1 hour ago, FalconsGM said:

I didn't say he bench him that game. I say if they make the playoff with Jordan Howard on the bench it wasn't a bad decision. Make Mitch Trubisky a pro bowler and him at QB of a playoff team say everything for me.

But my first choice still Lincoln Riley, but if people are so high on EB a duo Matt Nagy HC/Doug Peterson OC  is the same maybe better for me

With all due respect I am glad you are not our GM:). Nothing personal mind you. 

31 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

Don't worry, I don't take it personally. Everyone has the right to have their opinion. But your choice of coach interests me a lot

I think there are some intriguing candidates for sure. Would love a young, very innovative offensive minded coach with an older, more experienced “playing with your hair on fire” DC. 

11 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I think there are some intriguing candidates for sure. Would love a young, very innovative offensive minded coach with an older, more experienced “playing with your hair on fire” DC. 

It is also my philosophy, an offensive coach who will not be afraid to take risks because the defense can do big plays. This is why I have been hoping since the start of the season that we can get Mike Zimmer back as DC, and modernize the "grits blitz" as Pitt modernized his defense with their identities, and this is the defensive problem of the Falcons is a lack of identity.

And I'm sure you know the "grits blitz" better than I do, so don't hesitate to tell me if it's a good idea.

1 hour ago, FalconsGM said:

It is also my philosophy, an offensive coach who will not be afraid to take risks because the defense can do big plays. This is why I have been hoping since the start of the season that we can get Mike Zimmer back as DC, and modernize the "grits blitz" as Pitt modernized his defense with their identities, and this is the defensive problem of the Falcons is a lack of identity.

And I'm sure you know the "grits blitz" better than I do, so don't hesitate to tell me if it's a good idea.

As much as I loved the Grits Blitz, I think that modern offenses would probably expose it pretty quickly. At this point, disciplined, channeled, controlled and well thought out aggressive defensive schemes would be best. Gotta admit though it was fun watching Glanville turn the dogs loose back in the day. 

3 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

As much as I loved the Grits Blitz, I think that modern offenses would probably expose it pretty quickly. At this point, disciplined, channeled, controlled and well thought out aggressive defensive schemes would be best. Gotta admit though it was fun watching Glanville turn the dogs loose back in the day. 

I agree but I mean the "grits blitz" mentality not necessarily the same defense because modern NFL is more mixed than in the 70s where the running game was more important than now but a team that blitzes a lot would be fun to see. A mix between the mentality "Fast and Physical" of DQ with the defense of Mike Zimmer which makes a defense smarter, and which hides the blitz very well. But the most important is the secondary for me and Mike Zimmer is a DB coach As you can see I like Mike Zimmer a lot, but his defensive experience would allow me to take an offensive coach

Dayum. I'm on the Lincoln Riley train. 

https://www.si.com/college/2020/08/04/lincoln-riley-oklahoma-football

He sounds like he could get blood out of a turnip. 

Unfortunately, I don't even see us looking his way.

12 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

But I'm down with this, and Riley fits the bill.

And here's an article that even has Atlanta Falcons and Riley in the same article (top 4 teams for Lincoln Riley, or something like that).

Although at #4, we're certainly more sought after than the top 3. As long as Dallas doesn't fire their coach. Riley would be a shoe-in in Dallas (considering he seems to be a close friend/acquaintance to the Jones').

https://fansided.com/2020/07/24/nfl-teams-hire-lincoln-riley-jets-jaguars-chargers-falcons/