Jamie Newman - Our QB of the Future?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somethings are more important than a game of football friend

**** that guy. There's no way I want a quitter to be the QB of this team.

Yeah, once JT Daniels was recruited by Monken to transfer to UGA, things fell apart.  Nobody knows, but rumor has it JT was beating him out in camp. JT made his first appearance last week and was

6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I support finding a guy mid rounds to groom for a year or two. I also don’t know who the best prospect is in that range, it’s such a crap shoot.

Its the folks around here clamoring to cut Ryan and bring a guy in just for the sake of replacing him that grinds my ***. (Not saying that’s you KOG)

I'm in the same boat. Not one QB in this upcoming draft is a strong "replacement"

On 11/25/2020 at 2:50 PM, ATLSAGE said:

Anybody else like Jamie Newman as a 2nd/3rd round sleeper? I think he's gonna be undervalued in the draft because he didn't play this year and he seems to have all the tools we want in a modern QB. He's been training with that QB guru Quincy Avery who has a good track record with developing college QBs for the NFL. Maybe he could sit behind Matt Ryan for a year or two before he starts? Could be an Aaron Rodgers/Pat Mahomes situation.

I don't think he would be a bad option. If you are out of Fields/Lawrence territory, then you look towards the 2nd tier guys outside of round 1.

10 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Steve McNair...his words

Steve McNair was a decent QB but never anything special. He had an absolutely loaded Titans team for a few years and they made it to a SB and lost. But never made it back to the Super Bowl. Sounds a lot like Matt Ryan except for the loaded team part. The defenses that McNair had with the Titans were on another planet compared to the defenses Ryan has had. Ryan is a much better QB than McNair was.

29 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Steve McNair was a decent QB but never anything special. He had an absolutely loaded Titans team for a few years and they made it to a SB and lost. But never made it back to the Super Bowl. Sounds a lot like Matt Ryan except for the loaded team part. The defenses that McNair had with the Titans were on another planet compared to the defenses Ryan has had. Ryan is a much better QB than McNair was.

I agree.  He was a 70’s player living in the 90’s game.  Better football player than he was a quarterback.  McNair was a great football player

On 11/25/2020 at 2:50 PM, ATLSAGE said:

Anybody else like Jamie Newman as a 2nd/3rd round sleeper? I think he's gonna be undervalued in the draft because he didn't play this year and he seems to have all the tools we want in a modern QB. He's been training with that QB guru Quincy Avery who has a good track record with developing college QBs for the NFL. Maybe he could sit behind Matt Ryan for a year or two before he starts? Could be an Aaron Rodgers/Pat Mahomes situation.

Oh for sure! He had a real good year this year for the Dawgs. Please show us the highlight reel for UGA 2020

22 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

McNair was one of those dual threat QBs TAFT currently has a big thingy for. 6 TDs/11 Ints 67 Passer rating in playoffs.

Mike Vick slightly higher at 77.6. Deshaun Watson (3 career playoff games) 91. Lamar Jackson (only two games) is 68.3. Josh Allen & Carson Wentz  (1 game each) 69.5 & 39.6.

Compare that with Ryan....

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career_playoffs.htm

On 11/25/2020 at 3:02 PM, youngbloodz said:

You would know more than me. There were rumors he was being outplayed and that’s the reason he opted out so late. 

And those rumors are stupid and should be ignored.  Newton was not being outplayed by S Bennett or D Mathis.   JT Daniels just made his first start this past weekend, so no way JT Daniels was out playing Newton either.  

I don't blame Newton for not playing during the covid for free.  Plenty of players skip games to prep for the NFL or avoid injury.   Only butt hurt fans are mad at some young adult making a business decision for himself.   

On 11/25/2020 at 4:19 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Yeah, once JT Daniels was recruited by Monken to transfer to UGA, things fell apart.  Nobody knows, but rumor has it JT was beating him out in camp.

JT made his first appearance last week and was pretty awesome, throwing for 4 TD and 400 yards passing.

Id much rather Daniels in 2022 draft than Newman in 2021

Also could be because of Newton's lack of faith in Kirby as a qb whisperer.  Look at how Kirby screwed up the Fromm/Eason/Fields debacle.  Fromm won't even be on a NFL team when his rookie contract runs out, while the other two will be.  Then look at how JT Daniels said he was cleared to play after the first game or two (not sure what game he said) but it took weeks of terrible qb play to finally put in JT.   So I don't see how JT was beating anyone out at practice if he could only just now get a start.   Especially since his only competition is a dude who is coming off brain surgery and the other is a former walk on.  

4 hours ago, Screaming Brave said:

Oh for sure! He had a real good year this year for the Dawgs. Please show us the highlight reel for UGA 2020

You really don't agree with the decision he made? I think if we were in his shoes, we would do something similar. The only upside for playing was something improbable like winning the Heisman, National Championship and boosting his stock enough to be picked Top 5. Now that he will probably fall out of the 1st or 2nd round, he may get drafted by a stable franchise with the chance to develop behind a starter. I thought we could be the perfect fit.

10 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He just got hurt.  Is it bad?

It didn’t affect his performance leading up to that point. 

6 minutes ago, athell said:

Tbf he doesn't watch any day.  He just finds what's trending on Twitter and posts it for likes with no substance behind it.  See Derrick Henry thread.

🤷‍♂️