• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's about as football ignorant as comments get

Maybe that’s why the OP isn’t sourced!

Hot take there. I don't know how Ryan can deal with that.  Honestly, that article is worse than most of the posts on this site. No stats. No context. Just pushing a narrative. Ryan, and the entir

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

D Watson?

About the only guy close to this.

He isn’t at the top in output but it’s close and his supporting cast isn’t “bad” despite them trading Hopkins. 

They have an unproven OC and entering today they had a poor scoring offense like Atlanta this year. They might average similar PPG after this week ends.

2 hours ago, k-train said:

I was wondering about that, too. Is this one of those deals where a fan with no actual insight or connection to the goings on of the team or league writes what is essentially just a message board post, then post an image with it and tries to pass it off as an "article"? It's always funny to me when they go the extra mile to put their name & date on there as if it was something that was published by a legit media outlet, but not even seeing that much with this one.

I'm actually a former college athlete and a D-Coordinator now, i'm just simply posting a thought someone wrote.  IF you actually look two post down, you'll see I asked for thoughts, but thanks anyway.

45 minutes ago, k-train said:

Hey, @KCFalcon22, can we get a link to this "article" please? Would love to check out the author's credentials.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/25/falcons-matt-ryan-nfl-qb-futures/

sorry I took the last post too personal.  My bad, i'm man enough to admit it

QB is the single most important position on a football team. I say get one now while we’re drafting high enough to land one like Zack Wilson. No other player in the draft could have the impact long term like a Trevor Lawernce, Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Zack Wilson. You got to have a franchise QB to win the big trophy. MR could stay around another yr or two but the new regime would have their franchise QB in place. This franchise needs a spark to get fans excited and in their seats at MBS. This franchise is stale with MR2 and tired of seeing him get sacked. With that said, he’s been the best thing to ever happen to this franchise, but it’s time to move on and create some new excitement. 

You know I’m a huge Wilson fan and would love for him to learn from MR for two years, but it’s looking like he will be a top 8 pick

For all the guys who love a mobile QB, Malik Cunningham is a prospect that reminds some of Lamar Jackson.  Still raw, but an ideal backup QB who has 4.4 speed

4 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

nah, i've said several times on different threads that i think Benkert has some tools and it's too bad that he didn't get any preseason games this year because i'd love to see what he could do with more than just half of a hall of fame game to show it. 

no clue tho.

Okay little Johnny...it’s all good. Just JK man...er’thang good bro

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

You know I’m a huge Wilson fan and would love for him to learn from MR for two years, but it’s looking like he will be a top 8 pick

For all the guys who love a mobile QB, Malik Cunningham is a prospect that reminds some of Lamar Jackson.  Still raw, but an ideal backup QB who has 4.4 speed

Yep and we’ll have a top 8 pick

MC prolly throws it a little better than Lamar but dude is impressive and what it’s all trending to

I like this MC cat but give me Zack Wilson

13 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Okay little Johnny...it’s all good. Just JK man...er’thang good bro

it's all good my guy, i was being a d*ck anyways, people at work p*ssing me off today. or maybe it was that i was at work while all you guys were on your couches watching ball cranking back cold ones :D

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

it's all good my guy, i was being a d*ck anyways, people at work p*ssing me off today. or maybe it was that i was at work while all you guys were on your couches watching ball cranking back cold ones :D

I actually played 18 holes of golf,  cranked a few cold ones, went to a family gathering, watched football, cranked a few more beers, watched football. But hang in there bro....better days coming

I'd rather use a 1st rounder on an heir-apparent and give him the A-Rod treatment than fall into a QB carousel like the Jets.

It's better to get your next QB before it becomes a dire need. Plus, maybe the legitimate competition would push Matt to a new level.

Edited by Snafu

Falcons fans, I wrote this. Shoot me any questions, concerns or constructive criticism. I am a credentialed writer but I'm also not perfect. Love to hear ways I can improve. I think his athletic profile does limit him from playing to his best ability. I think he's good. Let me reiterate that. I just struggle to see him performing at a high level down the road given the way NFL defenses are leaning and the way Ryan's body and legs are evolving.

Also, I will admit when Im wrong. At the end of the day im a fan too. Just love to write. Some opinions are bad and some are good!

Thank you, guys!

Yep and we’ll have a top 8 pick

MC prolly throws it a little better than Lamar but dude is impressive and what it’s all trending to

I like this MC cat but give me Zack Wilson

MC is a project.  Wilson is fairly complete but still has areas he can improve upon.  I know SF has been openly scouting him and the pairing seems perfect.  Wilson is a wide zone WCO quarterback.  Steve Young recently offered his opinion on Wilson

Young doesn't see any flaws in potential 49ers QB Wilson

One of the most successful eras of 49ers franchise history came with a former BYU cougar at quarterback. And with the team's current QB position potentially in flux, might San Francisco try that very same recipe again?

From the sounds of it, Steve Young would suggest the 49ers do exactly that. The former BYU standout has been thoroughly impressed with the current quarterback at his alma mater, who is shooting up draft boards and reportedly has caught San Francisco's eye.

Zach Wilson has been the talk of the college football season thus far, having led BYU to an 8-0 record while completing 74.7 percent of his passes for 2,511 yards with 21 touchdowns and just two interceptions. He also has added another 158 yards and eight touchdowns on the ground. The 49ers reportedly recently sent vice president of player personnel Adam Peters to see Wilson play, and if he came away with the same impression that Young has of the true junior, they might believe they've found their quarterback of the future.

"The kid is a really good player," Young said Wednesday on KNBR's "Tolbert, Krueger & Brooks" show. "I mean, I'm not going to say he's Patrick Mahomes, but I'm saying he plays like Patrick Mahomes. There's no throw he can't make, and he's just intuitive and really present when he's playing. Man, every week, you're like, 'Wow. This is something good.'"

Jimmy Garoppolo might be out for the remainder of the current season, and there's a legitimate chance he has thrown his last pass with the 49ers. His contract for next season essentially is a team option, and given his inconsistency and injury proneness, San Francisco might decide it's time to go in a different direction.

9 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Any great QB like Ice would've looked like she-it last Sunday given how much pressure he was under. While an average QB (Hill) looked really good because he had time to survey the field. Yes, Ice is a future HOFer, and yes, he is also on the downhill side of his career. There are a lot of truths here. 

I think that Ryan and Julio will be much better next year

Writing is on the wall. Anyone that thinks he will be a good QB 5 years from now is just living in fantasy land. I don't give him 3.

He never had elite physical tools. The best thing was his mind, which I will say is pretty elite, but the arm talent isn't there. He can't fall off that much and still be a starting NFL QB. 

Falcons should do everything possible to get his successor or at least a potential successor in the 2021 draft. This chapter in Falcons history is all but done.