The next 2 games will be pivotal in determining Morris's future

falconsd56

53 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Here is the thing with the. "oh he had 2 weeks to prepare" argument.

They didn't.

While the Falcons did have a bye 

Hill was not announced  until the Friday before the game and there is  really no film on him as a qb. The Falcons had to. Split preparation between Winston and Hill.

With Winston...you know what your getting and you have an idea of what to expect

Hill had taken like 20 snaps from behind center and most of those have been gadget plays or just qb runs. This career high in pass attempts in a game was 2.

The second game imo will be far far more indicative of the coaches than the first game.

By then they would not only have our game tape but the tape vs the Broncos to review and a better feel for how Peyton will use him as a full time qb.

Most of us support this team, and we want to see it succeed, but the making excuses junk needs to stop. This staff doesn't deserve more excuses. They need to go...every last one of them. They have all failed. Time to move on. 

20 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I figured that I would get those kind of response.

The fact that there are 6 games left and another with the saints seems to be lost on some people.

It's not lost on anybody. The fact is this team has given nobody with any sense a reason to believe in them. Believing in this group is a fool's errand.

On 11/25/2020 at 10:18 PM, falconsd56 said:

I think that he can sustain one more loss

If we finish 8-8 after starting 0-5 that would be a 8-3 record in 11 games.

That is tough to ignore.

8-8... wow.  Your reaching for a miracle.  Maybe a bunch of teams will rack up so many injuries we can win a few... oh eww wait... the saints lost their QB... played us with the third string and handed us our collective a$$es 

7 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

They didn't.

Hill was not announced  until the Friday before the game and there is  really no film on him as a qb. The Falcons had to. Split preparation between Winston and Hill.

With Winston...you know what your getting and you have an idea of what to expect

Hill had taken like 20 snaps from behind center and most of those have been gadget plays or just qb runs. This career high in pass attempts in a game was 2.

The second game imo will be far far more indicative of the coaches than the first game.

By then they would not only have our game tape but the tape vs the Broncos to review and a better feel for how Peyton will use him as a full time qb.

We lost the game on the offensive side of the ball.  The offense had plenty of time to prepare

6 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

I wish I came to the site more to get in on these juicier conversations but life is a bit dif for me right now so this is less important.  I like RM (and Ulbrich) and I also give him a bit of rope as he took over this team midseason.  That loss hurt him a lot and even I think that anything less than 9-7 or getting to and playing well and getting past wildcard round will send him packing.

I honestly am just not excited by the coaching prospects.  Eric B (my top) has not only a ridiculous amount  of talent of the O side, he also has Andy Reid.   Can he turn Matt Ryan (who we are stuck with for a couple years unless we have a fire sale) into a more mobile QB with a cannon for an arm.   Who else brings something I can hang my hat on?  I don't see anyone I am super comfy with who is going to transform this team. 

My limit:  If RM can get us to 7-9 (longshot with only two more losses to give) and I can't see someone who is going to transform this team, I am still open to breaking trend of 3-5 year deals and giving RM a two-year prove-it deal in 2021.  It would be hard for me to throw him and Brick away after a 7-4 record against the comp we will be facing for the last six.

Good news...not my choice.  AB knows what he wants and will not consult me or TAFT,

I’d still be willing to take a gamble on Joe Brady.  Their offense is equal to ours with their best player out and far less talent all around

11 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

They didn't.

Double post dont mind me >_> 

Edited by Fiercefalcon

9 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

They didn't.

Hill is just one aspect of preparation during those 2 weeks. If it was just Hill that tore the team up, then sure I'd relent. But everything from top to bottom was rather bad on both sides of the ball.

Although either way I don't think I'll ever be convinced Hill should have had the type of game he did. Game tape or no game tape, he was able to sling it with impunity. Part of that still falls on Morris. But we also lack the tools make that job easier.

• 2 weeks later...