Oh yeah, Jaylinn Hawkins...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All of which he got absolutely roasted for on draft day.

TD's going away present to us might be AJ, Hawkins, and Walker. 

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

TD has been money in rounds 3-6, his kryptonite was always the first 2 rounds. Would love to draft paris ford and pair him with either Hawkins or Neal depending on how the cap looks. 

meh....Dimitroff was GM for 13 years.  

Dimitroff was 9/13 in the 1st round.  That is far better than most GMs.

54 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Dimi left us in a lurch. 32 players under contract in 2021 and $25M over the cap. We'll likely have to cut five guys to save some space. Better hope the league raises the projected cap. If they don't, we'll feel the effects of a true Troff situation. Trust me.

With that said I like Hawkins. Mocked Neal in the second but we reached in the first. Love what he's doing this year though. He will be too expensive. Him and Suave will likely be gone. Get ready for some young safeties that will struggle against A List QBs.

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dimi left us in a lurch. 32 players under contract in 2021 and $25M over the cap. We will likely have to cut five guys to save some space. Better hope the league raises the projected cap. If they don't we will feel the effects of a Troff situation. Trust me.

With that said I like Hawkins. Mocked Neal in the 2016 but we reached in the first. Love what he's doing this year though. He will be too expensive. Him and Suave will likely be gone. Get ready for some young safeties that will struggle against A List QBs.

Are they going to struggle as Suave Struggles?? cause I would take that... I just want my safety to have more range.. and to look for the play not just wait for it to come.. want a true FS... 

2 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

Are they going to struggle as Suave Struggles?? cause I would take that... I just want my safety to have more range.. and to look for the play not just wait for it to come.. want a true FS... 

Suave is nowhere near a true FS. Just a TATF Hard Knock Hero. The day we get a real FS TATF will realize.

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Dimi left us in a lurch. 32 players under contract in 2021 and $25M over the cap. We'll likely have to cut five guys to save some space. Better hope the league raises the projected cap. If they don't, we'll feel the effects of a true Troff situation. Trust me.

With that said I like Hawkins. Mocked Neal in the second but we reached in the first. Love what he's doing this year though. He will be too expensive. Him and Suave will likely be gone. Get ready for some young safeties that will struggle against A List QBs.

what part of 9-for-13 don't you understand?  did I stutter?

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

what part of 9-for-13 don't you understand?  did I stutter?

What exactly is 9-for-13 bro? Something Dimi related I'm sure. If so talk to the hand.

Buddy went 56-24 (.700) in his first five years with four playoff berths and players he inherited from McKay and Reeves.

When he replaced those players with his guys he went 53-64 (.453) the next eight years with just two playoff berths. 

Troffed.

5 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I merely pointed out the guys who are making headway, There is not enough Hennessey to make a determination yet. I think he will pan out but we need to see more. 

Honestly he needs a full offseason, a normal offseason to gain strength and get some true reps in. 

Too early too really tell what they have or don't have in him.

51 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

Honestly he needs a full offseason, a normal offseason to gain strength and get some true reps in. 

Too early too really tell what they have or don't have in him.

I agree, at least we didnt just throw him out there and have him steam rolled, have to imagine he has learned alot this year.

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I haven't watched as much Falcons this year as normal.    

Are people down on Matt Hennessey?   I know he didn't win a starting job at LG but played some and not well.   What is general thoughts on the board now?  Do most still have hope for him being a player?

A year or so away. Looked like a high schooler out there. If we dont run outside some he will struggle. Scheme dependent. 

14 hours ago, g-dawg said:

His busts are Baker, Jelly belly, Featherspoon, Bustly, and Takkarbage. So he is 9-14 on first rounders. 

Second rounds look ugly. Konz, Oliver, Collins, and Hageman ended up being busts or on their way to bust. Moore had an injury riddled career, and the jury is out on Marlon Davidson so he is 4-8.

Those were his roughest rounds IMO. 

13 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

What exactly is 9-for-13 bro? Something Dimi related I'm sure. If so talk to the hand.

Buddy went 56-24 (.700) in his first five years with four playoff berths and players he inherited from McKay and Reeves.

When he replaced those players with his guys he went 53-64 (.453) the next eight years with just two playoff berths. 

Troffed.

Acting like Turner wasn’t the lifeblood of this team 08-12 

who signed him and drafted Ryan? 

inherited from Reeves?

wut?

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Acting like Turner wasn’t the lifeblood of this team 08-12 

who signed him and drafted Ryan? 

inherited from Reeves?

wut?

What in the world would Dimi have done without Abe, Roddy, Grimes, Ovie, Babineaux, Mud Duck, Clabo, Dahl, Blalock, Jenkins, Snelling, Nic, Weems, Norwood, Fin, Brooking, Milloy, Boley, Chauncey, Weiner and Grady? Probably go 53-64(.453), miss six of eight postseasons and lose his job.