Oh yeah, Jaylinn Hawkins...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All of which he got absolutely roasted for on draft day.

TD's going away present to us might be AJ, Hawkins, and Walker. 

5 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I think he should start at SS, let Neal walk this off-season and draft FS Andre Cisco. Perfect safety duo for the next 5-7 yrs.

Man I hope we keep Neal...When healthy he is a top notch SS (only 25 yrs old). Let Gurley, Hill, Fowler, Mack, Allen, Kazee, and Schaub all ride into the sunset.

1 hour ago, slick0ne said:

Man I hope we keep Neal...When healthy he is a top notch SS (only 25 yrs old). Let Gurley, Hill, Fowler, Mack, Allen, Kazee, and Schaub all ride into the sunset.

Agree. I would like to see them ink him to a 3 year deal. Hawkins can continue to develop behind him and *maybe* become his replacement if it makes sense in a few years.

1 hour ago, slick0ne said:

He's a good player overall, he hits hard, closes fast, but I need more playmaking from that position. He's still liable in coverage and I'm not sure if he'll ever be the same. If we can get him on a reasonable contract then maybe, but if not I'll just Belichick him before it's too late.

Hawkins has made some very good plays in very limited time. He was that way in college. I'm very high on him, I just think we lucked up and found a gem and he needs to see the field.

37 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

He's a good player overall, he hits hard, closes fast, but I need more playmaking from that position. He's still liable in coverage and I'm not sure if he'll ever be the same. If we can get him on a reasonable contract then maybe, but if not I'll just Belichick him before it's too late.

Hawkins has made some very good plays in very limited time. He was that way in college. I'm very high on him, I just think we lucked up and found a gem and he needs to see the field.

Please point out another time he stood out during his rookie year so far (outside the sack) that makes you feel like that?

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

TD's going away present to us might be AJ, Hawkins, and Walker. 

I haven't watched as much Falcons this year as normal.    

Are people down on Matt Hennessey?   I know he didn't win a starting job at LG but played some and not well.   What is general thoughts on the board now?  Do most still have hope for him being a player?

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

I haven't watched as much Falcons this year as normal.    

Are people down on Matt Hennessey?   I know he didn't win a starting job at LG but played some and not well.   What is general thoughts on the board now?  Do most still have hope for him being a player?

I merely pointed out the guys who are making headway, There is not enough Hennessey to make a determination yet. I think he will pan out but we need to see more. 

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I merely pointed out the guys who are making headway, There is not enough Hennessey to make a determination yet. I think he will pan out but we need to see more. 

ok thanks WFW...

I am holding out hope that he is long-term answer at Center.   Predict whether he is ready or not he might be in 2021.  

1 hour ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

If you pair him with a great coverage FS it would work. If he comes cheap, which I think he probably would, we should keep him, at least to have depth there at SS.

4 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

I would figure out a way to have Neal in run support and situational blitzing in some kind of a hybrid LB role. 

We ran a good bit of having 3 safeties on the field vs the Raiders, where Neasman, Neal, and Rico were on the field together. Neal was down in the box during this alignment.