Jump to content

What do you expect the Falcons to try to do differently against the Saints on Sunday?


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

I don't kiss or buy dinner for skanks.

Only wifey material gets that treatment. :lol:

He is indeed, 19-8 record (.704 win %) since taking over as HC, but the records I stated above are just from games he coached against either Morris or Koetter in a HC/OC/DC/Asst-HC role.

This just goes to show you, once a swamper always a swamper.  Tell the rest of you swampers WFW said hey. Oh and tell rat-faced-boy he can kiss WFW *** where the sun don't shine...just sayin'

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing.  Ryan was sacked last year against the Saints 9 times, this year 8 times.  If Dirk didn’t learn anything in a years time, I don’t have much faith he will learn anything and adjust with two we

The defensive plan the Saints rolled out last time is very similar to the plan the Falcons use against Saints (the Falcons emphasize more middle pressure vs. the shorter Brees). Basically they attempt

I'm guessing slow developing routes and runs into the heart of the defense.  If that doesn't work I expect Dirk to change things up by abandoning the run.

42 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Both Morris (as a HC/Assistant HC/DC) and Koetter (as a HC/OC) have identical 7-10 records vs. Payton (.412 win %)

When counting the 3 games in 2019-2020 that they coached together only once, that's a 13-18 combined record (.419 win %)

Not a horrible win %, but still on the short end

Where did you get those?

Because your numbers do not add up.

DK has been in the NFC south since 2012 and litterally split every 2 games with the saints. Save 1.

From 12-20  DK's teams are a game under .500 .....due to a couple weeks ago...if we win Sunday he is an even .500

From 2009-2011 and then 2015-20 

Morris is  indeed 3 games below .500  (2018 & 2 weeks ago)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, falcndave said:

The defensive plan the Saints rolled out last time is very similar to the plan the Falcons use against Saints (the Falcons emphasize more middle pressure vs. the shorter Brees). Basically they attempt to get quick pressure and attack the check-downs. My guess is the Falcons may actually try to attack that by rolling the dice on a deeper route structure (100% opposite of what TAFT was clamoring for). They may take a few more chances on slower developing double moves and such. Of course, that would require running game support. It would be a huge bonus if Smith/Hill could challenge 4.0 per carry for an entire game. 

Nice post.  This is exactly what i was trying to tell someone on another thread. The Saints pretty much used the same blueprint to beat Ryan that the Falcons use to great effect against Brees.

The only difference is, while you attribute the deployment of this strategy to Brees' stature, I attribute this strategy to having no fear of the deep ball. The reason the Falcons don't fear Brees' deep ball is not b/c he doesn't have outside threats but b/c he has a weak arm (by NFL standards). By weak arm, I don't mean he can't throw the deep ball per se but rather that the throw is in effective. For instance, if you have to have a clean pocket so you can take 2 or 3 crow-hops & a big wind-up to deliver a lolly pop throw just to get the ball deep, then that's not effective. So yes, technically you can make the throw but it's not effective. It gives a beaten corner time to make up ground & get back in the play. The other way a weak-armed QB can "make the throw" is to let it go super early & hang the ball in the hopes that the receiver can run under it. This is a high-risk approach b/c you release the ball well before the receiver is open. Thus, our DB's don't respect the deep ball when Brees is QBing.

The Saints took this page out of our playbook & now deploy this same strategy against Ryan b/c he too is a weak-armed QB (no disrespect) but just facts. So essentially they don't have to guard the entire field & they can sit on the intermediate routes (Ryan's speciality). The good thing about Shanny is he was adept at scheming (i.e. crossing routes & timing patterns) the receivers open by route design. Given Koetter's apparent inability to do this, the Falcon's only hope seems to be to establish an effective running game or win the turnover battle & hope the defense can learn from its mistakes in the last L they gave us. The other thing is the Saints will take away the intermediate routes, so Ryan will have to beat them without his favorite routes. We'll see what Koetter comes up with. Anyway, just wanted to say nice post. Go Falcons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

This just goes to show you, once a swamper always a swamper.  Tell the rest of you swampers WFW said hey. Oh and tell rat-faced-boy he can kiss WFW *** where the sun don't shine...just sayin'

It’s not surprising that in the entire time I’ve posted here that you’ve yet to post a single coherent or rational thought, yet only continue to parrot the same inane comment ad nauseam. But hey, I guess it helps you feel like you’re actually participating in the conversation. This is how I’m sure the majority of this message board views you...

Ralph_Wiggum.png

And I’m nobody’s messenger boy, tell ‘em yourself, chump. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Where did you get those?

Because your numbers do not add up.

DK has been in the NFC south since 2012 and litterally split every 2 games with the saints. Save 1.

From 12-20  DK's teams are a game under .500 .....due to a couple weeks ago...if we win Sunday he is an even .500

From 2009-2011 and then 2015-20 

Morris is  indeed 3 games below .500  (2018 & 2 weeks ago)

Before his first stint with y’all, Koetter was the offensive coordinator for the Jaguars from 2007-2011. The NFC South played the AFC South in his first and last season in Jacksonville (2007 and 2011) and the Saints won both those games, 41-24 and 23-10, respectively.

You’re also likely counting our 2012 games in Koetter’s totals which I did not because Payton wasn’t on the sideline.

Edited by Iron Saint
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Iron Saint said:

It’s not surprising that in the entire time I’ve posted here that you’ve yet to post a single coherent or rational thought, yet only continue to parrot the same inane comment ad nauseam. But hey, I guess it helps you feel like you’re actually participating in the conversation. This is how I’m sure the majority of this message board views you...

Ralph_Wiggum.png

And I’m nobody’s messenger boy, tell ‘em yourself, chump. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Before his first stint with y’all, Koetter was the offensive coordinator for the Jaguars from 2007-2011. The NFC South played the AFC South in his first and last season in Jacksonville (2007 and 2011) and the Saints won both those games, 41-24 and 23-10, respectively.

You’re likely also counting our 2012 games games in Koetter’s totals which I did not because Payton wasn’t on the sideline.

Gotcha.

I figured you might be counting those years where he had Blaine Gabbert as the qb.

In 07 was it Gerard at qb?

Hard to believe that was 13 years go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rings said:

Nothing.  Ryan was sacked last year against the Saints 9 times, this year 8 times.  If Dirk didn’t learn anything in a years time, I don’t have much faith he will learn anything and adjust with two weeks.  Dirk just doesn’t adjust well, week to week or in game, I’m just hoping Ryan survives the onslaught.

OLine needs to block. Receivers need to get open. Ryan needs to get rid of the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

It’s not surprising that in the entire time I’ve posted here that you’ve yet to post a single coherent or rational thought, yet only continue to parrot the same inane comment ad nauseam. But hey, I guess it helps you feel like you’re actually participating in the conversation. This is how I’m sure the majority of this message board views you...

Ralph_Wiggum.png

And I’m nobody’s messenger boy, tell ‘em yourself, chump. 🤷🏻‍♂️

 

What's worse, triggering a swamper or losing to the saints? I'll go with with losing to them.

F*** the saints/swampers/rat-faced-boy

If you don't fit into one of these categories consider yourself a lucky man. 

Hate week, be there or be square

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

OLine needs to block. Receivers need to get open. Ryan needs to get rid of the ball.

So everyone else’s fault, no blame on the guy calling and designing the plays?  Got it.  

Line blocked long enough in a lot of those situations, receiving route concepts were terrible, had receivers running into each other, there was no balance everyone knew we were passing second half on basically every play, Ryan did hold the ball too long and should have thrown it away a few times, but they were in that situation because of the play calling.  Dirks offense is serviceable at times when Julio is on the field, if he isn’t he doesn’t adjust and the offense is horrendous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Gotcha.

I figured you might be counting those years where he had Blaine Gabbert as the qb.

In 07 was it Gerard at qb?

Hard to believe that was 13 years go.

Crazy indeed that it was 13 years ago already. I remember they had our NT, Hollis Thomas, mic’d up for the game against the Jaguars and he was cracking on Maurice Jones-Drew for being shorter than the referee. 😂

14 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Hate week, be there or be square

See that? THAT is why the Falcons will always be a bridesmaid and never a bride. Just like y’all fans, no one in the Falcons organization or locker room takes this rivalry serious. They just want to collect their checks and go home. Hate “week” :rolleyes:

Saints players, staff, and fans alike all hate the Falcons 24/7/365 (366 in leap years). Not just during two arbitrary weeks in fall/winter. It’s the reason Cam Jordan enjoys knocking Matt Ryan into the dirt more than any other QB he’s gotten his hands on.

But I couldn’t expect you to know anything about that. 🤗

13 hours ago, Vandy said:

Run the ****  ball. 

DfWCjhrWAAUY5pT.jpg

😜

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

See that? THAT is why the Falcons will always be a bridesmaid and never a bride. Just like y’all fans, no one in the Falcons organization or locker room takes this rivalry serious. They just want to collect their checks and go home. Hate “week” :rolleyes:

Saints players, staff, and fans alike all hate the Falcons 24/7/365 (366 in leap years). Not just during two arbitrary weeks in fall/winter. It’s the reason Cam Jordan enjoys knocking Matt Ryan into the dirt more than any other QB he’s gotten his hands on.

But I couldn’t expect you to know anything about that. 🤗

DfWCjhrWAAUY5pT.jpg

😜

We don’t take it serious, eh? Falcons lead series all-time 53-50. :ninja:
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

See that? THAT is why the Falcons will always be a bridesmaid and never a bride. Just like y’all fans, no one in the Falcons organization or locker room takes this rivalry serious. They just want to collect their checks and go home. Hate “week” :rolleyes:

Saints players, staff, and fans alike all hate the Falcons 24/7/365 (366 in leap years). Not just during two arbitrary weeks in fall/winter. It’s the reason Cam Jordan enjoys knocking Matt Ryan into the dirt more than any other QB he’s gotten his hands on.

But I couldn’t expect you to know anything about that. 🤗

 

 

So what you’re saying is the Falcons own real estate are in y’all heads every waking moment? 😁😘

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Crazy indeed that it was 13 years ago already. I remember they had our NT, Hollis Thomas, mic’d up for the game against the Jaguars and he was cracking on Maurice Jones-Drew for being shorter than the referee. 😂

See that? THAT is why the Falcons will always be a bridesmaid and never a bride. Just like y’all fans, no one in the Falcons organization or locker room takes this rivalry serious. They just want to collect their checks and go home. Hate “week” :rolleyes:

Saints players, staff, and fans alike all hate the Falcons 24/7/365 (366 in leap years). Not just during two arbitrary weeks in fall/winter. It’s the reason Cam Jordan enjoys knocking Matt Ryan into the dirt more than any other QB he’s gotten his hands on.

But I couldn’t expect you to know anything about that. 🤗

DfWCjhrWAAUY5pT.jpg

😜

Oh don't worry, I hate the saints and the swampers 24/7. WFW is not a fair weather saints/swamper/rat-faced/boy hater...y'all got me full time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bottom-line is right now the Saints have a superior organization, top to bottom. They have yet to lose a game when Brees is hurt over the last 2 years, and that solidifies what I'm saying. They are 46-13 over the last 4 seasons, by far the best in the NFL.

The defense is as good as its ever been under Payton and is now capable of winning games on their own. They did exactly that 2 weeks ago in our first game. I expect them to show up again this weekend. They have surrendered only 1 TD over the last 4 games. That can't continue. But they aren't likely to suddenly forget how to play defense either.

Saints by 7-10 this weekend.

But hey, every team has a chance every week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

Bottom-line is right now the Saints have a superior organization, top to bottom. They have yet to lose a game when Brees is hurt over the last 2 years, and that solidifies what I'm saying. They are 46-13 over the last 4 seasons, by far the best in the NFL.

The defense is as good as its ever been under Payton and is now capable of winning games on their own. They did exactly that 2 weeks ago in our first game. I expect them to show up again this weekend. They have surrendered only 1 TD over the last 4 games. That can't continue. But they aren't likely to suddenly forget how to play defense either.

Saints by 7-10 this weekend.

But hey, every team has a chance every week.

All that greatness RayBob is for naught since you can only claim 1 tainted SB. Gotcha, best organization top to bottom...:vince::flush::lol:

I must admit I enjoyed the saints collapses in the playoffs the last few years starting with this one. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

So what you’re saying is the Falcons own real estate are in y’all heads every waking moment? 😁😘

Not per say, I’d venture it’s more how you think about all those starving kids in poor countries and feel bad for them. 😜😂

5 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Oh don't worry, I hate the saints and the swampers 24/7. WFW is not a fair weather saints/swamper/rat-faced/boy hater...y'all got me full time. 

Debatable 😏

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...