The next 2 games will be pivotal in determining Morris's future

This past Sunday sucked.....no doubt or 2 ways about it but some people need to step back from the ledge a bit.... especially given our history with the saints.

Morris is still 3-2 as our head coach....I think these next 2 games will be telling as far as to if he is the guy moving forward.

How does the team respond to a disappointing game? Do we have another bounce back week like against the Vikings or do we go out with a wimper.

Then the following week it is the saints again at home...how does he take the lessons that can be learned from Sunday and apply them to beat the saints?

I don't think wins would guarantee him returning but they will go a long along way in determining how he can guide the team moving forward if he is the guy.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I swear Morris' chances are infinite for some of you

TBH, I think he blew his chance with this past game. I get its a divisional opp and anything can happen but we had 2 weeks to prepare and laid a goose egg. Regardless of what side of the ball failed,

As bad as the game was, what lost me with him was the way he defended Koetter after the game. That is where he lost me. Sure, I didn't expect him to throw Koetter under the bus but I did expect him to

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

This past Sunday sucked.....no doubt or 2 ways about it but some people need to step back from the ledge a bit.... especially given our history with the saints.

Morris is still 3-2 as our head coach....I think these next 2 games will be telling as far as to if he is the guy moving forward.

How does the team respond to a disappointing game? Do we have another bounce back week like against the Vikings or do we go out with a wimper.

Then the following week it is the saints again at home...how does he take the lessons that can be learned from Sunday and apply them to beat the saints?

I don't think wins would guarantee him returning but they will go a long along way in determining how he can guide the team moving forward if he is the guy.

TBH, I think he blew his chance with this past game. I get its a divisional opp and anything can happen but we had 2 weeks to prepare and laid a goose egg. Regardless of what side of the ball failed, he is the HC and did not have his team prepared. He may stay as DC but I dont know if a HC wants someone on his staff from a different "tree".

9 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

TBH, I think he blew his chance with this past game. I get its a divisional opp and anything can happen but we had 2 weeks to prepare and laid a goose egg. Regardless of what side of the ball failed, he is the HC and did not have his team prepared. He may stay as DC but I dont know if a HC wants someone on his staff from a different "tree".

The saints had 2 weeks to prepare for us last year and we went into NO and won 26-9 and dominated the Saints upfront 

I’m slowly starting to back out of his corner, that last game stunk of Quinn. No adjustments of any form or fashion were made during that game, especially on offense. Defense got smoked and we needed the offense to help us out, it’s really pathetic when most of the people on this board can draw up a better offensive gameplan than DK.

Edited by A Dog Named Brian
1 minute ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I’m slowly starting to back out of his corner, that last game stunk of Quinn. No adjustments of any form or fashion were made during that game, especially on offense. Defense got smoked and we needed the offense to help us out, it’s really pathetic when most of the people on this board can draw up a better offensive gameplan than DK can.

The writing is on the wall.  The entire coaching staff will be purged this off-season...and it really should be.  I would maybe keep Whitt because this year seems like an outlier from him 

2 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I’m slowly starting to back out of his corner, that last game stunk of Quinn. No adjustments of any form or fashion were made during that game, especially on offense. Defense got smoked and we needed the offense to help us out, it’s really pathetic when most of the people on this board can draw up a better offensive gameplan than DK can.

And that is why we have 6 games left to determine how viable it is for him to remain the head coach.

Again we have played 5 games with him as HC and we have won 3 of them ....and it had been repeated at nauseum but should have been 4 of them.

I am not going to let one game distort from that.

19 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

And that is why we have 6 games left to determine how viable it is for him to remain the head coach.

Again we have played 5 games with him as HC and we have won 3 of them ....and it had been repeated at nauseum but should have been 4 of them.

I am not going to let one game distort from that.

I’d agree with you except we beat bad teams that we should’ve beaten anyway. Now we go to battle with a good team and get trounced. Doesn’t show highly of his coaching skills to this point

Edited by A Dog Named Brian
19 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Defense was smoked due to the inability of the offense to stay on the field and move the chains. We were still in the gm at halftime.

21 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Exactly. I had hopes Morris could be the HC, but this game bore an uncanny, teeth-gritting resemblance to Dan Quinn coaching. Maybe this game wasn't all Morris's fault, maybe everybody had a really bad day on the same day.

But that's not the kind of performance you can survive as a fill-in HC. That kind of performance can be duplicated by any fan in the stands free of charge. That kind of performance will keep you out of the play-offs for decades.

Whatever the reason, this team wasn't prepared to play. Anyone still harboring hope for Morris or this team or anything positive from this season after last Sunday has my deepest sympathy because it's all over but the crying for this bunch.

Just now, PokerSteve said:

Exactly. I had hopes Morris could be the HC, but this game bore an uncanny, teeth-gritting resemblance to Dan Quinn coaching. Maybe this game wasn't all Morris's fault, maybe everybody had a really bad day on the same day. But that's not the kind of performance you can survive as a fill-in HC. That kind of performance can be duplicated by any fan in the stands free of charge. That kind of performance will keep you out of the play-offs for decades.

Whatever the reason, this team wasn't prepared to play. Anyone still harboring hope for Morris or this team or anything positive from his season after last Sunday has my deepest sympathy because it's all over but the crying for this bunch.

Don’t get me wrong, this game was mainly on DK. But that is ultimately going to fall on Morris because he allows that kind of performance under his watch.

1 hour ago, red falcon said:

Defense was smoked due to the inability of the offense to stay on the field and move the chains. We were still in the gm at halftime.

Not because of the defense playing well

How many times would they have given up a big play had their QB not made terrible throws and/or decisions. Any good defense would've been harassing him. We just kept giving him chances, and only his own weakness kept the rout delayed.

I personally see a need to keep Morris on board even if it's not a HC position. He is actually holding people accountable. I think he can build a good defense for us as a DC. I also like how he conducts himself. So what he got a little out coached against the saints, alot of coaches do. There's still plenty of football left.

There's still games go be played so there is still a chance for Morris......now with that said, I don't expect him or want him back next year. To me, if he were the real deal I think we would have known by now(I know it's a small sample size though) But so far he hasn't been great or ground breaking. I had hope when our D was blitzing and letting DJ and FO run wild, but I'm thinking that was something we won't see often or even ever again. Wash our hands of the coaching staff and keep only our cornerstone players and let's move on

Edited by Norwood all the way!