I don't follow the Eagles closely but I believe they have had horrible injury luck the past couple years to derail their seasons. They barely overcame it last year to win the Division then Wentz got injured in the playoff game. They're still only a half game back from leading their division this year but their offense is falling apart. I'd blame the GM more than Pederson, that offense has no one to spark it and make a play. What I seen last night was the receivers not on the same page as Wentz, which will happen when you're not playing with NFL Caliber receivers.  

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

If the Eagles fire him how many of you would want him? I’m not advocating him but I would give him an interview. 

I honestly think Reich and DeFillippo were the brains behind their SB magic so I would pass.

He is adamant about calling the offensive plays but is not good at at

I confess, I'm not very knowledgeable about Pederson or the Eagles, since I don't follow them very closely --- but from what I've seen and heard, I give it a "meh".  
At this point, I'm willing to let Rah have another shot at it --- depending, of course, on how the rest of this season goes.  Our guys seem to want to play for him (for whatever reason), so I'm willing to take a wait-and-see attitude at this point...  

3 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

Wonder how much Frank Reich had to do with that 2017 season. Peterson doesn't seem the same since he left. 

This is why you gotta be careful with the line of thought about we “must hire an offensive minded head coach.” It’s always a brain trust putting this stuff. 

Shanny, McVay, Pederson, all these guys had hiccups when their key guys moved on.

2 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

Howie Roseman's drafts are horrendous. Only one pro bowl player since 2013... You got it, Carson Wentz in 2017.

I didn’t realize it was that bad but the OL is awful and decimated by injuries. The Eagles have gotten old and slow. They had a good run but with HRs drafts being so bad it appears to be over. J Lurie will run both these guys OOT. If so, DP would be a candidate for sure imo.

5 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Hahahahahahahahahahah 

* Takes deep breath*

Hahahahahahahahahahah 

Oh wait.....you are serious!

All kidding aside....no. he had that magical year in 2017 but as a whole the eagles have been very meh.

People ***** about DK ...... Pederson is much much worse. Just look at how Wentz has regressed.

And he had Frank Reich as his OC that year. Reich then got the HC job with the Colts after that SB and the Eagles offense has been awful since. Pederson has proven that he's not this offensive genius people seem to think he is. Andy Reid didn't rub off on him.

Edited by AUTiger7222
2 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

This is why you gotta be careful with the line of thought about we “must hire an offensive minded head coach.” It’s always a brain trust putting this stuff. 

Shanny, McVay, Pederson, all these guys had hiccups when their key guys moved on.

Exactly!! I don't care if the HC is an offensive or defensive guy. Just hire the right guy.

5 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The year that Frank Reich was the Eagles OC. I don't think it's a fluke that Wentz hasn't been the same without Reich.

Maybe not but Reich is gone. I think it was a fluke season. Ryan doesn’t look the same without Shanny but yet he still plays good. Reich wasn’t out there making decisions for Wentz. He has bad reads like he is a rookie QB

Just now, youngbloodz said:

Maybe not but Reich is gone. I think it was a fluke season. Ryan doesn’t look the same without Shanny but yet he still plays good. Reich wasn’t out there making decisions for Wentz. He has bad reads like he is a rookie QB

Ryan's year in 2018 with Sark was nearly identical to his 2016 season and one argue that it was even better given the injuries the Falcons had in 2018 that they didn't deal with in 2016.

But you're right. Reich or Pederson isn't making the decisions for Wentz and Wentz looks awful right now and has for quite a while. He looks completely lost.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Ryan's year in 2018 with Sark was nearly identical to his 2016 season and one argue that it was even better given the injuries the Falcons had in 2018 that they didn't deal with in 2016.

But you're right. Reich or Pederson isn't making the decisions for Wentz and Wentz looks awful right now and has for quite a while. He looks completely lost.

I still believe the 2016 season was better for Ryan. But it proves my point of you’re a great QB the talent will rise. I understand your point about Reich and it definitely has merit 

Just now, youngbloodz said:

I still believe the 2016 season was better for Ryan. But it proves my point of you’re a great QB the talent will rise. I understand your point about Reich and it definitely has merit 

But to your point with the thread, you definitely bring Pederson in for an interview. It would be stupid not to. Maybe he's better than he's had a chance to show in a terrible situation in Philadelphia. At this point, I think I'd rather have him than Bienemy if I had to pick one or the other.

12 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

But to your point with the thread, you definitely bring Pederson in for an interview. It would be stupid not to. Maybe he's better than he's had a chance to show in a terrible situation in Philadelphia. At this point, I think I'd rather have him than Bienemy if I had to pick one or the other.

I hope they do give him an interview if he gets fired in Philly. I love his no none sense approach too. He seems like he is in a bad mood all the time during his interviews lol. But he is a great coach

6 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I just hope the new regime will understand that getting a great OC means he will eventually move on, and make grooming a successor on the staff a priority.  Quinn's failure to do that honestly is probably the biggest mistake that led to his firing.

Thats why you hire a HC that calls his own plays so you dont run into that problem