Can we make a run at Wildcard?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No. Yesterday was a win, but it didn't say anything about the team.  The Raiders literally gave the game away.  We put up 36 offensive points, but Matt Ryan threw for 185 yards.  Just saying, we

I hope the Birds are still hurting over that Stinktown embarrassment enough to go out there and get some payback Sunday.  That was one disgusting display of football.       

KC threw for 480 yards and got only 27 points. There are a lot of things that have to come together for a win but it's not always what you expect it to be.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

We lose to Saints ...it's over ...one game at a time people .. one game at a time 

Actually it is not over.

It makes it more difficult because been would have to win the final 4 and finish 8-8 and then have allllllll sorts of help.

But yeah ...one game at a time.

Hate week is now revenge week!

Maybe?

There's the Bucs(?) and 2 really strong also-ran teams in NFC West depending who is standing in week 17.  

Maybe the Vikes or Bears are thinking the same thing.  No way an NFC East team makes that draw.  

I think today there are some teams out front and it's a long shot.  I'd say that is a good goal that is attainable but not easy.

The Raiders are a good team, far better than some of the guys we lost to this year.  So Let's Go! 1-0 today.  

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Actually it is not over.

It makes it more difficult because been would have to win the final 4 and finish 8-8 and then have allllllll sorts of help.

But yeah ...one game at a time.

Hate week is now revenge week!

A loss to the Saints put us from 3% chance today to less than 1% chance of making the playoffs.

Loss to the Saints may not be the mathematical dagger but it will be the dagger that changes the picture from almost impossible today to when pigs fly impossible.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

A loss to the Saints put us from 3% chance today to less than 1% chance of making the playoffs.

Loss to the Saints may not be the mathematical dagger but it will be the dagger that changes the picture from almost impossible today to when pigs fly impossible.

Oh no doubt....

Let's just beat the saints and talk about it this time next week.

27 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

when i look at the standings i can't get the visual of a bunch of guys standing around watching a ball roll past them in slow motion out of my head

but if we can be playing meaningful games in december for the first time in 3 years, let's get after it!

Yeah that botched onside kick recovery looms large now.

5 hours ago, isproab said:

No.

Yesterday was a win, but it didn't say anything about the team.  The Raiders literally gave the game away.  We put up 36 offensive points, but Matt Ryan threw for 185 yards.  Just saying, we had short fields and the Raiders gave the game away.  I don't think that means the Falcons are playoff worthy or even close.

This team, isn't ready.  They can't put together a game plan and execute to beat a competent group.  So what I'm trying to say is, if they were to find their way into the playoffs by some stretch of the imagination, it would be a quick exit.  This is not a good team.  Just my opinion, but I think it needs to be rebuilt.

If they found a way to make the playoffs with the schedule remaining, they would have earned every right to be in the playoffs. We could make a first round exit, sure, but at that point no one would want to play the Falcons. Would you really want to play a team that beat the Saints, Bucs 2x, and Chiefs in the first round of the playoffs in a 5 week span? 

28 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

If they found a way to make the playoffs with the schedule remaining, they would have earned every right to be in the playoffs. We could make a first round exit, sure, but at that point no one would want to play the Falcons. Would you really want to play a team that beat the Saints, Bucs 2x, and Chiefs in the first round of the playoffs in a 5 week span? 

No one will have to worry about that because your team isnt beating the Saints, KC and Bucsx2 ( altho im perfectly ok with you sweeping Bucs ) 

And since i cannot start a thread ( not sure why ) - isnt it HATE WEEK? NO HATE WEEK THREAD YET? nothing on Rival Central either. ( for like months ) 

short answer no

long answer, we need to win out, while beating NO, LAC and the Bucs twice isn't crazy, theres no way in **** I see us beating the Chiefs and I don't see 8-8 doing it.

Besides us, the Bucs play the Vikings and the Lions, both winnable games that would put them at 9-7.

The Cardinals have winnable games against Giants and Eagles to get them at least 8 wins plus 49ers and Rams twice which they can beat on a good day.

The Rams play the Jets and Patriots besides Cards twice and Seahawks once, again a very doable 9-7+

so long answer No, unless we win out. The stupid losses and the wipping we got in NoLa is going to be hard to overcome.

20 minutes ago, Glorioso said:

No one will have to worry about that because your team isnt beating the Saints, KC and Bucsx2 ( altho im perfectly ok with you sweeping Bucs ) 

And since i cannot start a thread ( not sure why ) - isnt it HATE WEEK? NO HATE WEEK THREAD YET? nothing on Rival Central either. ( for like months ) 

You don't have enough posts to start a thread yet.

6 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Gotta go 4-1 or 5-0 down this remaining stretch. I initially said there was no way and this team is closing out 5-11 or 6-10, but I didn't expect the team to beat the Raiders so that's already thrown off. 3 of our remaining games are ones I thought we'd win (split with Bucs, split with Saints, beat Chargers) so really they just have to beat the Chiefs or sweep the Bucs and there's at least a shot.

The teams looking at WC spots right now are:

Rams (7-4)

Bucs (7-5)

Cardinals (6-5)

Vikings (5-6)

49ers (5-6)

Not including the bears since they're shooting down to earth. Again...hard, but not impossible.

Spot on.  Leave it at "Hard, but not impossible" makes you a great man

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Which Falcon team do you mean?

The one that was 0-5 or the one that is 4-2?

Because there is a different vibe over the last 6 weeks vs the first 5.

Can they? Yes ...yes they can...and it should not shock anyone if they do.

Will they?  Who knows

you must have skipped 2 weeks ago when the 0-5 falcons showed up in New Orleans

28 minutes ago, Glorioso said:

You can’t start a thread because the site can sense a filthy POS right at registration. We have good security. 

7 hours ago, Jesus said:

Hill was 9-16 78yds 1int yesterday.

If Koetter can pull his head out of his butt for the week and put together a decent game plan then the Falcons should be able to beat the saints.

I expect the Falcons put a thrashing on the Saints- the defense has more tapes on Hill and they should be able to go after him. 

I hope Julio comes back because he opens the lanes for others. 

9 hours ago, Jesus said:

Hill was 9-16 78yds 1int yesterday.

If Koetter can pull his head out of his butt for the week and put together a decent game plan then the Falcons should be able to beat the saints.

And look what happened already when the Falcons played the Saints.  Have the Falcons found an O line?  Hill still scored two TDs, which out performs the 3 field goals Ryan led y'all to.  Granted, anything can happen, especially in this series.  However, it is going to take an epic failure of a Raider magnitude for it to happen.