Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That young man embodies everything right about sports and he has represented himself and this organization in a first class manner since he became a Falcon. 

Tired of the get rid of Julio BS

10 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Class act. Solid player.

See what we can get for him...

Here’s a better idea...keep Julio, and let’s “see what we can get” for all ya’ll navel gazers wanting him gone. A package deal.  ****, I’d throw some $$$ in just to make it happen. :ninja:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KamiKazee27 said:

Yeah I'm tired of it too. I think its pretty disrespectful to Julio. If it happens it happens, but It'll be a sad day if it does. Its hard to replace a HoF player.

Ryan is a HOFer and a large percentage of people want him gone too. 
 

But there IS a point in every great player’s career that the skills begin to decline and a smart organization will look at the possibility of looking to trade just before their value decreases. It’s smart business. Trade high, buy low. I thought we learned the hard way about the Falcon for Life philosophy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The fan base has 100% taken Julio for granted. They don’t realize he’s the best player in franchise history and an all time great player. 

He is literally just 2-3 seasons away from having the 3rd most receiving yards in NFL history, and he has a very real shot at eventually surpassing Larry Fitz for 2nd all time.

Same dingdongs who are on here whining about TD never accumulating talented players are the ones who then also whine about how we need to get rid of the handful of talented players we do have... just so we can get draft picks to appease their desire to jump on the bandwagon of whatever current fad is happening in the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Screaming Brave said:

Ryan is a HOFer and a large percentage of people want him gone too. 
 

But there IS a point in every great player’s career that the skills begin to decline and a smart organization will look at the possibility of looking to trade just before their value decreases. It’s smart business. Trade high, buy low. I thought we learned the hard way about the Falcon for Life philosophy. 

That bottom part is just another in a long line of BS false TAFT narratives.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Screaming Brave said:

Blank’s willingness to reward players for years of service instead of paying them based on future projections of productivity is not false but very real. 

Give us an example of one. So Julio’s not produced? Grady Jarrett hasn’t? Ryan hasn’t? Which “falcon for life” aren’t living up to their contracts? 
 

Wake up. The problem with this team has been the coaching, not those 3 so-called “Falcons for life” contracts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Give us an example of one. So Julio’s not produced? Grady Jarrett hasn’t? Ryan hasn’t? Which “falcon for life” aren’t living up to their contracts? 

Roddy White was the biggest one. And Arthur actually said he wanted to make Roddy a FFL. That wa a horrible contract. I’m pretty sure you will hear that narrative when it comes to MR2 and JJ11 wanting to extend. If he felt that way about Roddy just think how he’ll feel about those two. And you know I’m right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Give us an example of one. So Julio’s not produced? Grady Jarrett hasn’t? Ryan hasn’t? Which “falcon for life” aren’t living up to their contracts? 
 

Wake up. The problem with this team has been the coaching, not those 3 so-called “Falcons for life” contracts.

It’s not THE problem but one of many symptoms. 
I have enjoyed bantering with you. You seem like a good guy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Give us an example of one. So Julio’s not produced? Grady Jarrett hasn’t? Ryan hasn’t? Which “falcon for life” aren’t living up to their contracts? 
 

Wake up. The problem with this team has been the coaching, not those 3 so-called “Falcons for life” contracts.

I agree with Screaming Brave on some levels. His point is that trying to judge when a player is going to fall off of a cliff, and make sure your franchise doesn't get caught holding the bag is a good one. I love Julio, but when you add on the fact that our beloved Falcons are a dumpster fire, there is some validity into exploring a trade for our most valuable assets. That is not taking them for granted as some would have you believe, but just the opposite. It's getting value to rebuild this franchise.

Honestly I would rather they keep JJ & MR, and see them get one last run. I would like nothing better, but I just don't know if this organization will be able to make the transition quick enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Screaming Brave said:

Roddy White was the biggest one. And Arthur actually said he wanted to make Roddy a FFL. That wa a horrible contract. I’m pretty sure you will hear that narrative when it comes to MR2 and JJ11 wanting to extend. If he felt that way about Roddy just think how he’ll feel about those two. And you know I’m right. 

BS, that’s a terrible example. Roddy averaged $5.5M per season in his career. He was a great falcon. If anything Roddy was underpaid and took less in order to stay here. Bottom line,  Roddy deserved every penny he was paid by this team. If any player deserved ‘Falcon for Life’, it was Roddy white.

What I know is you’re full of **** on that one.

Next?

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I agree with Screaming Brave on some levels. His point is that trying to judge when a player is going to fall off of a cliff, and make sure your franchise doesn't get caught holding the bag is a good one. I love Julio, but when you add on the fact that our beloved Falcons are a dumpster fire, there is some validity into exploring a trade for our most valuable assets. That is not taking them for granted as some would have you believe, but just the opposite. It's getting value to rebuild this franchise.

Honestly I would rather they keep JJ & MR, and see them get one last run. I would like nothing better, but I just don't know if this organization will be able to make the transition quick enough.

Everybody’s due their opinion, but they should at least bring some basis with facts besides ‘Screaming’ the lazy “falcon for life” false narrative. 
 

What ya’ll are proposing Boise is great in theory, but easier said than done. And if falcons organization is truly as incompetent as you allude, I’d rather keep them than trade them away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Screaming Brave said:

It’s not THE problem but one of many symptoms. 
I have enjoyed bantering with you. You seem like a good guy. 

Quite a few in here would disagree with you on that one. :ninja:

The symptom to me has all along been incompetent coaching. Before blowing it up, I would prefer we fix the coaching first and see how core team as constructed responds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

BS, that’s a terrible example. Roddy averaged $5.5M per season in his career. He was a great falcon. If anything Roddy was underpaid, and deserved every penny he was paid. If any player deserved ‘Falcon for Life’, it was him.

I know you’re full of **** on that one.

Next?

Roddy defines Falcon for Life. He’s the standard 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

That young man embodies everything right about sports and he has represented himself and this organization in a first class manner since he became a Falcon. 

Such a miserable twist of fate his unbelievable catch to set the Falcons up for a certain FG didn't turn out to be the play of the game and make him SB MVP. But no matter. Julio Jones has earned a permanent place in the hearts of Falcon Nation as a player and as a person of character and class.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Screaming Brave said:

Roddy White was the biggest one. And Arthur actually said he wanted to make Roddy a FFL. That wa a horrible contract. I’m pretty sure you will hear that narrative when it comes to MR2 and JJ11 wanting to extend. If he felt that way about Roddy just think how he’ll feel about those two. And you know I’m right. 

You sound cazier than Bankhead in '88.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...