RB Rakeem Boyd

ike barn87987

31 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

I watched the vid and I don’t really see feature back material. Definitely needs to develop; Runs too high and doesn’t finish runs well. He would have to be a change of pace back until he sharpens the tools he has to become a feature back but I def don’t see him killing out the gate. That running style does not work between the tackles in the NFL and the coordinator would have to create plays to get him in space aka pass catcher/pass formation RB early on.

Edited by Macintez

10 minutes ago, Macintez said:

I watched the vid and I don’t really see feature back material. Definitely needs to develop; Runs too high and doesn’t finish runs well. He would have to be a change of pace back until he sharpens the tools he has to become a feature back but I def don’t see him killing out the gate. That running style does not work between the tackles in the NFL and the coordinator would have to create plays to get him in space aka pass catcher/pass formation RB early on.

They said that about Eric Dickerson too.

35 minutes ago, vanhino said:

I would love for the Falcons to let Gurley and Hill walk

I dont see any chance that does not happen, MAYBE keep Hill for what he is, back up but would think could do better. Seemed last couple of years he flashed on coverage units, but dont recall any at all this year. Man Gurley is toast, but cant say I havent enjoyed the TD production

9 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

I dont see any chance that does not happen, MAYBE keep Hill for what he is, back up but would think could do better. Seemed last couple of years he flashed on coverage units, but dont recall any at all this year. Man Gurley is toast, but cant say I havent enjoyed the TD production

No reason to keep Hill. Falcons draft Najee Harris as RB1, have Ito Smith as RB2, and Qadree Ollison as RB3. I sure didn't like Gurley's last TD against the Lions:ninja:

1 hour ago, ike barn87987 said:

They said that about Eric Dickerson too.

If this guy ran like Eric Dickerson then I definitely wouldn’t have posted that lol. I looked at some other highlights; He straight dominated lower competition. If he gets with a good RB/Zone scheme coach like the one in Minn he could be good. But he HAS to have a line that can get him 2nd level. I honestly don’t believe we have that here. He is a one cut runner.

1 hour ago, arrogantBEAST said:

WE NEED DEFENSIVE

Falcons also need a RB. Gurley and Hill ain't it, and fortunately they are both free agents at the end of this year. Draft DE (yet again) in the 1st round and grab Najee Harris in the 2nd. Get FS in 3rd round and BPA in later rounds.

Edited by vanhino
-

26 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Doubt he is there in the second but I would like it if he was. 

meh.....hard to say - lots of good RBs have been had in 2nd round - they tend to go in those first 10 picks or so though.   Chubb was early 2nd rounder - Sony went back of 1st.   Positional value just isn't there for running backs unless you are Saquon or McCaffrey.

Najee isn't in that class.