What do you expect the Falcons to try to do differently against the Saints on Sunday?

The defensive plan the Saints rolled out last time is very similar to the plan the Falcons use against Saints (the Falcons emphasize more middle pressure vs. the shorter Brees). Basically they attempt to get quick pressure and attack the check-downs. My guess is the Falcons may actually try to attack that by rolling the dice on a deeper route structure (100% opposite of what TAFT was clamoring for). They may take a few more chances on slower developing double moves and such. Of course, that would require running game support. It would be a huge bonus if Smith/Hill could challenge 4.0 per carry for an entire game. 

Nothing.  Ryan was sacked last year against the Saints 9 times, this year 8 times.  If Dirk didn’t learn anything in a years time, I don’t have much faith he will learn anything and adjust with two weeks.  Dirk just doesn’t adjust well, week to week or in game, I’m just hoping Ryan survives the onslaught.

47 minutes ago, falcndave said:

The defensive plan the Saints rolled out last time is very similar to the plan the Falcons use against Saints (the Falcons emphasize more middle pressure vs. the shorter Brees). Basically they attempt to get quick pressure and attack the check-downs. My guess is the Falcons may actually try to attack that by rolling the dice on a deeper route structure (100% opposite of what TAFT was clamoring for). They may take a few more chances on slower developing double moves and such. Of course, that would require running game support. It would be a huge bonus if Smith/Hill could challenge 4.0 per carry for an entire game. 

I think that is going to be accurate.

We are still going to take shots but I think it will be more towards the outside rather than trying the middle.

I hope we see more pre-snap movement and stacks to help create free releases and favorable match-ups. We have to run the ball better in order to slow their pass rush down. Last game, they just pinned their ears back and came right us. The offensive line wasn't as bad as they seemed but could be better. Ryan has to get rid of the ball and avoid sacks on early downs. He took a couple unnecessary sacks.

Most of all we need to man the **** up. They bullied us all game long and we had no answer. I expect a fired up team come Sunday. I just worry that Koetter will continue to hold us back on offense.

8 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

They might try and pound the ball with Gurley and run more screens and quick hitting short passes.  Dirk saw enough of that pass rush that the Falcons are not gonna drop Ryan back in the pocket on anything but play action...

I'd be surprised if Gurley play let alone the Falcons trying to "pound" the Saints with him.

8 minutes ago, opensource001 said:

I'm guessing slow developing routes and runs into the heart of the defense.  If that doesn't work I expect Dirk to change things up by abandoning the run.

You left out, if they are Blitzing the same Safety, just figure they will stop sending him, even though it’s working and not adjust to pick him up.

IF they try something new they’re gonna try it all game cuz there are no in game adjustments. Meaning if we’re trying to counter it w slants and screens then get ready to see those all day even if the defense adjusts. Sean Payton is light years ahead of this embarrassing coaching staff. He didn’t even need a qb to throw the ball against  us lol anyone think that changes 2 weeks later? Payton coached against both of these fools for years and look what he did to us. They’ve coached against Payton for years and look at how their plan went. He is the predator they are the prey

What they need to do is get the run game going. I would love to see more power runs with Keith Smith and Qadree Ollison. Change it up. We need a little thunder to our impotent lightening. Defense is firing on all cylinders right now. But the OL needs to be given the green light to tee off on those swamp rats. 

38 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

IF they try something new they’re gonna try it all game cuz there are no in game adjustments. Meaning if we’re trying to counter it w slants and screens then get ready to see those all day even if the defense adjusts. Sean Payton is light years ahead of this embarrassing coaching staff. He didn’t even need a qb to throw the ball against  us lol anyone think that changes 2 weeks later? Payton coached against both of these fools for years and look what he did to us. They’ve coached against Payton for years and look at how their plan went. He is the predator they are the prey

Payton got out coached in that 26-9 beatdown.