Since EB is the hit name around here. Only rumor

ya_boi_j

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Former Browns GM 

Also former Chiefs GM. Kind of makes me feel like he isn't wanted much around the league. He's had very short stops in both KC and Cle (Cle I think was 2 years?) He hired Kitchens which was a disaster from the start and had made some questionable decisions...not sure I like that much.

13 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don't know who that is.

Former Chiefs GM.

He drafted Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, and Travis Kelce.

He was fired due to his style of communication with his management of the team. He did things like informed former WR Jeremy Maclin of him being released from the Chiefs via voicemail.

8 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

Also former Chiefs GM. Kind of makes me feel like he isn't wanted much around the league. He's had very short stops in both KC and Cle (Cle I think was 2 years?) He hired Kitchens which was a disaster from the start and had made some questionable decisions...not sure I like that much.

It's because he had shady communication practices when it came to managing his teams. He used to inform players that they were being released by voicemail. He also isn't the best at managing the salary cap.

He does have a really good eye for talent though. He drafted Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, and Travis Kelce.

6 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Former Chiefs GM.

He was fired due to his style of communication with his management of the team. He did things like informed former WR Jeremy Maclin of him being released from the Chiefs via voicemail.

That’s akin to quitting on your team via note on a locker room bench....  well maybe not that bad 

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

It's because he had shady communication practices when it came to managing his teams. He used to inform players that they were being released by voicemail. He also isn't the best at managing the salary cap.

He does have a really good eye for talent though. He drafted Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, and Travis Kelce.

Well you know Blank loves that.  He has to listen to the experts when making a choice.  I say keep the staff we have except Dirk Koetter. 

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Well he tried to call, they didn't answer so...🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Former Chiefs GM.

If he could come in here and acquire the equivalent talent of Mahomes, Hill and Kelce for us, I'd cut him some slack on the poor communication skills. Many people with remarkable talents suck at being people. We might have to adapt.

Hopefully he would have learned from his previous mistakes and continued to hone his talent evaluation skills. Whoever gets the nod, Blank and McKay absolutely have to nail this hire or risk going backward from the Quinn-TD era instead of forward toward another SB.

52 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

In fairness he kept kitchens around after being interim.  He got rid of Hue Jackson and the team instantly got better so he gave kitchens a chance (sound familiar?).  I believe the owner gave Stefansksi say in who the GM was and he didn’t want Dorsey, so he moved on.

His first draft was Mayfield, Ward, Corbett and Nick Chubb.  Second he used a first for OBJ and they got Greedy Williams in the 2nd which was one of the steals of the draft.  Guy can find talent, helps when you have Sashi Brown playing money ball with the Brock Osweiler trade the year before and stocking up on picks, but he hit on most.

Not to mention at KC he drafted Fisher, Kelce, Dee Ford, Marcus Peters, Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill, Patrick Mahomes and Kareem Hunt, he traded for Alex Smith and hired Andy Reid.

He can build a roster, that’s for sure.  Just a matter if he can not piss everyone off while doing so.

1 minute ago, Rings said:

He didn’t draft Mahomes.  He left in 2016, Mahomes drafted in 2017.

Even without Mahomes, it definitely looks like the man knows how to evaluate talent. As I implied in my first post, I'd choose ability at the job above personality.

If he turned out to be a hopelessly insufferable Asz Clown, Blank could insist he wear a gag under his mask while within six feet of other team members or employees. :ninja::lol:

Just now, PokerSteve said:

Even without Mahomes, it definitely looks like the man knows how to evaluate talent. As I implied in my first post, I'd choose ability at the job above personality.

If he turned out to be a hopelessly insufferable Asz Clown, Blank could insist he wear a gag under his mask while within six feet of other team members or employees. :ninja::lol:

I was wrong he did draft him.  It said his stint was over in 16, but he ran the 17 draft and then left it looks like.  Wikipedia let me down lol.

44 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

He didn’t draft Mahomes

Anyone can find talent at the top rounds of drafts to me I don’t want many GMs that look after these cellar dwellers teams give me a GM that is consistently picking in the bottom half of drafts.

There the guys that can’t afford to miss and have to have the keener eye for talent rather than the cherry picking what goes on at the top.

Also keeping a team at the top is a key for me.

47 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Well he tried to call, they didn't answer so...🤷‍♂️

You never know.  I worked with people who kept full voice mail boxes so no one could leave them a message.  And, each of these people I suspect screened their calls.  So, if they did not want to talk with you, you could not get in touch with them.  Of course, their boss could get an answer.  I used to feel like a private detective secretly determining where they were or where they would be at a specific time.  I would have to surprise them and inform them that they were no longer on my project.  I did not feel good about the tactics, but it was the best solution I could find.  People would bill against my project and never show for work.  Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

30 minutes ago, Rings said:

In fairness he kept kitchens around after being interim.  He got rid of Hue Jackson and the team instantly got better so he gave kitchens a chance (sound familiar?).  I believe the owner gave Stefansksi say in who the GM was and he didn’t want Dorsey, so he moved on.

His first draft was Mayfield, Ward, Corbett and Nick Chubb.  Second he used a first for OBJ and they got Greedy Williams in the 2nd which was one of the steals of the draft.  Guy can find talent, helps when you have Sashi Brown playing money ball with the Brock Osweiler trade the year before and stocking up on picks, but he hit on most.

Not to mention at KC he drafted Fisher, Kelce, Dee Ford, Marcus Peters, Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill, Patrick Mahomes and Kareem Hunt, he traded for Alex Smith and hired Andy Reid.

He can build a roster, that’s for sure.  Just a matter if he can not piss everyone off while doing so.

Actually Kitchens wasn't the interim coach. Gregg Williams was the Browns interim HC after they fired Hue Jackson. He fired Williams and hired Kitchens as HC because "he wanted to keep Baker Mayfield in the same offense."

1 hour ago, Rings said:

I was wrong he did draft him.  It said his stint was over in 16, but he ran the 17 draft and then left it looks like.  Wikipedia let me down lol.

I remember when it happened. He worked the 2017 draft but didn't make it to the start of the 2017 season.

People also thought that Andy Reid might've wanted more power over personnel after the parting of ways with Dorsey as well. But they replaced him with Brett Veach, who came over from the Eagles FO with Reid from the scouting and personnel department.