NCAA Football Playoff expansion!

This would have been the best year ever for the NCAA to test a six team playoff. Just like everything else this year blame it on 2020 LOL.

The bracket would have been similar to the NFL. #1 & #2 seed 1st round bye then #3 vs #6 : #4 vs #5.... Lowest see plays #1 then other team plays the #2 team. The winner of each of these games play in the championship game! Due to the fact some teams will play a lower number of games versus some teams that would have played an almost full schedule. How can the committee accurately compare these teams and come even close to finding the best teams to make in within the playoffs?? Just a thought.........

38 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

Well if it’s a six team expanded playoff this year and we aren’t in it and the Gayturds are, then you can count me as a no vote!

LOL, yeah I know. But it gives more teams a fighting chance to play in the games. This way these other conferences can't complain about not having a chance.

19 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Yeah, that’s a hard pass from me.  I don’t want the possibility of a two loss team winning.  They lost two games.  They weren’t the best team all year

It's just giving more teams a chance to get into the playoffs! Sometimes the small guy wins! It just makes the playoff system a little bit more interesting!

1 hour ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Realistically, which G5 team was better than the team who actually won since the playoffs started?  

The only year that is really in “question” is 2017, but I think most people feel like they got it right. Don’t think they would have beaten any of the 4 teams that made it despite the fact that they beat a team who beat two playoff teams. 

People outside the SEC don’t understand the difference between home and away Auburn lol

3 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Sure glad the 9-7 Giants didn’t make the playoffs so the great Patriots could remain undefeated 

They made the playoffs and won the SB but that mean they were the best team in the league that year.  They got hot and won.  I don’t see things that way though.  I want the best teams playing not the 8-4 teams.

7 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

What 8-4 teams are in the top 6

Figures that would be the only part you would respond to.  If they keep expanding to 16 teams like some want there will some multiple loss teams in there.  And even if you stick with 6 teams over a full season some years a two loss team will sneak in.  In my opinion if you lose 2 games you don’t have the resume to get in.

2 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Figures that would be the only part you would respond to.  If they keep expanding to 16 teams like some want there will some multiple loss teams in there.  And even if you stick with 6 teams over a full season some years a two loss team will sneak in.  In my opinion if you lose 2 games you don’t have the resume to get in.

Why? If you lost two games but beat the undefeated team in the playoffs how are you undeserving? 

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Why? If you lost two games but beat the undefeated team in the playoffs how are you undeserving? 

The best teams don’t always win in the playoffs.  You’re telling me the 9-7 Giants were better overall than the 18-0 Patriots?  Or that the Senators were the most deserving team to win the WS the year before?  I don’t think so.  They just got hot at the right time.

22 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

The best teams don’t always win in the playoffs.  You’re telling me the 9-7 Giants were better overall than the 18-0 Patriots?  Or that the Senators were the most deserving team to win the WS the year before?  I don’t think so.  They just got hot at the right time.

If they win yeah they deserve it. If the 18-0 Pats can’t beat the 9-7 Giants they don’t deserve to win the SB. Who cares if they took longer to find their groove as a team all that matters is they found it and they were good enough to become champions.

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

If they win yeah they deserve it. If the 18-0 Pats can’t beat the 9-7 Giants they don’t deserve to win the SB. Who cares if they took longer to find their groove as a team all that matters is they found it and they were good enough to become champions.

It’s just a different opinion.  They might be the best that day but it doesn’t mean they are the best team in the league.

This year it would be cool to see a little bigger playoff. Let’s say Iowa State wins the Big 12 and BYU/Cincy win out. It’s kind of dumb that an Ohio State team that may only play 6 games would get the nod over an Iowa State team that has played much tougher competition than Ohio State. Also as of right now, BYU has played the same number of ranked teams as Ohio State.