I know we said we would stop doing this but....

57 minutes ago, Blitz28179 said:

Wasnt that one he got hurt on a shank? It was a short FG. I know he got hurt on play but that was after he clearly missed it.  I still think he can be inconsistent at times

That would only have been his second miss all year, he’s the most accurate kicker this year.  Not sure how that’s inconsistent.  Last year?  Sure.  This year?  Nope.

1 hour ago, Rings said:

That would only have been his second miss all year, he’s the most accurate kicker this year.  Not sure how that’s inconsistent.  Last year?  Sure.  This year?  Nope.

He has missed 3 XP's too, to be fair. Worried me a bit earlier in the season but yeah he's turned it up the second part of the year. 

1 hour ago, Lornoth said:

He has missed 3 XP's too, to be fair. Worried me a bit earlier in the season but yeah he's turned it up the second part of the year. 

The first missed XP came in week one. Keep in mind that's when he had the rookie punter taking over as his holder in a shortened offseason with zero preseason reps. Pretty sure that played a factor.

The second one came in the week 3 game vs the Bears when he got injured & had to sit out the following week. Obviously that injury and still getting on the same page with the holder played a role with that one.

The third one came in the game vs/ Carolina when a tropical storm was literally passing through Charlotte. There were something like 70MPH wind gusts during parts of that game & it was pouring rain.

So I personally don't think there's really much to see there. The dude's been money when it's mattered far more often than not.

Koo is awesome.  OK, look, we all love wide outs and QBs and running backs and maybe even a great linebacker but a solid kicker can win your clutch or keep you in a tight one.

Problem is people expect a PK to be 100%.  No, I'm not / was not a kicker.  But c'mon, what other position do you roll over someone when they aren't 100%?  

It's an obvious do or die type position and there are factors like snapper and holder that can make or break the kick. 

The point is that it IS NOT THE KICKER'S JOB TO CLEAN UP WHEN THE O CAN'T FIND THE END ZONE.  Anyone who thinks Koo is less than a Money Machine is off their rocker.  

Proof of my point?

His last miss was 9/27 v. Chicago.  His only miss this year.  That puts him top 4 in NFL.  How many Falcons are top 4 in the NFL?  In fact, Koo's stats are better than Bryant and he's only going to improve.  All in.

Edited by Killing Floor

On the season, Koo is 29/30 which is pretty awesome.  He is making, on average, 2.7 FG’s per game which would be an NFL high by a large margin.  

While I’m happy for Koo, the fact we attempted the most FG’s last year and once again this year is an indictment of he whose name I shall not mention.

In the last 20 years, only one team has averaged more than 2.8 FGA’s per game: the 2011 Redskins.  After today’s 5-5 FG’s, the Dirty Birds are on pace to become the 2nd team.  Woo-Koo!!