If I hired a defensive coach it would be Eberflus

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2019/01/07/matt-eberflus-head-coach-indianapolis-colts-defensive-coordinator

Got the #1 defense in the league without a lot of big names. This article was last year and they’re even better this year. I love the Colts FO and would take anybody from there.

He fits my idea of who we need. Quinn (and Bradley, Patricia etc) are examples of why a DC who works with a HC who runs the D is not a good idea. Especially when that D is full of Pro Bowlers. You didn't need to be a good coach to look like a good DC in Seattle.

My worry with Bieniemy is the same. He's the OC of a team with an offensive minded HC for a team full of stars. It doesn't necessarily translate to a new team.

Eberflus is a DC on a team with an offensive minded HC, on a unit that is doing well without many superstars - that is a sign of a good coach. Of course, he'd need to find a very good OC to come with him.

9 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Yep...I think the Lions will tap Ed Dobbs for GM and Eberflus as HC.  Would be great hires for them

Brandon Staley is another coach I’d like

I love what Staley is doing in L.A.

He’s brought some fresh ideas to that defense while not completely tearing down what Wade built. That’s a sign of a confident coach IMO. My only pause is if it’s too soon for the big chair.

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

You must be one of the one's skeptical about Eric Bienemy.

I got the same questions about him that I have of the few other guys I like at this point. There isn’t a candidate in this year’s pool I feel is a no-brainer.  But I do love his intangibles.

13 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2019/01/07/matt-eberflus-head-coach-indianapolis-colts-defensive-coordinator

Got the #1 defense in the league without a lot of big names. This article was last year and they’re even better this year. I love the Colts FO and would take anybody from there.

If we go with a defensive guy for HC I like him, Dodds as GM and Mike McDaniels as OC