Jump to content

Gruden on Foye & The Falcons: “Best 3-7 team ever”


Recommended Posts

The reality is that he's telling the truth. We had a bad game vs the Saints, Seahawks, and Packers. We threw away the Cowboys, Lions, Panthers, and Bears. As much as some of us may hate to hear it, we're not that bad of a team. Between Dirk and the OL, I really can't say that the Saints dominated us either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

The reality is that he's telling the truth. We had a bad game vs the Saints, Seahawks, and Packers. We threw away the Cowboys, Lions, Panthers, and Bears. As much as some of us may hate to hear it, we're not that bad of a team. Between Dirk and the OL, I really can't say that the Saints dominated us either.

Yeah we are great when playing a below .400 or 200. team.  Other wise we are not fooling anyone.  We are not all that good.  Every year the pretenders come out and claim Falcon greatness only to end the season beat down and defeated.

No more rosey excuses.  We suk.  Oline has more holes than a hookers fishnets and the Dline could not cover a reciever if they were handcuffed to them.  Stopping the run is a crapshoot.

Just stop all the pretending...  the saints beat us with a third string QB.... lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Realsurfin said:

Yeah we are great when playing a below .400 or 200. team.  Other wise we are not fooling anyone.  We are not all that good.  Every year the pretenders come out and claim Falcon greatness only to end the season beat down and defeated.

No more rosey excuses.  We suk.  Oline has more holes than a hookers fishnets and the Dline could not cover a reciever if they were handcuffed to them.  Stopping the run is a crapshoot.

Just stop all the pretending...  the saints beat us with a third string QB.... lol 

I hate the logic of the below .500 team. It took some ****** play calling, and terrible OL play for us to lose to the Saints. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he is wrong outside of his comments on the defense being "good."  There are things about it that are good, but it is way too easy to pass on to be good. That said, with no improvements or changes at all, they could easily be 6-4 right now. Just imagine a world in which Quinn was still hanging on and many here were still clinging to hope that the team has an actual chance this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I had to LOL at great defense.  All he needed to add was Koetter is elite and the troll would be complete

He probably thinks that the Falcons are a really good team with bad coaching. Jon Gruden usually spoke highly of Matt Ryan and the Falcons on the MNF booth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Hmm, how about a play in playoff for the bottom 10 teams. 2 winners get in regular playoffs?

Sadly I'd watch...

Or the winner gets the #1 pick.  Then we won’t ever hear the tank word again and would bring meaning and ratings to these Toilet Bowl Playoff games

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Hmm, how about a play in playoff for the bottom 10 teams. 2 winners get in regular playoffs?

Sadly I'd watch...

I proposed a system like this that would discourage tanking. 
 

In the new system of 7 playoff teams. This is only for the first round 

Draft order is: 

Picks 1-6 the top 3 non playoff teams in each conference participate in a lottery

Picks 7-18 : the rest of the non playoff teams in reverse order of record. 

Picks 19-32 : The playoff teams in reverse order of record. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

He probably thinks that the Falcons are a really good team with bad coaching. Jon Gruden usually spoke highly of Matt Ryan and the Falcons on the MNF booth.

Even if he thinks that, I doubt he'd ever say it.

Raheem Morris is a part of Gruden's tree. It was Jon Gruden who gave Morris his first NFL coaching job when they were in TB.

So I just can't really see Gruden throwing a coach who was once one of his guys under the bus for being a bad coach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...