JT Daniels - Heir Apparent to Ryan?

Someone has mentioned this in at least one other thread, but we may already have the perfect heir apparent to Matt Ryan in Georgia.

JT Daniels looks like a NFL QB already with this passing skills.  He is not a finished product and will probably be at UGA for at least 1 more year but would improve by staying in college longer rather than sitting a season on a NFL bench watching.

Ryan would finish out this season, play 2021-22 on his contract to hopefully a good season and then depending on his decline or lack of it, could play with Daniels learning behind him in 2022-23 or split time with Daniels the clear successor.

This would be the best decision in financial terms for the Falcons.

This would guarantee instant fan support from many UGA fans (barring a major collapse by Daniels)

Ryan would have the chance to prove his remaining years of talent without being run out of town.

Ryan would be able to teach his experience to someone before he leaves Atlanta or retires.

The only question might be how early in the draft Daniels might go and if he would be available to us in a couple of years or someone we would have to trade up for.

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

The Falcons could very well draft a QB in this coming draft.

Not exactly as Ryan's replacement, but for Schaub's replacement at backup. Schaub will be 40 years old next season.

i would think that we already have schaub's replacement, tbh i was surprised at the beginning of the season that benkert wasn't already qb2.

JT Daniels would be the perfect replacement for Ryan. He is very similar to when Ryan was senior at Boston College. The biggest plus is that Monken is running a version of Dirk's offense at UGA. So he would be very familiar with the concepts. I really thinking he is going pro this year. This is information Im getting from UGA insiders.

8 hours ago, Spyparent said:

JT Daniels would be the perfect replacement for Ryan. He is very similar to when Ryan was senior at Boston College. The biggest plus is that Monken is running a version of Dirk's offense at UGA. So he would be very familiar with the concepts. I really thinking he is going pro this year. This is information Im getting from UGA insiders.

I quit reading at "Dirk's offense".

4 hours ago, Zzzzz said:

Sweet Jesus. I'm a Georgia fan, and I think it's nuts to even consider this yet. He has only played two games for Georgia.

Slow your roll.

This this this.  Have we not learned about QBs that have one year (only a few games) of film.  Trubisky, and i'm not sold on Darnold either.  Totally agree with you, lets wait and see

13 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

I do not want this to happen but if Ryan were to get hurt I would hope they put Bemkert in instead of Schaub. 

13 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

i feel like that might be the one thing almost every single person on tatf could agree on

Raheem would go with Schaub as likely giving him the best chance to remain HC, but I'm with you two.