nice weapon. 
Javian-Hawkins.gif

Him.  Or Javonte Williams in the 3rd would be ideal.  Both guys break tons of tackles.  I like Williams size and speed a bit more, but that’s just me.  Also love Hubbard for his uncommon speed.  

• 4 months later...

I just want to bring back up Javian Hawkins. 

He's honestly one of my favorite RBs in the class and I still don't think enough people are aware of him. His contact balance, vision, and elusiveness are all elite imo. 

After looking at the class more, I think it's likely he goes in the 4th instead of the 3rd but I think he would be a fantastic compliment to Mike Davis. 

On 12/4/2020 at 12:45 AM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Another great option is Kenneth again well.  He has the potential to rush for 1,000 yards and also get 1,000 yards receiving.  And Gainwell is an All Time great RB name

This is my favorite back. Ive heard he has put on weight. A bigger, faster Devonte Freeman

I think Javian Hawkins has stellar vision that pairs well with his insane ability to cut on a dime. His acceleration is pretty special as well. Just an all around playmaker, but the thing is that he’s a complimentary piece. No way is he built for pass protection and every down play. But he is a special player. 

I like Kenneth Gainwell too. Both of them could compliment Davis very well. I just think Gainwell has a little more upside as a durable, everydown back. 

On 12/3/2020 at 8:06 PM, Artys Arryn said:

I know we'll need to replace Gurley this off-season. While I wouldn't complain about Najee in the 2nd, I'm still holding out hope we get a high end DE and true single high FS early. Javian Hawkins is a guy I havent seen much hype for but I'm a fan of his game.

you misspelled "Favorite UDFA" RB Prospect

On 12/3/2020 at 10:21 PM, ShaneFalco said:

Javian-Hawkins.gif

Patterson should easily be there in the 3rd, maybe even early 4th. The best ranking he has on value boards is like 9th best RB, but most have him between 11-20.

I do like Patterson though, along with Hawkins and Gainwell.

On 12/4/2020 at 12:38 AM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Him.  Or Javonte Williams in the 3rd would be ideal.  Both guys break tons of tackles.  I like Williams size and speed a bit more, but that’s just me.  Also love Hubbard for his uncommon speed.  

Well, I was going down to say what you said,, I like this RB best for where he is going.. But there are many very good big backs in the latter rounds also. Javonte Williams is the #1 back on my board..  just because he will be a better deal than Najee.. I love how Williams runs and is a huge back also.. Power and balance ,, A BIG BACK. Man I hope we get this player. 

Khalil Herbert is one of the most slept on RB in the draft. Top tier vision and patience. 4.44 speed with above average hands. Only negative I see is pass pro which isn't all too bad(looked better at it during sr bowl). He is a blend of D. Freeman and Tevin Coleman. While not as shifty as Freeman, he has good cod skills. Herbert's ability to stick his foot in the ground and explode north and south is erily similar to Coleman. 

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons OL coach was Hawkins OC last two seasons at Louisville. He will probably know more about him than most scouts. I think Hawkins will probably go in 5-6 rounds or may be 4th.

This^^  I like Hawkins but I think he is more a 5th or 6th round pick.  Not a 3rd.   

On 12/4/2020 at 12:38 AM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Williams is my favorite back in this class.  I don't know that he is lasting till the 3rd though.   If he does, I'd take him in a heartbeat and be thrilled.  

2 hours ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

Williams is my favorite back in this class.  I don't know that he is lasting till the 3rd though.   If he does, I'd take him in a heartbeat and be thrilled.  

I doubt it too. But we do have the 4th pick in the third round also.. So.... Hmmm.. just maybe. But if we really want him I'd say we'd have to take him sooner. Or else he'll be gone.  We would have to draft him with our pick 36, in the second round.

18 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I doubt it too. But we do have the 4th pick in the third round also.. So.... Hmmm.. just maybe. But if we really want him I'd say we'd have to take him sooner. Or else he'll be gone.  We would have to draft him with our pick 36, in the second round.

I would have absolutely no problem taking Javonte Williams in the 2nd. He’s my favorite back in this class. I get a Warrick Dunn feel from  Gainwell, which doesn’t bother me at all

5 hours ago, Romfal said:

you misspelled "Favorite UDFA" RB Prospect

I would be absolutely shocked if he went undrafted. He isn't a 30 touch a game RB but he will be a fantastic piece in a RBBC. 

7 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

I think Javian Hawkins has stellar vision that pairs well with his insane ability to cut on a dime. His acceleration is pretty special as well. Just an all around playmaker, but the thing is that he’s a complimentary piece. No way is he built for pass protection and every down play. But he is a special player. 

I really like Kenneth Gainwell too. Both of them could compliment Davis very well. I just think Gainwell has a little more upside as a durable, everydown back. 

Well said @A-TowN.- both the positive and negative. He doesn't have the size to consistently block free rushers. But I have no doubt he will make highlight reel plays on Sundays. 

I also really like Gainwell. He wows me a little less but is a much better receiver, route runner, and pass protector than Hawkins. 

1 hour ago, Artys Arryn said:

I would be absolutely shocked if he went undrafted. He isn't a 30 touch a game RB but he will be a fantastic piece in a RBBC. 

Well said @A-TowN.- both the positive and negative. He doesn't have the size to consistently block free rushers. But I have no doubt he will make highlight reel plays on Sundays. 

I also really like Gainwell. He wows me a little less but is a much better receiver, route runner, and pass protector than Hawkins. 

yeah I guess I am a bit harsh on the undrafted but the 3rd is way too early IMO. to me he is a 6th or later type of player. Sure he is pretty much Tarik Cohen in size and measurements but I would have liked to see better receiving out the backfield, he only has 20 career catches, in the NFL hes going to get a 1 to 1 ratio at least. Cohen was a better football player coming out and he went in the late 4th.

I'm not sure his running style will work well vs good defenses. See Notre Dame game. He is the type of player teams will need to scheme 5 plays a game for on clear passing downs. 

you can label me a hater, I'm just trying to be realistic with a player like him based on historic precedent. 

2 hours ago, Romfal said:

yeah I guess I am a bit harsh on the undrafted but the 3rd is way too early IMO. to me he is a 6th or later type of player. Sure he is pretty much Tarik Cohen in size and measurements but I would have liked to see better receiving out the backfield, he only has 20 career catches, in the NFL hes going to get a 1 to 1 ratio at least. Cohen was a better football player coming out and he went in the late 4th.

I'm not sure his running style will work well vs good defenses. See Notre Dame game. He is the type of player teams will need to scheme 5 plays a game for on clear passing downs. 

you can label me a hater, I'm just trying to be realistic with a player like him based on historic precedent. 

3rd was a little overly optimistic on my part in December. His pass pro just isn't good enough and it lowers him to a 4th imo. I think his receiving ability is under showcased but he didn't have an issue with drops, he just wasn't asked to do it. 

Not labeling you a hater, you have valid points. I just think his talent and vision elevate him to a 10-12 touch per game weapon. Cohen is actually a pretty good comp imo.