Lions Fire Coach And GM

AUTiger7222

Just now, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

No. I know it’s coming... no.

Another failed Bill Belichick guy. How many more examples does the NFL need before they realize that Bill and Bill alone was the key to the Patriots dynasty?

Although, I have hopes that the guy in Miami (name escapes me right now) bucks the trend.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

Another failed Bill Belichick guy. How many more examples does the NFL need before they realize that Bill and Bill alone was the key to the Patriots dynasty?

Although, I have hopes that the guy in Miami (name escapes me right now) bucks the trend.

Brian Flores. You watch his team play, they’re not there yet, but you see the stamp he’s putting on that Miami defense. Ditto for Vrabel, even though he never coached for Bill.

Matt Patricia never put together anything resembling a competent defense in 3 seasons and did nothing but try to pass blame to the prior regime.

2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Brian Flores. You watch his team play, they’re not there yet, but you see the stamp he’s putting on that Miami defense. Ditto for Vrabel, even though he never coached for Bill.

Matt Patricia never put together anything resembling a competent defense in 3 seasons and did nothing but try to pass blame to the prior regime.

Yes, Brian Flores, that's it. Thanks!! He's definitely building something great in Miami. Gotta give credit to the poster on here that pointed it out a few weeks ago. Forget who that is but hat tip to you.

And you're right about Patricia. Here's the other thing, Jim Caldwell had 3 winning seasons in 4 years and made the playoffs twice. But somehow he was the problem according to Patricia? Caldwell got such a raw deal.

6 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Man, I love what Vrabel is doing!

Just now, Tandy said:

Man, I love what Vrabel is doing!

Me too!! That's my kind of football. That is why the 1998 Falcons are still my favorite Falcons team ever and the 2008 Falcons are my favorite during the Matt Ryan era. I love a ground and pound attack based team!!

1 minute ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

You should do some threads on your favorite potential head coaching/GM candidates for the Falcons. You could probably find some good fits for Matt Ryan.

Pickings are a little slim this year but it’s not so much about finding a fit for Ryan as it is finding a fit for the team/organization.

2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Pickings are a little slim this year but it’s not so much about finding a fit for Ryan as it is finding a fit for the team/organization.

I love Ryan, but I want long term success. Prioritizing the needs of someone who will probably be with the franchise no more than a few more years, seems counterproductive. For a GM, find someone who can find talent across the board, including QB. For HC, find someone who can lead and motivate men, and can hire good coordinators regardless of who the star is on that squad. 

3 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I love Ryan, but I want long term success. Prioritizing the needs of someone who will probably be with the franchise no more than a few more years, seems counterproductive. For a GM, find someone who can find talent across the board, including QB. For HC, find someone who can lead and motivate men, and can hire good coordinators regardless of who the star is on that squad. 

That needs to happen....well said

26 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I will say this though. The coaches that comes in behind them are usually successful. With the exception of Mangenius, who's one his guys anyway. Also, Cleveland when they were terrible, and traded their high draft picks.

23 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Are you in the camp of grabbing an old school man's man or a young whiz kid like McVay? Personally I'd like the old school approach to solidify the foundation and not a guy who is trying to be buddies with the players instead of a leader.

16 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Me too!   💯 

47 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Me too!! That's my kind of football. That is why the 1998 Falcons are still my favorite Falcons team ever and the 2008 Falcons are my favorite during the Matt Ryan era. I love a ground and pound attack based team!!

But you have to add a kick-butt defense!