What's your opinion of Jeff Ulbrich as defensive coordinator so far?

Idk what to think of him as D coord. Was it his decision to be blitzing the LBs a few weeks ago or was it Morris' idea? That's the kind of play calling I could get behind. Regardless though, that looks to be a one time deal as we haven't seen that kind of defense since then. At this point I'm in favor of just giving everyone the boot out the door and get fresh faces.

5 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

@marvinthemartian....I have no idea why that was quoted to you....but then again...I am drinking 

My daughter sent me this...been dying to use it..lol

Lol I am honored to be the situation where it was used. Well played, kind sir! Tell your daughter she has great taste in frogs lol. 

Not sure if Ulbrich is going to be the longterm answer at DC, but  It does seem like the defense has played much more inspired and generally seemed more prepared since DQ's dismissal.  Yeah we couldn't stop the Saints in the 2nd half last week but I think the offense's ineptitude is mostly to blame.  You can expect your d to  wear down when the offense can't stay on the field and the settles for FG's instead of TD's.  The fact is with our offensive talent the d doesn't have to dominate for us to be a winning and playoff team.  Better scheming offensively makes all the difference.  Who else is missing Sark?  (and I say this as someone who thought firing him was the right decision at the time.)

13 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Looks like he needs some edge rushers.....other than that I think he’s doing the best he can 

^This, the guy doesn't have much to work with except Grady

New HC will bring in his own DC and with the Falcons luck, Ulbrich will end up the new whiz kid somewhere else. 

17 hours ago, Vandy said:

He’s been an excellent LBer coach. And overall, D has been playing better since he’s been in charge. 

I think he’s ready. But he needs some help. Cut the nonsense of drafting a QB now before we need to, but instead focus on drafting some pass rushers and safeties. 

And invest in rb and Guard to replace carpenter.

19 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you think that Ulbrich is a good defensive coordinator? Would you like to see the Falcons keep him as DC or do you think he's not the right guy?

19 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Too small of a sample size, but so far I'm just not really seeing much. I still think it should be on the new HC to bring in his own people, especially the coordinator positions.

19 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Looks like he needs some edge rushers.....other than that I think he’s doing the best he can 

17 hours ago, Vandy said:

He’s been an excellent LBer coach. And overall, D has been playing better since he’s been in charge. 

I think he’s ready. But he needs some help. Cut the nonsense of drafting a QB now before we need to, but instead focus on drafting some pass rushers and safeties. 

Ulbrich has done a good job with our LB's, the new coach definitely needs to keep Ulbrich around.  Maybe as the DefCoord..... but definitely as the LB coach.

I would like to see the Falcons adopt the 3-4 defense.  If Ulbrich can coach it as an LB coach,  he would get Fowler as an outside LB.... the same position Fowler played with the Rams.

I like that idea a -lot-.