The next 2 games will be pivotal in determining Morris's future

Nah, last week was it for me. We had a bye week to prepare for a team missing two of their top 4 players, including their HoF QB who they substituted for Tim Tebow 2.0. And we got crushed. Granted, I blame Koetter more than Morris directly, but Morris continues to sing Koetter's praises, so I'm done with them both.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I swear Morris' chances are infinite for some of you

TBH, I think he blew his chance with this past game. I get its a divisional opp and anything can happen but we had 2 weeks to prepare and laid a goose egg. Regardless of what side of the ball failed,

As bad as the game was, what lost me with him was the way he defended Koetter after the game. That is where he lost me. Sure, I didn't expect him to throw Koetter under the bus but I did expect him to

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Yeah, I don’t disagree.  After the performance the first three weeks they have really improved.  Add another solid corner and and early round safety in the draft and our back end could be a strength next year along with the LB corp.

The DL is a complete dumpster fire, though.  Would not mind Jordan Davis next to Grady next year.  A true 330 lb mauler with plus pass rush potential.  Feels like a year to move back and add a top 100 pick or two

Being a Dawg fan I know you know Davis.  But for anyone else, take a look

Not really a Dawg fan 2012, but been very aware of Davis. 

13 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

Last week ended Raheems chances. 

Yep. Those chances were slim at best considering the schedule, mental state of the team, DK as his OC, etc., etc. Now a complete purge of the coaching staff from top down is virtually assured.

Hats off to Raheem though. He's got the drive to succeed. Hope he gets another HC shot sometime in the future with better odds than he had here.

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I figured that I would get those kind of response.

The fact that there are 6 games left and another with the saints seems to be lost on some people.

You gotta understand where folks are coming from. It seems far more likely the Falcons go on a losing streak than they are to go on another winning streak. If that happens then Morris is done for. But we've seen division games do a total 180 in a 2 week span. We saw it last year. Falcons beat the snot out of the Saints in New Orleans and then turn around 2 weeks later and get hammered by the Saints.

Like I said, my whole deal with Morris was him basically excusing Dirk's performance and not really taking ownership of the situation. Up until this point I loved everything he said and how he handled things but I didn't like the answers he gave after the game on Sunday. Sounded way too much like Quinn.

On 11/25/2020 at 4:30 PM, red falcon said:

Defense was smoked due to the inability of the offense to stay on the field and move the chains. We were still in the gm at halftime.

No way.

The way the Saints were bullying the Falcons every snap we were out of that game by mid 2nd quarter.  I don't care what the score was, we were getting b-slapped every play.

On 11/25/2020 at 4:02 PM, falconsd56 said:

Because having a winning record after 5 games is just terrible.

Who has a winning record?  Yeah if your playing the bottom of the .400 barrel.  We are staring 5-11 or 6-10 in the face.  We could not beat the Saints even with Brees knocked out...  we need a real coach.  Not one that is going through an on the job training course... we had that experience already with Quinn.  Years of making excuses and pumping him up bigger than he was.  Every week we were " Looking within"... Every loss we were "evaluating"... lol.  🤣

Get a real coach and a decent GM and a financial guy to straighten out the cap.

On 11/25/2020 at 3:45 PM, DirtyBird2 said:

TBH, I think he blew his chance with this past game.

On 11/25/2020 at 3:47 PM, hjerry said:

I swear Morris' chances are infinite for some of you

On 11/25/2020 at 3:59 PM, Boise Falcon Fan said:

He's done. Stick a fork in him. This team is circling the drain right now, and there really isn't much chance they are going to improve. Time to move on.

On 11/25/2020 at 6:20 PM, Duff_Man said:

They aren't bringing him back as HC. Not with flavor of the month Bienemy out there.

Bingo. Morris is done. No more threads about his chances. He has no chance.

On 11/25/2020 at 10:18 PM, falconsd56 said:

I think that he can sustain one more loss

If we finish 8-8 after starting 0-5 that would be a 8-3 record in 11 games.

That is tough to ignore.

13 hours ago, hjerry said:

drugs are bad

That's some strong drugs right there. 

(Sorry @falconsd56biggrin.gif.4d47f3fcc21c7930f28745d47c98ce29.gif)

On 11/25/2020 at 10:18 PM, falconsd56 said:

I think that he can sustain one more loss

If we finish 8-8 after starting 0-5 that would be a 8-3 record in 11 games.

That is tough to ignore.

That's a big IF --- but yea, an 8-3 record would be hard to ignore!  We'll just have to wait and see how it all shakes out ---

Being associated with Quinn is already one strike against him, fair or not. The Detroit game was another strike. Not necessarily because of the loss, but definitely due to how they lost.Then simply not showing up after two weeks of prep for a team absent it's starting QB?  

I'll pass. He might turn out to be an ok coach, but this team needs more than ok.

On 11/25/2020 at 4:02 PM, falconsd56 said:

The saints had 2 weeks to prepare for us last year and we went into NO and won 26-9 and dominated the Saints upfront 

Perhaps because they took us lightly because what everyone had seen in us up to that point was a team that had no fight in them. That game surprised everyone on the planet. 

3 hours ago, Fiercefalcon said:

Being associated with Quinn is already one strike against him, fair or not. The Detroit game was another strike. Not necessarily because of the loss, but definitely due to how they lost.Then simply not showing up after two weeks of prep for a team absent it's starting QB?  

I'll pass. He might turn out to be an ok coach, but this team needs more than ok.

Here is the thing with the. "oh he had 2 weeks to prepare" argument.

They didn't.

While the Falcons did have a bye 

Hill was not announced  until the Friday before the game and there is  really no film on him as a qb. The Falcons had to. Split preparation between Winston and Hill.

With Winston...you know what your getting and you have an idea of what to expect

Hill had taken like 20 snaps from behind center and most of those have been gadget plays or just qb runs. This career high in pass attempts in a game was 2.

The second game imo will be far far more indicative of the coaches than the first game.

By then they would not only have our game tape but the tape vs the Broncos to review and a better feel for how Peyton will use him as a full time qb.

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Here is the thing with the. "oh he had 2 weeks to prepare" argument.

They didn't.

While the Falcons did have a bye 

Hill was not announced  until the Friday before the game and there is  really no film on him as a qb. The Falcons had to. Split preparation between Winston and Hill.

With Winston...you know what your getting and you have an idea of what to expect

Hill had taken like 20 snaps from behind center and most of those have been gadget plays or just qb runs. This career high in pass attempts in a game was 2.

The second game imo will be far far more indicative of the coaches than the first game.

By then they would not only have our game tape but the tape vs the Broncos to review and a better feel for how Peyton will use him as a full time qb.

^Fools gold thinking Radio has any chance here. 

I wish I came to the site more to get in on these juicier conversations but life is a bit dif for me right now so this is less important.  I like RM (and Ulbrich) and I also give him a bit of rope as he took over this team midseason.  That loss hurt him a lot and even I think that anything less than 9-7 or getting to and playing well and getting past wildcard round will send him packing.

I honestly am just not excited by the coaching prospects.  Eric B (my top) has not only a ridiculous amount  of talent of the O side, he also has Andy Reid.   Can he turn Matt Ryan (who we are stuck with for a couple years unless we have a fire sale) into a more mobile QB with a cannon for an arm.   Who else brings something I can hang my hat on?  I don't see anyone I am super comfy with who is going to transform this team. 

My limit:  If RM can get us to 7-9 (longshot with only two more losses to give) and I can't see someone who is going to transform this team, I am still open to breaking trend of 3-5 year deals and giving RM a two-year prove-it deal in 2021.  It would be hard for me to throw him and Brick away after a 7-4 record against the comp we will be facing for the last six.

Good news...not my choice.  AB knows what he wants and will not consult me or TAFT,