Falcons Inactives vs Raiders - No Julio, Gurley

I'm of the opinion it's time to trade Julio. Great player when healthy. We are not winning anything with this group.

I would rather trade him and get something vs do this dance next year and the year after. The team will be bad, Julio will miss 2 to 3 games. The sooner we start to rebuild, the quicker we potentially get a better team. Just tear it down. 

18 minutes ago, isproab said:

I'm of the opinion it's time to trade Julio. Great player when healthy. We are not winning anything with this group.

I would rather trade him and get something vs do this dance next year and the year after. The team will be bad, Julio will miss 2 to 3 games. The sooner we start to rebuild, the quicker we potentially get a better team. Just tear it down. 

The Falcons won’t get anything with his contract and his recent injury concerns.

In order to trade him he’ll need to finish strong. If he’s in and out every week there will be no market for him

20 minutes ago, isproab said:

And eat $11-15M in dead money? When we're $25M over the 2021 cap? With 32 players under contract? OK.

40 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And eat $11-15M in dead money? When we're $25M over the 2021 cap? With 32 players under contract? OK.

Figure it out. Every other team does. Still waiting on the Saints to face cap ****. Somewhere around 2012/2013 they were in a bad spot, then they magically found money for Jairus Byrd to sign a big deal in 2014.  Since then the worst they have been is 7-9.

I know all situations are different, but figure it out. 

49 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The Falcons won’t get anything with his contract and his recent injury concerns.

In order to trade him he’ll need to finish strong. If he’s in and out every week there will be no market for him

I get it. I think this needs to be the sentiment moving forward. We are fooling ourselves if we think Matt/Julio and company will be fine come 2021 and there is time for one more run. 

This is how the downturn usually looks. Still one of the best one year then a noticeable drop off the next.